Team State Title Appearances by Decade - Who Dominated?

OldSchoolLion

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I never said i didn't have a problem with it

But sta is the team that always comes up in the discussion and they been dominating longer than these other teams dominating now

So in 2013 and last year when STA did NOT make it to States, why didn't 7A North take advantage of the opportunity?

18 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

How come you never had a problem with over teams dominating in other classifications?

How come there are plenty of other teams in VARIOUS classification that can compete with that 800 lb gorilla in STA?

Wait a minute....Last  I checked STA did not make it to States in 2017 and 2013. They actually fell to 7A teams.

7a is weak overall on both north and south sides

Yes moving sta does make 7a a weaker class but at least we wouldn't have to endure more blowouts by a team who is clearly far ahead everyone else

It proves nothing and only destroys the classifications credibility 

I remember things differently - As memory serves me, there was outrage against Lakeland when they were getting all the Polk county transfers and winning championships over STA .  Bust up Lakeland, they cheat.  I heard that a lot back then. 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

7a is weak overall on both north and south sides

Yes moving sta does make 7a a weaker class but at least we wouldn't have to endure more blowouts by a team who is clearly far ahead everyone else

It proves nothing and only destroys the classifications credibility 

Venice.  Rural Venice defeated STA last year and for the most part 7A North was blown out again.  Why is that?

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

So in 2013 and last year when STA did NOT make it to States, why didn't 7A North take advantage of the opportunity?

Because in 2017 a team with no secondary managed to get there and got exposed 

2015 Columbia and 2015 Viera were both better teams then bartram trail 

This past year bartram trail team is basically the same one Columbia destroyed in 2015 except that Joey Gatewood was better developed but the rest of team is probably at the same level they were that year

Keep in mind that bartram trail almost blew their game against plant this year when they fumbled the bloody victory formation 

Had the ref (ironic it happened in bartram trail favor in a home game) not blown the whistle early then plant looked ready to take lead on a scoop and score

As for 2013 idk i didn't pay attention to 7a back then because Columbia was in 6a

Because in 2017 a team with no secondary managed to get there and got exposed 

2015 Columbia and 2015 Viera were both better teams then bartram trail 

This past year bartram trail team is basically the same one Columbia destroyed in 2015 except that Joey Gatewood was better developed but the rest of team is probably at the same level they were that year

Keep in mind that bartram trail almost blew their game against plant this year when they fumbled the bloody victory formation 

Had the ref (ironic it happened in bartram trail favor in a home game) not blown the whistle early then plant looked ready to take lead on a scoop and score

As for 2013 idk i didn't pay attention to 7a back then because Columbia was in 6a

So basically all this sums up to:

ex·cuse
verb
3rd person present: excuses
ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

So basically all this sums up to:

ex·cuse
verb
3rd person present: excuses
ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

What am i making a excuse about? 

Do I need to pull that damn plant vs bartram trail game and let you see how bartram was lucky to escape the 3rd best team in 7a region 2 at home to make the title game?

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What am i making a excuse about? 

Do I need to pull that damn plant vs bartram trail game and let you see how bartram was lucky to escape the 3rd best team in 7a region 2 at home to make the title game?

And if there are 3-4 teams in 7A North that are possibly about the same as Bartram Trail what makes you think those teams also would not have lost by double digits to Venice?

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

And if there are 3-4 teams in 7A North that are possibly about the same as Bartram Trail what makes you think those teams also would not have lost by double digits to Venice?

Because if i recall correctly the biggest weapon Venice had was a qb to wr combo

Bartram weak secondary is main reason i told anyone who would ask me that Venice would have no problem beating bartram trail 

Matchups! Matchups!  Matchups! 

A team with a better secondary (or defense in general) would have made the game with Venice closer than bartram trail did

So you think Venice could put their team last year against sta every year and compete? 

No.  Venice got beat down the previous year against a better STA team, they were at Home, hungry and got by a significantly down STA team who had a LB playing QB for that game.   You know that is the case.  Don't start making excuses now for 7A North towards competing with another program.  At least stay on point.  

