Apopka single wing clips

DisabledAccount

17 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Was checking on YouTube and looked this up

It's incredible that a offense that looks so basic in formation can be so deadly in play

@"PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) you asked a while back well here some clips

Out of the first 12 or so plays they did the same thing ..”RUN” jus switched sides a compotent coaching staff should be able to easily stop that but nonetheless to me to effectively run that play u need solid solid blocking aka o line and a durable solid running back because it Dosent seem like the qb throw much lol

6 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Out of the first 12 or so plays they did the same thing ..”RUN” jus switched sides a compotent coaching staff should be able to easily stop that but nonetheless to me to effectively run that play u need solid solid blocking aka o line and a durable solid running back because it Dosent seem like the qb throw much lol

Single wing is all about execution and wearing down the defense and it also takes advantage of players who are aggressive and defensive gameplans that are aggressive and over pursuing by utilizing misdirection and confusion because any number of 3 or 4 players could end up carrying the ball on any given play

If defenses aren't disciplined they will get eaten alive by single wing

9 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Apopka usually has both which is why they are so effective running it

If you have the right players this scheme works very effective and because most dont use it you force coaches to prepare gameplans against a scheme that they aren't used to encountering very often 

1 hour ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

It usually has more players at the point of attack, the ball is usually snapped to one of three different backs since there is no real QB. Therefore, you have to figure out who is going to get the snap, and which way they going to run the ball. The O Line not only blocks but pulls and you have guys running the opposite way from the play. It looks simple on film, but if you have not faced it, it's difficult to figure out. Bear in mind that the film posted by Columbia is six or seven years old and that new wrinkles have been added to the system since.  

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It usually has more players at the point of attack, the ball is usually snapped to one of three different backs since there is no real QB. Therefore, you have to figure out who is going to get the snap, and which way they going to run the ball. The O Line not only blocks but pulls and you have guys running the opposite way from the play. It looks simple on film, but if you have not faced it, it's difficult to figure out. Bear in mind that the film posted by Columbia is six or seven years old and that new wrinkles have been added to the system since.  

I would love for us to run that offense since having no true qb is wat we excel in lol

20 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Defense has to be athletic and play disciplined all game... Also the QB only throws if he has one.  If you notice there is no real QB on majority of plays (no one lines up under center).  When his son was QB he threw for a lot of yards.

On 6/23/2018 at 1:41 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Its one of the oldest offensive formations, going back to the old days of leather helmets.  I remember seeing the Miami dolphins lining up in single wing against New England and the announcers where like what's this?

Some of the single wing philosophy's strengths are that opposing coaches often underestimate its' complexity, thinking that because the offense was first developed in the early 1900's that it is simple. Another is that opposing coaching staffs have usually only three days to attempt to replicate in practice, with scout team players no less, the single wing... and really it just can't be done - so their defense will get it's first real look on the game field. They're playing catch-up from the outset of the game.

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

The Wing T and the Single Wing are two completely different offenses.

I realize that Jambun but both are formations that keep the defense guessing on every play with deception and misdirection. Both also use mostly a ground game for their offense. I don't think I would call them completely different types of offense.

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

I realize that Jambun but both are formations that keep the defense guessing on every play with deception and misdirection. Both also use mostly a ground game for their offense. I don't think I would call them completely different types of offense.

I remember when the majority of the Brevard teams ran the wing T especially Cocoa and Rockledge.

By the way Tampa Catholic could end up matched against Cocoa in the playoffs 

7 hours ago, Perspective said:

I'm curious what experience the schools running the single wing have had with transfers from skill players (namely QB's and WR's)?  Or do the really promising, young QB's and WR's just not show up at schools who run this offense? 

I can say that Apopka has lost one promising QB and more than a couple good Wide Receivers over the years. However, the damage has not been as bad as you would think. A couple of other zoned APK kids have also gone elsewhere over the years. However, it is not clear whether the decision was football related or due to other factors. 

It is difficult to pass on a very solid program even if you feel you are not been fully utilized at your expected college position. 

The year was 1986. It was homecoming for UCF and a record crowd of over 23,000 came to the Citrus Bowl anticipating a beat down of then NAIA member Wofford (SC) and The Beach Boys concert which would immediately follow the game. Apparently, the Terriers had other intentions. Their vaunted single wing offense was like nothing I’d ever seen and it was soon obvious the UCF defense hadn’t either. It was probably the most embarrassing moment in Knights history. They lost that homecoming game to a school nobody ever heard of 31-28 putting quite a damper on the whole evening. As for the concert, I barely remember it. 

On 10/1/2020 at 2:08 PM, LAZ said:

The year was 1986. It was homecoming for UCF and a record crowd of over 23,000 came to the Citrus Bowl anticipating a beat down of then NAIA member Wofford (SC) and The Beach Boys concert which would immediately follow the game. Apparently, the Terriers had other intentions. Their vaunted single wing offense was like nothing I’d ever seen and it was soon obvious the UCF defense hadn’t either. It was probably the most embarrassing moment in Knights history. They lost that homecoming game to a school nobody ever heard of 31-28 putting quite a damper on the whole evening. As for the concert, I barely remember it. 

Sad emoji represents the outcome. The post was very good as I am sure it brought back cherished memories.