IMG Getting Even More Scary

Proseteye

4 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

I honestly don't get why y'all care... They don't play your team nor many FHSAA schools.  They are playing 2 count them 2 schools from Miami who see playing IMG as a badge of honor... They don't care how they recruit they want to play them for the slim chance at knocking them off and being the man.

So again why do you all care about IMG?  We cannot even say they have an obnoxious fan base as they HAVE NO FAN BASE!

This is soooooooo 100!!!!!! Lmao my god I don’t understand it... Idk about other places but in Dade we have that mentality that we don’t care how good you are you got to prove it on the field.. That’s how these jits are being bred down here.. It’s just so funny..

25 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

I honestly don't get why y'all care... They don't play your team nor many FHSAA schools.  They are playing 2 count them 2 schools from Miami who see playing IMG as a badge of honor... They don't care how they recruit they want to play them for the slim chance at knocking them off and being the man.

So again why do you all care about IMG?  We cannot even say they have an obnoxious fan base as they HAVE NO FAN BASE!

Because img takes away the spotlight from other FL schools 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What it does is takes away from earning a state championship as now no longer good enough.  Gotta be a "national champion" now. So an athlete setting records at a regular school is no longer worthy of a college scholarship because he wasn't good enough to play for a "national power".   Now all the IMG wannabees gotta get on board with the same model so they can be a "national power" too.

5 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

What it does is takes away from earning a state championship as now no longer good enough.  Gotta be a "national champion" now. So an athlete setting records at a regular school is no longer worthy of a college scholarship because he wasn't good enough to play for a "national power".   Now all the IMG wannabees gotta get on board with the same model so they can be a "national power" too.

What? Quote me if I’m wrong but before IMG became IMG you had coaches and teams been talking about National Championships... That’s why they were scheduling out of state games right? Or I’m wrong...

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Only if you visit national message boards... NO one else give a F about them..  The bradenton herald rarely even sends anyone to their games... Sure the 247s and rivals of the world fawn over them but those are both crooked subscription organizations. 

6 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Disagree... College coaches care non about being a National power in high school.  They study film and if a player is good enough and has the proper promotion (coaches still have to promote their kids and get them in the faces of said colleges) they will get a scholarship.

Now for the kids the mindset might be changing they may want to be at IMG because they feel the cool thing is to play for a national power but what is like .00005% of kids who can actually go play there on the grand scheme of things. 

IMG is not as big an issue as you all make them out to be. 

4 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

No they dont

So you saying that people don't sit there and look at IMG and say 

"they only elite team FL got"

IMG has made it impossible for any other team to be considered the best in FL because even if someone wins a state title they won't be considered as good as IMG

9 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

What? Quote me if I’m wrong but before IMG became IMG you had coaches and teams been talking about National Championships... That’s why they were scheduling out of state games right? Or I’m wrong...

Only a few programs ever talked about a national championship 

Most had the main goal of winning state and if a high national ranking came with it then it's just a added bonus 

13 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Not really.  Out-of-state games really are kinda new in the grand scheme of things.  Use to be the only time you heard of out-of-state games it was because both schools were near the state line; like Madison playing Valdosta.  Disney got with a promoter to bring teams to Florida in the late 90's and started out is wasn't some big national match-up game.  Just a chance for kids to do something different. 

3 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Not really.  Out-of-state games really are kinda new in the grand scheme of things.  Use to be the only time you heard of out-of-state games it was because both schools were near the state line; like Madison playing Valdosta.  Disney got with a promoter to bring teams to Florida in the late 90's and started out is wasn't some big national match-up game.  Just a chance for kids to do something different. 

Agree those games are probably more like a last 15 year development. 

11 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Agree those games are probably more like a last 15 year development. 

A lot of it was because Del La Salle in California went 10 years without a loss and ESPN (who is owned by Disney) wanted to get a game with teams from other states to see if anyone could beat them. 

41 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

We used to play valdosta in border war games like a few others up here in north Florida as well

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

So why Dillard don’t have more state championships since “every kid “ that use to Play for Dillard was from that area in Ft lauderdale ?

I never said every kid that went to Dillard was from the area I said back in the day there was more pride and more kids wanted to play for their home school versus now never said the roster was 100 percent neighborhood grown tho.

15 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I never said every kid that went to Dillard was from the area I said back in the day there was more pride and more kids wanted to play for their home school versus now never said the roster was 100 percent neighborhood grown tho.

Ok cool so I want to know those kids that’s not going to Dillard but going to other school like the privates , how many of them are from the Dillard area? I’m saying from what David blvd to what sunrise? Oakland Park? 

Ok so when Lakeland played Da la Selle , when Central played that school in Ohio forgot the name , when NMB played a school in Louisiana , ofcourse you had Da West vs the Texas school or when poly cane down here n beat MNW at Traz , shoot even Dillard went out of state to play a Texas school ...Im saying this was happening before IMG and “National Championships’. It was more about bragging rights about which State is better in football...

5 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Ok cool so I want to know those kids that’s not going to Dillard but going to other school like the privates , how many of them are from the Dillard area? I’m saying from what David blvd to what sunrise? Oakland Park? 

