Oscar Smith vs Florida's Random Top 50 Teams

Floridatech

This is something I've been thinking about for awhile now because this team is always ranked high in the state and make the title game almost every year.

They have a 1-2 record against Florida some I'm like hmmmm I wonder how would they do against Florida's Top 50 teams...???

Here is a list of some top 50 FL teams: (That I think could take out OS)

South Dade 

Viera( scored more points than Oscar Smith did against Vero) 

Dwyer

Miramar 

Pahokee 

Palm Bay 

Palm Beach Central 2017

I mean think about it, if Florida can send the worst playoff team to Virginia and they beat their best playoff team, then that means that Florida hs Football is on another level OR Oscar Smith could be overrated

59 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

This is something I've been thinking about for awhile now because this team is always ranked high in the state and make the title game almost every year.

They have a 1-2 record against Florida some I'm like hmmmm I wonder how would they do against Florida's Top 50 teams...???

South Dade 

Dwyer

Miramar 

Pahokee 

Palm Bay 

Palm Beach Central 2017

I mean think about it, if Florida can send the worst playoff team to Virginia and they beat their best playoff team, then that means that Florida hs Football is on another level OR Oscar Smith could be overrated

Easily 

Florida is on a completely different level than most states 

The only state that compares to FL in depth is Texas  and no one compares in talent

3 hours ago, Floridatech said:

South Dade 

Dwyer

Miramar 

Pahokee 

Palm Bay 

Palm Beach Central 2017

The season Cocoa destroyed Western Branch Va in 2015 Oscar Smith barely beat them 23-21

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They may have been overrated last year. But in general, Oscar Smith is a good program. I think Vero should be proud they went to their place and beat them. I am glad Vero's brain trust was up to the challenge. 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They may have been overrated last year. But in general, Oscar Smith is a good program. I think Vero should be proud they went to their place and beat them. I am glad Vero's brain trust was up to the challenge. 

It was timing Oscar Smith lost their coach and starting quarterback they had to make their CB the QB 

7 hours ago, Floridatech said:

South Dade 

Dwyer

Miramar 

Pahokee 

Palm Bay 

Palm Beach Central 2017

Ok what exactly went into you choosing these teams

So Viera or Palm Bay could beat them

What about a team like Lakeland or Miami Northwestern or Miami Central or Armwood 

What was your criteria for choosing teams here?

58 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ok what exactly went into you choosing these teams

So Viera or Palm Bay could beat them

What about a team like Lakeland or Miami Northwestern or Miami Central or Armwood 

What was your criteria for choosing teams here?

Y'all need to read carefully I said RANDOM TOP 50 teams

On 6/11/2018 at 12:11 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Easily 

Florida is on a completely different level than most states 

The only state that compares to FL in depth is Texas  and no one compares in talent

but lots compare with coaching.  Florida coaching is not great.  We just aren't able to put together quality staffs with the poor pay 

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

but lots compare with coaching.  Florida coaching is not great.  We just aren't able to put together quality staffs with the poor pay 

Which is the main downfall in most oos games involving Florida 

At least the ones that aren't clearly just games scheduled for another state to grab a easy win

On 6/11/2018 at 11:10 AM, Floridatech said:

South Dade 

Dwyer

Miramar 

Pahokee 

Palm Bay 

Palm Beach Central 2017

...out of curiosity, looked up the following...

Oscar Smith is 1-6 vs OOS over the past 10 years, and most of those games were not particularly close.  

The metro area where Oscar Smith resides(VA Beach-Norfolk-Newport News) has more people than Jacksonville.  Not too far north is DC, and we know the quality of teams and talent that comes out of there.  So, there is a lot of talent in that area.     

2009 - Venice (FL) 27-13 Win (Venice beat 5A finalist Manatee during the regular season)

2010 -Pickerington Central (OH) 36-20 Loss

2011- Gilman (MD) 51-27 Loss

2012-Byrnes (SC) 42-21  Loss

2014-Booker T (FL) 57-21 Loss

2016-Dematha (MD) 42-7 Loss

2017-Vero Beach (FL) 28-21 Loss

8 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...out of curiosity, looked up the following...

