3A after Oxbridge (Summertime stuff)

SPCjessica2004

Those coaches and players worked their ass off to grow the program to the point of being 1 win from a championship that would be a legacy they could leave for the rest of their life and they are getting the rug pulled out from under them 

Why is this not surprising though,  ain't this what always happens to programs who weren't "supposed to win"

When you ain't a program made to have a silver spoon in your mouth and you succeed anyway it will end eventually because no one likes a non traditional power to be a success 

It's funny that everyone blasted ucf for claiming a National title yet Alabama claims a championship in a year they finished like 20th in the nation and had 2-3 losses and no one bats a eye

Why?  Because bama is a "traditional" power and the media is so far up their ass that they would make a case for them being best team no matter how many losses they have

Just now, badbird said:

most of the players transferred out just like they transferred in.  That is why they got rid of football.  

Bad birdy

The public announcement just came out but the insiders knew for longer

They were transferring out "because" they knew program was about to shut down

Why would you leave oxbridge if you know they are going to play football in the fall,  even down they would have been a practical lock to go back to states

No reason to leave unless the program wasn't going to be fielded

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Columbia fanny,  so you think there is some kind of conspiracy against Oxbridge?  

What I'm saying is this

Oxbridge even slightly down (so about a month ago)  were basically still locks to win 3a north 

Why would a player leave a almost sure trip to Orlando unless they knew it was coming

The collapse of oxbridge has been rumored for over a year now,  do you think it's just possible that the players and coaches knew what was coming and started planning a exit before things went public? 

I also think the administration used this a excuse for closing the program (lack of players) when they probably were considering this as a future for a while now

Now the transfers sped process up but it was well documented that they wanted to devalue the Athletic program (specifically football) and that would have eventually lead to a slow death of the program 

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

most of the players transferred out just like they transferred in.  That is why they got rid of football.  Oxbridge players were the reason for their demise. 

WTF does Alabama and media have anything to do with oxbridge?

It has to do with where the dislike for oxbridge came from people outside the football program 

Oxbridge wasn't supposed to be this successful as quickly so when they did it led to bitterness 

I could go more into it but can't on the board because ik it would create trouble 

2 hours ago, badbird said:

When you bring in a ton of players from other schools and give a kid a scholarship that reads on third grade level yeah you are gonna piss some people off.  $$$$$$ got them good quick. 

And, you know this for sure? They had 15 players graduate out of a roster of 41. 8 players transferred leaving a roster of 20. Why would players transfer out of a championship program? Maybe the answer is below.

“I’m disappointed for the alumni,” Coach Socha said. “Disappointed for the current team and coaches, but not surprised by the decision based on what I was told on May 26, 2016 when they said they were going in a different direction to de-emphasize football. I think this is a by-product of their decision. They didn’t admit a lot of younger players [afterward] to build the roster to be sustainable.”

I understand that Oxbridge has a pretty high academic rating and possibly they wanted to keep it as a good academic private school.

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

And, you know this for sure? They had 15 players graduate out of a roster of 41. 8 players transferred leaving a roster of 20. Why would players transfer out of a championship program? Maybe the answer is below.

“I’m disappointed for the alumni,” Coach Socha said. “Disappointed for the current team and coaches, but not surprised by the decision based on what I was told on May 26, 2016 when they said they were going in a different direction to de-emphasize football. I think this is a by-product of their decision. They didn’t admit a lot of younger players [afterward] to build the roster to be sustainable.”

I understand that Oxbridge has a pretty high academic rating and possibly they wanted to keep it as a good academic private school.

http://westpalmbeat.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/05/27/oxbridge-ceo-out-after-koch-investigation/

With the departures of Sponsky and Socha, the board signals it plans to reduce the profile of its football program, which was subject of complaints that it was over-emphasized, to the point of admitting athletes who couldn’t read past 3rd grade level. Head coach Socha was earned $230,481 in 2014, according to nonprofit school’s most recent IRS filings.

