2018 FL teams to watch

DisabledAccount

12 minutes ago, MinuteMan said:

Hearing good things from several teams here in North Central Florida

Bradford 

Columbia 

Fort White 

Bradford did decent during 7v7 in Lake City but unfortunately i didn't get to see them play us during the event 

They were 2 seed but lost to Buchholz who ran table before losing to us in finals

What does Bradford bring back? 

I would keep my eye on the Celtics of Trinity Catholic. Under former Trenton coach Thomas I think he will take a group of pretty solid players, that did not do well under coach Sturdivant, and mold them into the team they used to be. Once the Celtics start rolling watch out. The KOC against Buchholz will divulge a lot.

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bradford did decent during 7v7 in Lake City but unfortunately i didn't get to see them play us during the event 

They were 2 seed but lost to Buchholz who ran table before losing to us in finals

What does Bradford bring back? 

I expect them to do well in their 2nd year under their new HC. Went 10-2 and made it to the state semi-finals under him in year one, before running into Raines. They looked the part at the 7v7 at CHS. They do have a tougher schedule this year though. 

My eyes are on Fort White though. Always well coached and play good football. With a manageable schedule and multiple transfers coming in, I expect them to make some noise in 3A. 

Didnt see Bradford at the CHS tourney but Ft White played them following week at the 1-4A UF 7v7 tourney and beat them twice. Ft White went 6-2 on the day only loss's coming Chamgnat Catholic 7-6 and some other team who had South Ridge player Marcus Flemming on it so not sure if it was a true HS team or Team made of multiple athletes from other schools but that team won the tourney.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:46 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Any region or classification

Any teams that are worth keeping a eye on? 

Class 8A, Region 1, Orlando area: Wekiva, Apopka, West Orange, Boone, Boone being the live dark horse.

Class 8A, Region 2, Dr. Phillips going for the repeat. 

Class 7A, Region 1, Edgewater should be solid. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Class 8A, Region 1, Orlando area: Wekiva, Apopka, West Orange, Boone, Boone being the live dark horse.

How does edgewater stack up with others in 7a region 1?

22 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How does edgewater stack up with others in 7a region 1?

BTW, I should have included Seminole in 8A, Region 1, in my list. I am still optimistic about their chances.

Regarding Edgewater, the most I can say is that they have some nice looking athletes and the coaching staff seems to know what it's doing. I think they could be anything from a first round playoff team to one that could make the regional final. It may come down to how much improvement they make as the season progresses. 

2 hours ago, Tigers2017 said:

How about Merritt Island?  Heardcthe new coach brought in lot of players and new coaches?  They used to be really good

I'm on the fence with Merritt Island. Their always up and down especially battling Palm Bay. But those are the 3 favorites in that district Palm Bay Merritt Island and Rockledge

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

All these teams are making me cringe at possible matches against Vero

36 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

All these teams are making me cringe at possible matches against Vero

Let's see where each of team is mid season. That's a long way away. By then we should have a good idea how things may play out. I am not going to lie. I thought VB was going to at least make the regional final last year. I was surprised when they lost in the second round at home. 

17 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Let's see where each of team is mid season. That's a long way away. By then we should have a good idea how things may play out. I am not going to lie. I thought VB was going to at least make the regional final last year. I was surprised when they lost in the second round at home. 

I tried to tell y'all I ain't trust the offense because I seen it live every week but they have lost at home in the playoffs before in 2008 they had a talented team where my cuzo played on that team I mean that team had two rbs and my cuz was one of em and that team gets talked about alot by everyone