Oscar Smith is 1-6 vs OOS over the past 10 years, and most of those games were not particularly close.  

The metro area where Oscar Smith resides(VA Beach-Norfolk-Newport News) has more people than Jacksonville.  Not too far north is DC, and we know the quality of teams and talent that comes out of there.  So, there is a lot of talent in that area.     

2009 - Venice (FL) 27-13 Win (Venice beat 5A finalist Manatee during the regular season)

2010 -Pickerington Central (OH) 36-20 Loss

2011- Gilman (MD) 51-27 Loss

2012-Byrnes (SC) 42-21  Loss

2014-Booker T (FL) 57-21 Loss

2016-Dematha (MD) 42-7 Loss

2017-Vero Beach (FL) 28-21 Loss

But Venice was a first round loser that year your point is 

2 hours ago, Floridatech said:

But Venice was a first round loser that year your point is 

..just to show Venice had a reasonable level of talent that year, Flo.  If one assumes Venice was a #25-#50 team in FL that year, that is the only example we have of OS beating a FL team ranked in that range, at least in recent history.  So, one might say OS beat a "good"(not great) Fl team that year.

If OS was in FL, they would be in 7A.  I would see them putting up winning seasons year-to-year, but also struggling to make it deep in the playoffs versus teams like Plant, Lakeland, Venice, STA, etc 

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

..just to show Venice had a reasonable level of talent that year, Flo.  If one assumes Venice was a #25-#50 team in FL that year, that is the only example we have of OS beating a FL team ranked in that range, at least in recent history.  So, one might say OS beat a "good"(not great) Fl team that year.

If OS was in FL, they would be in 7A.  I would see them putting up winning seasons year-to-year, but also struggling to make it deep in the playoffs versus teams like Plant, Lakeland, Venice, STA, etc 

That's what I'm saying last year if OS was in Florida they would NOT have been state finalists 

1 minute ago, Floridatech said:

That's what I'm saying last year if OS was in Florida they would NOT have been state finalists 

The population of Virginia is crammed into relatively small geographical areas in the north and east.  The bulk of the state is very rural.  Go outside those pockets of population, and the quality of football is pretty dismal.  In that sense, as a whole, FL is on a completely different level.  Each year there are a handful of teams in Virginia that might be good enough to compete with teams amongst Florida's top 50.  

That said, there is a lot of talent in the Virginia Beach metro area.  If you could put together an all-star team from that area, it would be quite impressive.         

34 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

The population of Virginia is crammed into relatively small geographical areas in the north and east.  The bulk of the state is very rural.  Go outside those pockets of population, and the quality of football is pretty dismal.  In that sense, as a whole, FL is on a completely different level.  Each year there are a handful of teams in Virginia that might be good enough to compete with teams amongst Florida's top 50.  

That said, there is a lot of talent in the Virginia Beach metro area.  If you could put together an all-star team from that area, it would be quite impressive.         

Yea their state is watered down but I compare Oscar Smith to Dwyer alot both teams have played Vero but both teams can be overrated sometimes 

Just now, Floridatech said:

Yea their state is watered down but I compare Oscar Smith to Dwyer alot both teams have played Vero but both teams can be overrated sometimes 

Back in 08, Oscar Smith went undefeated and got some national attention.  I am not sure why, other than their record.  It doesn't appear they had played any big name teams in the years prior.  And since, they have struggled against OOS competition.  So, they may have never deserved to be ranked so highly...shortcomings of these national polls.  I do think they are a solid program and Vero should be proud to have gone up there and beat them.      

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Back in 08, Oscar Smith went undefeated and got some national attention.  I am not sure why, other than their record.  It doesn't appear they had played any big name teams in the years prior.  And since, they have struggled against OOS competition.  So, they may have never deserved to be ranked so highly...shortcomings of these national polls.  I do think they are a solid program and Vero should be proud to have gone up there and beat them.      

It was a good win but it's funny how teams like Palm Beach Gardens or Santaluces have one closer to beating Vero in the regular season than Oscar did last year 

4 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

All of this about them may b true but that home entrance in that cage that went viral a long time ago is still the most intimidating high school home game entrance I ever seen

Cage entrance? 

You by any chance got that video lying around this has me very curious