Venice John Peacock

DisabledAccount

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

because what he did wasn't something that deserved to be fired.  However it is a supplemental position and if the Principal doesn't like you they can fire you for no reason

Y'all don't understand that was racist tho smh like I said y'all will NEVER understand 

37 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Y'all don't understand that was racist tho smh like I said y'all will NEVER understand 

Flo..I say this with the utmost respect.  You are right.  Nobody will ever completely understand the way you personally experience the world, because nobody can crawl inside your brain.  

Likewise, without intimate knowledge, none of us can completely understand the intentions of another.  By claiming we do without such knowledge, we are acting in a prejudicial manner.   "prejudice"=preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

I DO understand in a first-hand way what it is like to have a career ruined because of the prejudicial thoughts of others.  It's one thing to punish me, but my family was impacted in ways the "persecutors" probably never imagined.  As evil as they acted, I find it hard to believe they would have been happy to see my family suffer in the way that it did.  But am sure they were not thinking of them at the time.

We all need to keep in mind that behind every man who gets fired is a bunch of people who probably rely on his ability to earn a living.  Are we that certain that a man's actions are so heinous that an entire family should suffer?  IMO, we fire people too easily, just as we put people in jail too easily.   Reminds me of some words in a famous book, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

18 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Flo..I say this with the utmost respect.  You are right.  Nobody will ever completely understand the way you personally experience the world, because nobody can crawl inside your brain.  

Likewise, without intimate knowledge, none of us can completely understand the intentions of another.  By claiming we do without such knowledge, we are acting in a prejudicial manner.   "prejudice"=preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

I DO understand in a first-hand way what it is like to have a career ruined because of the prejudicial thoughts of others.  It's one thing to punish me, but my family was impacted in ways the "persecutors" probably never imagined.  As evil as they acted, I find it hard to believe they would have been happy to see my family suffer in the way that it did.  But am sure they were not thinking of them at the time.

We all need to keep in mind that behind every man who gets fired is a bunch of people who probably rely on his ability to earn a living.  Are we that certain that a man's actions are so heinous that an entire family should suffer?  IMO, we fire people too easily, just as we put people in jail too easily.   Reminds me of some words in a famous book, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

He should have never liked it on Twitter he just showed his true colors 

2 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Both u will also not understand 

I think in todays society people jump to conclusions and accuse people of being racist immediately without truly knowing what racist really is

A lot of this stuff that people say is racist now would not have been considered so 20 or 30 years ago because any comment could be turned around to be racist these days 

Not saying what he did was ok or that the comment he liked wasn't racist 

I'm just saying that i don't find liking a tweet proves he's racist 

Now if this is one of a recurring theme and other stuff has came out suggesting that he is racist it's a different story but just liking a tweet don't make him racist 

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

or does him not knowing it had any chance of being racist just make him someone who was laughing at a rival coach who he probably can't stand

Honestly he's a idiot for getting dragged into it

Coaches should not be engaging in Twitter banter with opponents so the smart thing would have been to completely ignore it

But unless there is more to this than just liking a tweet then idk how someone could consider him racist

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think in todays society people jump to conclusions and accuse people of being racist immediately without truly knowing what racist really is

Nah... people know what being racist is... they just hide it behind innuendo's and I didn't knows.

as for Peacock... I think he was ignorant not racist... I think those 2 guys hate each other with a passion and it has nothing to do with Race... Peacock probably didnt even know the dude was mixed (if he did he really f'd up and might be racist)... Once he slipped like he did Bradley pounced on the shot to make him look like a racist idiot fool and it worked. 

1 hour ago, peezy28 said:

Nah... people know what being racist is... they just hide it behind innuendo's and I didn't knows.

as for Peacock... I think he was ignorant not racist... I think those 2 guys hate each other with a passion and it has nothing to do with Race... Peacock probably didnt even know the dude was mixed (if he did he really f'd up and might be racist)... Once he slipped like he did Bradley pounced on the shot to make him look like a racist idiot fool and it worked. 

So me not knowing what he said was racist is me just pretending I didn't know?  I honestly still don't get it and I'm not trying to be funny so call me ignorant.  I can't make fun of a persons skin if they aren't white?

btw I don't think my first comment came out like I meant it.  

I think I should have said this

I think in todays society people jump to conclusions and accuse people of being racist immediately without truly knowing what the person was really thinking and if they were being racist.  Ex. I use to call my players boy and had no idea of any racism involved in it.  

9 minutes ago, badbird said:

btw I don't think my first comment came out like I meant it.  

I think I should have said this

I think in todays society people jump to conclusions and accuse people of being racist immediately without truly knowing what the person was really thinking and if they were being racist.  Ex. I use to call my players boy and had no idea of any racism involved in it.  

I agree and that's a consequence of this generation, people jump to wrong conclusions without knowing the entire truth 

I don't think peacock thought about the potential racism in the post when he liked the tweet 

He probably liked it simply because it made fun of a rival and it got blown out of proportion

Btw i have no respect for anyone who is racist so just putting that out there 

2 hours ago, badbird said:

you are judging him.  I read the post and would have had no idea it could have been racist.  Sorry but I disagree

It was a bottle of cocoa butter lotion a product used heavily by blacks and of course you don't agree most y'all aren't aware of how racist y'all are but I'm aware I have a parent whose from a country that fought off racism and shit like that don't go on there, I was raised in a family that is VERY aware of racism and at the end of the day whites will have the final say so in this country 

It's ironic that Venice's mascot is the "Indians."  The action by the fan below is a lot more powerful statement than liking a tweet.  By having a mascot called the "Indians," a school invites this type of thing.  Would Venice High or Vero expel a kid for coming to their game like this?   

Is it any wonder people struggle with drawing a line between what is/is not offensive?  Bottom line, stuff like that in the picture reinforces stereotypes, sometimes subconsciously.  Studies have shown it.  Firing a guy who allegedly demonstrated insensitivity to another man's skin color..and your mascot reinforces a stereotype based on skin color?  ...hmmm

image-20160912-19262-1s477cj.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=237&fit=clip

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

A lot of this stuff that people say is racist now would not have been considered so 20 or 30 years ago because any comment could be turned around to be racist these days 

Not saying what he did was ok or that the comment he liked wasn't racist 

I'm just saying that i don't find liking a tweet proves he's racist 

Now if this is one of a recurring theme and other stuff has came out suggesting that he is racist it's a different story but just liking a tweet don't make him racist 

With everything that's going on now I'm very suspect about people being racist I live in town full of racism 

30 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

It was a bottle of cocoa butter lotion a product used heavily by blacks and of course you don't agree most y'all aren't aware of how racist y'all are but I'm aware I have a parent whose from a country that fought off racism and shit like that don't go on there, I was raised in a family that is VERY aware of racism and at the end of the day whites will have the final say so in this country 

just because you say something that one might perceive racist doesn't mean you are a racist.