5a south/AHP/Hardee

BrowardHandicapper

Just now, Zoe Boy said:

I was just about to mention that.

These are the kind of things that somehow go unnoticed though when it works the other way around.....That and the fact that the Immokalee roster and coaches appears to be 50% Hispanic.  God forbid OldSchoolLion sees a successful team with a team photo like this:

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/12127/Boys-Varsity-Football/team

Again it is not supposed to work like this but welcome to 2018.

10 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Can you explain why and how  Immokalee's best player in RB Abraham Alce with multiple Power Five offers transferred from AHP to Immokalee for his Senior year?

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3490471/Abraham-Alce

It sounds like they are trying to build a All-Star team out there.  How can he go to a random public school like that?

I thought this was supposed to work the other way around.  Oh, wait a minute this is a small example of how a rural public school benefited from the new rule chage - Or is it not? 

I guess the backfield at AHP was stack ....

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

These are the kind of things that somehow go unnoticed though when it works the other way around.....That and the fact that the Immokalee roster and coaches appears to be 50% Hispanic.  God forbid OldSchoolLion sees a successful team with a team photo like this:

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/12127/Boys-Varsity-Football/team

Again it is not supposed to work like this but welcome to 2018.

I wonder where immokalee pulling there talent from and they stay consistent with having a successful program

Just now, Zoe Boy said:

Cause maybe transfers wasn’t illegal?

I'll start with the most high profile one recently 

Trenton

What made this against the rules?  Well if my memory serves me correctly the proof was there about communication between people at Trenton and a potential transfer through text messages 

What's different in metros?

Well for starters several metros in south Florida have all star 7v7 teams so they are able to communicate and indirectly recruit without it being caught by the fhsaa because communication is face to face 

That's a advantage on metros,  easier access to players and easier to transfer

Plus during these 7v7 events and other camps in these metros the players will indirectly tell other players

"hey man,  come join us we can go dominate because so and so also coming and we can rule this state"

What's fhsaa gonna do?  Start recording field conversation?  They can only bust teams for recruiting if they have text messages or something like that 

They can't do anything about face to face because it's basically impossible to stop it or prove it was said after the fact 

Stuff like that happening in metros for a while

You think it some accident that all studs in duval's west side started ending up at Ed White in early 2010s or Lee recently? 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Trenton

What made this against the rules?  Well if my memory serves me correctly the proof was there about communication between people at Trenton and a potential transfer through text messages 

Well for starters several metros in south Florida have all star 7v7 teams so they are able to communicate and indirectly recruit without it being caught by the fhsaa because communication is face to face 

So your beef is with players recruiting other players?

Just now, Zoe Boy said:

So your beef is with players recruiting other players?

Honestly no because it's just a byproduct of easy access to players on other teams

I'm only saying that this stuff been happening for a while and people need to realize this was happening long before these new rules

What i am saying is these new rules is helping rural schools since they now aren't handicapped as deeply as they were when transfers clearly favored metro areas

Now by definition if they wanted to all the top players in columbia, Suwannee, Hamilton and Baker County could all choose to go to Columbia 

On old rules it would have taken a ton of logistics and moving for that to work but duval kids could switch like snapping a finger 

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Trenton

Surely, there are no high profile 7 V 7 tourneys outside of SFL and if there were they surely would not say anything beyond "Good game" to one another.....

In SFL they set up air conditioned  lounges with champagne rooms at the 7 v 7s so the kids have a nice environment to discuss business ;)

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Can you explain why and how  Immokalee's best player in RB Abraham Alce with multiple Power Five offers transferred from AHP to Immokalee for his Senior year?

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3490471/Abraham-Alce

It sounds like they are trying to build a All-Star team out there.  How can he go to a random public school like that?

I thought this was supposed to work the other way around.  Oh, wait a minute this is a small example of how a rural public school benefited from the new rule chage - Or is it not? 

Looks like guy liked moving around a lot, played at Dunbar his sophomore year, AHP as a Jr, then Immokalee as a senior.

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And you act like this wasn't already happening 

Duval

Hillsborough 

Miami Dade 

Broward 

Palm Beach 

Orange 

Brevard

Leon

Hell even alachua

All these counties have had this happen where all the talent would pile up at a few schools, this was out of control before with the old rules but now it is under rules where a small county could pull talent from outside the county to build up rosters to compete

No I don't . I remember when FHSAA came down on Armwood in 2011 and all the finger pointing at Lakeland 2004-2005 era.

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

But can you explain or any theory why he may move around like that from different counties/regions of FL?

Grass is always greener on the side?

I personally have not driven down to Immokalee in years. It use to be a little town out in the middle of nowhere. But it is in Collier county, not Hendry or Glades.  I have been told that there has been a lot of development down US41 and I town is no longer isolated like it was back in the day.  Way back the town was known for high crime, Florida's version of Deadwood.

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Surely, there are no high profile 7 V 7 tourneys outside of SFL and if there were they surely would not say anything beyond "Good game" to one another.....

In SFL they set up air conditioned  lounges with champagne rooms at the 7 v 7s so the kids have a nice environment to discuss business ;)

The difference is most 7v7 in North Florida are team 7v7

I'm not aware of any all star travel team in North Florida like that one down in SFL 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm not aware of any all star travel team in North Florida like that one down in SFL 

The winter/spring 7 v 7 are private travel teams that play throughout FL and nationwide in some cases.  Summer 7 v 7 are HS teams.

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Cause come summer every player goes back to there HS 7 on 7 teams

14 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly no because it's just a byproduct of easy access to players on other teams

I'm only saying that this stuff been happening for a while and people need to realize this was happening long before these new rules

What i am saying is these new rules is helping rural schools since they now aren't handicapped as deeply as they were when transfers clearly favored metro areas

Now by definition if they wanted to all the top players in columbia, Suwannee, Hamilton and Baker County could all choose to go to Columbia 

On old rules it would have taken a ton of logistics and moving for that to work but duval kids could switch like snapping a finger 

So since you say that I only know 2 position coaches that coach in 7 on 7 ... There is probably more but the 2 I know is one coach for south fla express and coach for AHP and the other one coaches at strong arm and he coaches at Carol City.. Let’s start with AHP coach.. His SFE roster had no AHP players on the squad from what I saw but there were AHP players on other 7 on 7 teams... His team had players from Carol City , Central, Chaminade, a ton of STA players , University School, Miramar, Cardinal Gibbons, South Dade , Southridge, N Booker T... It is ran by coach Bret Goetz which his son played at Central last year n Flannigan previously.. So these players schools I just mentioned, by your logic they should be going to AHP come the beginning of the new season right? This teams mainly has the top rated players from down here.. Florida Fire and Strong Arm too..

1 hour ago, Floridatech said:

Man they were still talented bro just the coaching didn't catch up

Yes they were still talented.. That 2013 wasn’t even suppose to be there 1st championship with the best player in Broward County that year but made Clay county look like a lil league school... All the guys see is championship games blowouts but during the playoffs they having close games n nail biters...

26 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yes they were still talented.. That 2013 wasn’t even suppose to be there 1st championship with the best player in Broward County that year but made Clay county look like a lil league school... All the guys see is championship games blowouts but during the playoffs they having close games n nail biters...

That’s why I didn’t feel sorry for Baker County or Clay that year or who ever.. It’s like they made it to the championship game and was scared especially running that throwback offense they were running... I knew they were done... With that big ass oline Baker County had they were suppose to bully AHP dline...

18 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Pro Impact is a 7v7 team based out of Jax coached by a TCA coach and most of the players on that team comes from central Fla. Volusia,Brevard, Orange and so on