In Between Broward and Davie by 95 is actually all Stranahan.   Contrary to popular belief (for some) , Stranahan is actually more so in STA's backyard - not Dillard like some perceive:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stranahan+High+School/@26.1213032,-80.1679858,14.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe5274072f5d94230!8m2!3d26.1128269!4d-80.1644877

If I am not mistaken Dillard's  zone was more centered around Sunrise, like Broward blvd (west of 95) to 441 (SR7), north up to 19th St and east to like Powerline:

There is no doubt that back in the day Dillard's roster had a lot of neighborhood kids surrounding Dillard HS , but 20+ years later things have changed.  Mighty might be able to confirm this but has the vibe at Dillard shifted to more of a basketball atmosphere in terms of putting on that Panther uniform as a Dillard Panther with pride from the local kids in the neighborhood?

I'm not saying football is still not big in those neighborhoods but it seems football seems to be of less emphasis from the community of late versus basketball?

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

IMG might be scary on Offense, but on the Defensive line this might be their smallest they've had in the last couple years.   The worry for me is the amount of Fl kids on the team now.  They are shifting slowly to getting more and more Fl kids.    

Worried for IMG or teams having to beat them? 

If they getting more FL players i think it would be the latter 

On 6/13/2018 at 3:47 AM, DarterBlue2 said:

IMG's model flies in the face of everything high school football was supposed to be about. It, and some other privates, are contributing to the "collegization" of the high school game. There is something sad about this. 

What "flies in the face of everything high school football was supposed to be about" is approximately a dozen or so public and private HS teams in Florida that load up on transfer recruits every summer. We all know who these schools are. When half of your team is made up of superstars from out of the area, thus putting some of the local players on the bench, your school approaches the same style as that of IMG with the exception that you are still competing against other Florida teams and pretending to be a regular high school . At least IMG does not pretend to be a regular high school. They are a sports academy in the business of producing professional athletes. Since the student athletes are of school age they must provide a high school education on campus. IMG does not force any team, within Florida or out of state,  to play them. Since they are not classified in any district or region and are not in the FHSAA playoff or championship system, they play freelance against teams that are pretty much semi professional in their own right with many transfers and recruits playing for them. I also disagree that they don't have fans. Their stadium is pretty full when they play at home against an out of state power. They also pack every stadium when they travel to play. Just because you and Columbia do not appreciate the IMG football team "for what they are" does not mean that thousands of other folks, both on and off this forum, are not interested in following them. :)

21 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

What "flies in the face of everything high school football was supposed to be about" is approximately a dozen or so public and private HS teams in Florida that load up on transfer recruits every summer. We all know who these schools are. When half of your team is made up of superstars from out of the area, thus putting some of the local players on the bench, your school approaches the same style as that of IMG with the exception that you are still competing against other Florida teams and pretending to be a regular high school . At least IMG does not pretend to be a regular high school. They are a sports academy in the business of producing professional athletes. Since the student athletes are of school age they must provide a high school education on campus. IMG does not force any team, within Florida or out of state,  to play them. Since they are not classified in any district or region and are not in the FHSAA playoff or championship system, they play freelance against teams that are pretty much semi professional in their own right with many transfers and recruits playing for them. I also disagree that they don't have fans. Their stadium is pretty full when they play at home against an out of state power. They also pack every stadium when they travel to play. Just because you and Columbia do not appreciate the IMG football team "for what they are" does not mean that thousands of other folks, both on and off this forum, are not interested in following them. :)

If the state gave us several million dollars on top of already rich donors I'm sure we could build some nice facilities 

IMG is basically like a Texas school when it comes to facilities, they build it because they actually have the money to do so 

But when the state claims there is no money for public schools but is willing to donate millions to IMG then I have a problem 

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/06/18/Facilities/IMG-Academy.aspx

This is why i have a issue with IMG 

They are taking money that should be going to the public schools but what a surprise by the morons running the state 

Rich stay rich and poor stay poor

This is why publics can't compete with privates, THEY ARE BLOODY BROKE 

23 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So you saying that people don't sit there and look at IMG and say 

"they only elite team FL got"

IMG has made it impossible for any other team to be considered the best in FL because even if someone wins a state title they won't be considered as good as IMG

You can’t be serious bruh lol... Have you actually been out the state of Florida when it comes to HSFB? I’m not talking about a national board either...

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

At least IMG does not pretend to be a regular high school. They are a sports academy in the business of producing professional athletes. Since the student athletes are of school age they must provide a high school education on campus. IMG does not force any team, within Florida or out of state,  to play them. Since they are not classified in any district or region and are not in the FHSAA playoff or championship system, they play freelance against teams that are pretty much semi professional in their own right with many transfers and recruits playing for them. I also disagree that they don't have fans.

If IMG were able, they would compete in the FHSAA playoffs for a state title. My take on IMG is, I would never schedule them if I were a public. No need to showcase my talent for them to poach it. If they want to hand out scholarships to elite kids, that is their prerogative. For as long as the parents of the kids paying full cost chose to subsidize this practice, that's fine. What I find particularly galling is what this is doing to the high school game. One reason I have been a fan of high school football is that it was the last bastion of purity, if you will. For certainly the college game was corrupted a long, long time ago. But with recent developments, I may have to start watching Pee Wee football if purity is my overarching concern.