Venice John Peacock

DisabledAccount

16 hours ago, badbird said:

So me not knowing what he said was racist is me just pretending I didn't know?  I honestly still don't get it and I'm not trying to be funny so call me ignorant.  I can't make fun of a persons skin if they aren't white?

Nah, I wasn't referring to you my man.  I am just saying that people know what racism is whether they ignore it or not.  Put it this way you did not think what Peacock insinuated was racist.  That is okay, everyone does not know what makes another man tick.  You can talk about skin tone we joke about that stuff all the time... This one was a gray area but since we all know how Peacock feels about Bradley the mere liking of a tweet intensifies his intent.

But I am sure you can identify racism... for instance if the player called Bradley a sand monkey or a mix between planet of the apes and the muslim brotherhood having a baby I am sure you would not be like "I don't think that is racist" LOL.

My ignorant to the fact was meant for Peacock... 1st off he knew better than to co-sign anything one of his players says on social media about a rival coach... That part is unprofessional and bad for business and makes it look like its something that is said and discussed in your locker room among you and the players... Same thing with having a coaches wife talking about another team exploiting black players... Do we really think she made that up on her own?  Nope she heard it from someone or a discussion.

So he was ignorant to the fact that he was insulting Bradley and being highly unprofessional by co-signing on his player tweet.  

15 hours ago, Floridatech said:

It was a bottle of cocoa butter lotion a product used heavily by blacks and of course you don't agree most y'all aren't aware of how racist y'all are but I'm aware I have a parent whose from a country that fought off racism and shit like that don't go on there, I was raised in a family that is VERY aware of racism and at the end of the day whites will have the final say so in this country 

What country?  Also if the kid used a bottle of cocoa butter lotion... Something tells me he knew exactly what he was insinuating... Now Peacock may not have know he could have just liked it trying to make fun of a rival thinking it was funny... Which was dumb as sh*t to do to begin with.

Also man, Honestly a lot of white people even the ones that have daily interactions with blacks and other minorities wouldn't understand things like Cocoa butter etc and other black family traditions... Just like we won't understand having raisins in your potato salad and an Barbecue (not a cookout lol) where everyone eats inside.  I don't fault them or call them racist for lack of knowing unless they have proven me to have ill intent. 

Just now, badbird said:

I think his dislike for Bradley clouded his judgement in liking a post.  I'm sure behind closed doors and in the Venice Program they make fun of Braden River all the time.  It's an intense rivalry that just got extreme.  I might have to make it down there for that game this year.

Yup agree... this is the equivalent of thinking with your little head LMAO... 

I think I am going to catch that game as well.

19 minutes ago, badbird said:

I think his dislike for Bradley clouded his judgement in liking a post.  I'm sure behind closed doors and in the Venice Program they make fun of Braden River all the time.  It's an intense rivalry that just got extreme.  I might have to make it down there for that game this year.

You mean catch the brawl that is likely gonna happen lol

Anyone in this world who gets upset at what people say about them is set up for a life of resentment.  It's my choice whether I let what you say upset me.  

It's a different story when one is subjected to action as a result of who you are, ie beatings, not hiring someone, not renting someone an apartment.  These are things potentially outside my control.  

..some food for thought.  Any member of our Armed Forces who has seen action knows first hand about racism.  The insults they sustained were in the form of bullets and artillery shells, not petty words.  When you have lived such an experience, you don't sweat the little stuff. 

2 hours ago, badbird said:

It was self tanning sun tan lotion not cocoa butter but I wouldn't have none cocoa butter meant anything bad

I wouldn't say it meant something bad... but depending on what you do with that quote, tweet inference you could use it and make it sound bad. 

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Anyone in this world who gets upset at what people say about them is set up for a life of resentment.  It's my choice whether I let what you say upset me.  

It's a different story when one is subjected to action as a result of who you are, ie beatings, not hiring someone, not renting someone an apartment.  These are things potentially outside my control.  

..some food for thought.  Any member of our Armed Forces who has seen action knows first hand about racism.  The insults they sustained were in the form of bullets and artillery shells, not petty words.  When you have lived such an experience, you don't sweat the little stuff. 

Words are wind true... but for you to basically say they hold now power or meaning, means I am going to have to chalk this up as you don't get it... its okay its not meant for you too and probably something better left not explained on a message board.  If you want to dialogue that in person show up to the finals and sit with me, Darter, Dan and crew and we can try to dialogue what we really mean about all of this. 

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You mean catch the brawl that is likely gonna happen lol

It's going to be a WWE type smack down! I went to that game a couple years ago. Had a good time and the rivalry was pretty intense. But all, in all, the game was no more dirty than many I have seen in Central Florida. Bet that changes this year! 

8 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Lion, it depends on which  people. If it's someone I know well, love or respect and they say very negative things they have the capacity to hurt me for  I care what they think. If it's someone I don't know or just casually know, I really couldn't care less. 

There will be extra police presence and cameras at this game no doubts.

They will shake hands but might not like it. Too many cameras around and people watching for them not to play nice in public. As for the kids, they might take some 15 yard penalties but as for a brawl  I'm thinking they will keep it together. Neither team will want to lose players for the season.  

20 hours ago, peezy28 said:

What country?  Also if the kid used a bottle of cocoa butter lotion... Something tells me he knew exactly what he was insinuating... Now Peacock may not have know he could have just liked it trying to make fun of a rival thinking it was funny... Which was dumb as sh*t to do to begin with.

Also man, Honestly a lot of white people even the ones that have daily interactions with blacks and other minorities wouldn't understand things like Cocoa butter etc and other black family traditions... Just like we won't understand having raisins in your potato salad and an Barbecue (not a cookout lol) where everyone eats inside.  I don't fault them or call them racist for lack of knowing unless they have proven me to have ill intent. 

Bruh don't sleep on them people and I'm pretty sure they know dam well about Cocoa butter that's the problem with black Americans they have an excuse and can be blind about racism that's why y'all slaves till next year my Haitian people are woke af that's why we've been free since 1804 

Some of them don't know what we do but it's not their culture anyways and those people don't have much of a culture 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So why did no one say the player is racist for posting it but the coach is racist for liking the post? :rolleyes:

Maybe because the player is a kid and the coach is an adult. Maybe also because Peacock has his detractors and the issue would be an opportunity to trash him. I could think of a handful of other reasons ... 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Maybe because the player is a kid and the coach is an adult. Maybe also because Peacock has his detractors and the issue would be an opportunity to trash him. I could think of a handful of other reasons ... 

That's probably the most likely situation 

A lot of  people would have no problem attacking a kid (if they are successful)

Sad thing in today's society is a lot of people would rather tear others down then actually work to be good themselves 

31 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's probably the most likely situation 

A lot of  people would have no problem attacking a kid (if they are successful)

Sad thing in today's society is a lot of people would rather tear others down then actually work to be good themselves 

It's called the easy way out. To be good takes a lot of work for most people. To thrash others only takes a mouth or a keyboard!

4 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Bruh don't sleep on them people and I'm pretty sure they know dam well about Cocoa butter that's the problem with black Americans they have an excuse and can be blind about racism that's why y'all slaves till next year my Haitian people are woke af that's why we've been free since 1804 

Some of them don't know what we do but it's not their culture anyways and those people don't have much of a culture 

Nah Zo, I don't put anything past them but I am a good judge of character on these topics.  I am not laying judgement negative or positive on Peacock there are plenty of facts on the positive and negative about his character so it all speaks for himself.  

Honestly I am with Columbia that the kids post gave me the side eye more so followed by the liking it