2018 bold predictions

DisabledAccount

What are some bold predictions for the upcoming season of high school football? 

Mine is that for the first time since 2015 Columbia will sweep their district games and will have a average win differential in those 4 district games of 17 points and then will finish as the number 1 seed in 7a North 

2 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Vero beats Venice on the road and goes undefeated, but they lose in the first or second round of the playoffs 

If Vero goes undefeated there a good chance they get number 1 seed and would host every round 

This is bold because you basically saying Vero gonna lose early in playoffs at HOME 

57 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If Vero goes undefeated there a good chance they get number 1 seed and would host every round 

This is bold because you basically saying Vero gonna lose early in playoffs at HOME 

They lost last year and that team is stronger than this one Vero loses at home in the playoffs too 

9 minutes ago, badbird said:

columbiafan comes up with a half way decent high school top 100.

he also does a college top 25 for the whole season because FSU stays ranked all year.

Actually I will only do top 25 this year 

It takes too much time to do top 100 and by end of season I was burnt out on rankings 

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What are some bold predictions for the upcoming season of high school football? 

Mine is that for the first time since 2015 Columbia will sweep their district games and will have a average win differential in those 4 district games of 17 points and then will finish as the number 1 seed in 7a North 

I will give you a team to consider. I am reluctant to make a bold prediction on them, except to say it's very possible they could make a run to the semifinal or even beyond. It is the Boone Braves. Now let's be clear, I am not predicting they will make the semis. What I am saying is, I would not be very surprised if they did based on how they looked in the spring. From 2006 to 2008, Boone make the semis three consecutive years. This year's team has the potential to do the same based on how they looked in their spring game. Last year, they actually came close to taking Wekiva out in the second round, leading late into the second half before losing. I think 2018 Boone is going to be better than 2017 Boone. In any event I expect them to be as good as the teams from 2006-2008.

6 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

Robert E. Lee High Generals. 

2018 District Champs

2018 Region Champs

They better be ready for the fight of their lives,  if they come in and they don't bring their 100% best week 4 they will get beat

Columbia has something to prove and the last time they faced a Columbia team at level of this one we won 53-0

This isn't going to be the mentally broken columbia  of 2016

This team will be one of Columbia's best teams lately 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's pretty bold

What they got coming back? 

http://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20180518/spring-football-bayshore-buries-short-handed-dunedin

I know its only a spring game, but Bayshore looked good.  Most people look at Bayshore as a pushover but from what I saw last year, they aren't that bad.  Lost several games that were really close.  Past experience tells me that the sign of a program headed in the right direction.  

1 minute ago, DB4 said:

STA will not win the state championship and I think they let go of Harriott because of it

I've got a gut feeling that this one happens

Maybe flashback to 2013, Dwyer looking good on paper but if it translates to the field then sta may have a tough test trying to win that region plus people are just assuming sta rebounds but nothing is guaranteed

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Do you have Fort White schedule by any chance? 

According to Maxpreps

@ Suwannee

Providence (Jacksonville)

@ Santa Fe

Taylor County

Bradford County

Williston

@ Union County

Dixie County

@ Newberry

Parker (Jacksonville)

Appears very manageable to me outside of 1-2 tough games.