Columbiahighfan's preseason preview

DisabledAccount

I'm almost finished with my preseason rankings, I'm waiting to see a few transfer results over next few days to finalize the rankings 

For the preseason i will be releasing

regional rankings (both by geography and classification)

Classification rankings (top 5 for 1-4a and top 10 for 5-8a)

Tier rankings (both for classification region and statewide)

As well as top 50 for the state 

I hope to start releasing parts of the Rankings by Wednesday or Thursday 

Here's the first regional rankings of the year

I'll start with North Central rankings

North Central top 10

1 Columbia  7A
2 Vanguard  6A
3 Buchholz  7A
4 Eastside   5A

5 Baker County 5A
6 Fort White  3A
7 Bradford   4A
8 Trinity Catholic  3A
9 Gainesville 6A
10 Dixie County  1A

more rankings to come soon

7 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a list...

“And then ColumbiaFan went high energy, compiling the sacred List the peasants had hoped for— and The Board was filled with Joy” -FHSB Bible, Peasants, Chapter 1

Maybe fact I'm doing one list at a time might build up hype for further releases lol

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Here's the first regional rankings of the year

I'll start with North Central rankings

North Central top 10

1 Columbia  7A
2 Vanguard  6A
3 Buchholz  7A
4 Eastside   5A
5 Fort White  3A
6 Bradford   4A
7 Trinity Catholic  3A
8 Gainesville 6A
9 Dixie County  1A

10 Union County  1A

more rankings to come soon

I would swap Bradford with EHS and Hawthorne with UC

31 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Northwest Florida top 10

1 Crestview  6A
2 Niceville  6A
3 Godby 5A
4 West Florida 5A
5 Madison County 1A
6 Rickards  5A
7 Wakulla  5A
8 Lincoln 7A
9 Escambia 6A
10 Florida High  3A

What is justification for Crestview at #1?  Over past 5 years, seems as if they have a limited number of "quality" wins?

I heard Wakulla has a dual-threat qb this year who could open up their offense.     

10 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

What is justification for Crestview at #1?  Over past 5 years, seems as if they have a limited number of "quality" wins?

I heard Wakulla has a dual-threat qb this year who could open up their offense.     

Crestview has also been the best team in the panhandle past 2 years and has defeated Niceville back to back years and the ones I've talked to from the area seem confident those 2 will once again be the best 2 in the panhandle 

I do think Wakulla should be good though 

Jacksonville area (duval/St John's/Clay) top 15

1 Raines    4A
2 St Augustine    6A
3 Trinity Christian   5A
4 Lee   7A
5 Bolles    5A
6 Clay   5A
7 Fleming Island   7A
8 Fletcher   7A
9 Bartram Trail   7A
10 Menendez  5A
11 University Christian 2A
12 Ponte Vedra 5A
13 Sandalwood 8A
14 Ribault  5A
15 Mandarin 8A

Just now, MuckCityChamp said:

Dang, I figured Madison would be #1 in that region. 

I didn't update a few changes up here yet but i did flip 4 and 5

You could probably make argument for them to be over Godby but i personally view Godby as one of favorites in 5a North 

However i couldn't really see Madison beating niceville or crestview especially with how much Madison County lost to graduation, madison will compete in 1a but i see them being down from last year 

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I didn't update a few changes up here yet but i did flip 4 and 5

You could probably make argument for them to be over Godby but i personally view Godby as one of favorites in 5a North 

However i couldn't really see Madison beating niceville or crestview especially with how much Madison County lost to graduation, madison will compete in 1a but i see them being down from last year 

Since 2004, Madison County has played a ton of teams from West FL.  They have won every game except the following.  Obviously they can be beat, even badly.  But, until a team from West Florida beats them on the field, I am hesitant to rank another team over them, even in a "bad" year.  

2015 Rickards  20-14, Wakulla 37-0, Trenton 27-18

2014 Pace 58-37

2009 Godby 21-14

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Since 2004, Madison County has played a ton of teams from West FL.  They have won every game except the following.  Obviously they can be beat, even badly.  But, until a team from West Florida beats them on the field, I am hesitant to rank another team over them, even in a "bad" year.  

2015 Rickards  20-14, Wakulla 37-0, Trenton 27-18

2014 Pace 58-37

2009 Godby 21-14

Have they played niceville before? 

11 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Certainly not in the recent past.  Nor Crestview.  That's why the rankings are of limited value.  

As you know, Boot Hill gives an edge, so there could be two different results depending upon where a game is played.  

They do play Crestview in kickoff game this year though.

On 7/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Northwest Florida top 10

1 Crestview  6A
2 Niceville  6A
3 Godby 5A
4 Madison County 1A  
5 West Florida 5A
6 Rickards  5A
7 Wakulla  5A
8 Lincoln 7A
9 Escambia 6A
10 Florida High  3A

Tampa Catholic travels to Crestview this year. I'd like to piggyback off of OldSchoolLion,  what makes them great this year? 

4 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Tampa Catholic travels to Crestview this year. I'd like to piggyback off of OldSchoolLion,  what makes them great this year? 

I wouldn't say it's anything specific but the past 2 years they have been able to defeat Niceville despite fact that up until the last 2 years they have had limited success in that rivalry

It seems at least from the outside looking in that Crestview has a solid foundation in place

I also notice that they playing oos this year, even though that doesn't always mean a team is good the fact they scheduled the game makes me think they have some confidence in this team, they also scheduled Tampa Catholic so it appears Crestview playing a improved schedule and playing a few more games away from the panhandle 

Plus word is they will be similar to last year and with Madison losing as much as they are and Crestview owning niceville lately i didn't see any reason for them to not rank them at 1 in the region

I could say things more specifically had i gotten a chance to see them at 7v7 during which time i was gonna check the team out and find out what i could but when they didn't show up that was a bummer for sure

55 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wouldn't say it's anything specific but the past 2 years they have been able to defeat Niceville despite fact that up until the last 2 years they have had limited success in that rivalry

It seems at least from the outside looking in that Crestview has a solid foundation in place

I also notice that they playing oos this year, even though that doesn't always mean a team is good the fact they scheduled the game makes me think they have some confidence in this team, they also scheduled Tampa Catholic so it appears Crestview playing a improved schedule and playing a few more games away from the panhandle 

Plus word is they will be similar to last year and with Madison losing as much as they are and Crestview owning niceville lately i didn't see any reason for them to not rank them at 1 in the region

I could say things more specifically had i gotten a chance to see them at 7v7 during which time i was gonna check the team out and find out what i could but when they didn't show up that was a bummer for sure

Where exactly are the gaps going to be at Madison that they will not be able to successfully fill this year?  I don't recall them having any big-time playmakers and/or Power 5 recruits last year.  Madison is a factory for solid, if nor spectacular, players on both sides of the ball.  Unless I am missing something, I don't see any player(s) they lost to graduation that they could not reasonably fill based upon their ability to reload in the past.     

14 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Where exactly are the gaps going to be at Madison that they will not be able to successfully fill this year?  I don't recall them having any big-time playmakers and/or Power 5 recruits last year.  Madison is a factory for solid, if nor spectacular, players on both sides of the ball.  Unless I am missing something, I don't see any player(s) they lost to graduation that they could not reasonably fill based upon their ability to reload in the past.     

Madison had like 25-30 seniors,  that will not just easily be replaced and even the Madison people i talked to expect them to not be as strong as last year