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because if i recall correctly the biggest weapon Venice had was a qb to wr combo

Bartram weak secondary is main reason i told anyone who would ask me that Venice would have no problem beating bartram trail 

Matchups! Matchups!  Matchups! 

A team with a better secondary (or defense in general) would have made the game with Venice closer than bartram trail did

Wrong and way off.  You obviously did not watch the game or were making reclassification proposals on that day or something.

Venice mixed  it up but for the most part they beat down BT at the LOS.  The Venice QB alone rushed well over 200 yards on  at least 40 carries for that game.

Bartram Trail's secondary is not the reason they lost that game.  BT did show signs of life late but Venice was the better team that important day.

32 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Why not?

So BTW's run and dominance they had a few years back surely is not as dominant as STA in recent years.  Okay...We'll just make pretend that it never happened and that 4A team did beat STA in 2016 when STA beat the piss out of 7A North Plant while BTW did not ever reach 4A  states that year.  But the problem is surely still with STA not moving up - Not 7A North.  Surely no agenda here.

File:Kermit-The-Frog-Tea-Meme-02.jpg 

Because if I wanted to talk about a specific team, I would have created a post to do so.  The title of the post wasn't "Why is STA Dominating?"  The purpose of the post was to share information related to broad performance trends and to possibly generate discussion about these trends.   Heaven forbid,  I used STA as an example in one of my comments and the race was on. 

Please respect the work I did putting together the facts for this post and create your own post if you desire an exhaustive discussion about St Thomas Aquinas.   

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Because if I wanted to talk about a specific team, I would have created a post to do so.  The title of the post wasn't "Why is STA Dominating?"  The purpose of the post was to share information related to broad performance trends and to possibly generate discussion about these trends.   Heaven forbid,  I used STA as an example in one of my comments and the race was on. 

Please respect the work I did putting together the facts for this post and create your own post if you desire an exhaustive discussion about St Thomas Aquinas.   

But you always  prefer to use STA for many examples  Transfers is one when there are plenty of other schools like Chaminade-Madonna, AHP, DFB and more getting more and perhaps more talented transfers then STA.

Have you ever researched Armwood's dominance in 6A North?  

Appreciate the work you do but sometimes your posts reflect what appear to be ulterior motives or agendas.  

I'm just sometimes a blunt person I guess.

37 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

No.  Venice got beat down the previous year against a better STA team, they were at Home, hungry and got by a significantly down STA team who had a LB playing QB for that game.   You know that is the case.  Don't start making excuses now for 7A North towards competing with another program.  At least stay on point.  

Wasn't 2013 also down for sta? 

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

It was ...but then again such 800 pound gorillas do not have down years, right?

False and not where i was going 

Point is you use sta losing in 2013 and 2017 to say sta can lose to 7a teams when in reality they only lose to 7a teams in down years, is this info so far correct or at least reasonable? 

So is it that sta losing in down years showing that teams can compete with them MOST years? 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

False and not where i was going 

Point is you use sta losing in 2013 and 2017 to say sta can lose to 7a teams when in reality they only lose to 7a teams in down years, is this info so far correct or at least reasonable? 

So is it that sta losing in down years showing that teams can compete with them MOST years? 

There are local teams (even 4A) defeating STA in their strong years as well.  Do you recall in 2016 BTW the 4A team that did not make it to 4A states defeated STA?  How about 1st round type 8A teams ?

Did you forget all that?

• 2 weeks later...

Just take 5A and above, do away with districts and just place them in Regions… If you are using a point system you don’t need districts whatsoever… As it is now the point system says only the top 8 teams from each district will go into the playoffs so what us the point of having districts? It doesn’t make sense having districts and let’s look at the NHL the only other sport so far that uses a point system, they use a Regional setup  and it works… Last what’s the deal with the points itself… If you win give the team 2 points, if you use give the team 1 point… Then at the end of the season give the allotted bonus points to teams that played a better schedule… No sense in this current system as of now…