4 hours ago, badbird said:

With the departures of Sponsky and Socha, the board signals it plans to reduce the profile of its football program, which was subject of complaints that it was over-emphasized, to the point of admitting athletes who couldn’t read past 3rd grade level. Head coach Socha was earned $230,481 in 2014, according to nonprofit school’s most recent IRS filings.

I stand corrected. However, absent the sexual harassment charge this situation is not unlike what is happening at many other schools in Florida that are football powers. It is especially prevalent in public high schools as students don't have to in reality meet any academic standard  nor do they have to come up with the funds to pay for the school. There are also plenty of football players, in public schools, who probably couldn't read past 3rd grade level. I honestly think that this transfer thing is getting out of hand. The fact that Oxbridge could become a football power overnight shows that the current system of transferring at will is not working.

University School, American Heritage Delray and now Oxbridge to a more drastic extent.  Chaminade was close to crashing a couple of years ago and they took a hard dive after Mark Guandolo left last decade.  Except for St Thomas Aquinas and Columbus, I would not be willing to bet any of the south Florida private schools will not do the same in the next 5-10 years.  Things just seem too unstable with the transfer situation the way it is.  

I was able to confirm that superstar Kiael Kelly, QB at Tampa Catholic transferred to Tampa Jesuit. This is the 2nd high profile QB that TC has lost since the beginning of 2018.  If it weren't for Oxbridge football closing up shop the talk of the town in 3A might be that TC has now lost 10 athletes out of the program to other schools.

Now, TC still has 2x 3 star running backs, a very strong offensive line and a solid defense- but the point is this team could have been great, right now they're simply above average. It'll be curious to see who ends up getting the nod at QB or if one ends up transferring in.  There's talent here for sure, but no stability.

27 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I was able to confirm that superstar Kiael Kelly, QB at Tampa Catholic transferred to Tampa Jesuit. This is the 2nd high profile QB that TC has lost since the beginning of 2018.  If it weren't for Oxbridge football closing up shop the talk of the town in 3A might be that TC has now lost 10 athletes out of the program to other schools.

Now, TC still has 2x 3 star running backs, a very strong offensive line and a solid defense- but the point is this team could have been great, right now they're simply above average. It'll be curious to see who ends up getting the nod at QB or if one ends up transferring in.  There's talent here for sure, but no stability.

Only 2 of 15 playoff games in 3A last season were close, and one of those was Tampa Catholic vs Clearwater CC.  Maybe there will not even be a close playoff game in 3A this year.:(  

13 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Only 2 of 15 playoff games in 3A last season were close, and one of those was Tampa Catholic vs Clearwater CC.  Maybe there will not even be a close playoff game in 3A this year.:(  

I think the first 2 FSU High School games (Ft. White vs Florida High and Taylor County vs Florida High) were also very competitive games. CCC/TC and Chaminade/Oxbridge were competitive as well. So, I'd say 4 of the 15..but your point is well taken.

I see TC as a 7-3 type team this year. If they can find a way to upset Crestview on the road, then 8-2 is achievable, but that's going to be a tough task without some help. I think they have enough star power at running back (Caleb Tate, Jalen Bussey) and enough at WR (Chris Murray, DJ Taylor) to have a successful season, but the region is to strong to simply run the ball without a semblance of a passing attack week in and week out.

As far as the CCC/TC game last year- the playoff game was a classic and made up for the dud earlier in the year when CCC won TC 25-0. You have to go back quite a few years to find the last time the road team won in that series. 

All of that said- I forsee north 3A being far more competitive than south 3a. But your 3A finals is going to be the biggest blowout in recent FHSAA finals history... Chaminade is simply too deep to be playing in 3A a

1 hour ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

What year is Kelly and is he the son of Kenny Kelly?

Just now, SPCjessica2004 said:

Chaminade-Madonna is ranked #3 in the entire state of Florida, STA is ranked #2. Make the game happen!

It should have been an easy game to make... But STA is slow to step up to other state powers in other classes.  See how long it took for them to schedule the Miami (former super power) teams... I mean the are still good and still Dade but they did not get them on the schedule back when those teams were actually in conversation as best in the nation... I have no idea how the scheduling works out our how that happens but its just something I noticed.