Columbia 33 IMG Academy Blue (National team) 20 Final

DisabledAccount

9 minutes ago, badbird said:

Here we go Moral Victories already.  Now we are going to have to hear all year how Columbia only lost by 24 or how it was close until late or how they scored.  Remember it's a KOC so either way it doesn't matter unless you get killed then we can laugh at you.   :D

Well if i was on here saying we will win the game you as well as many on here would think I've lost all sense i have left

11 minutes ago, badbird said:

Here we go Moral Victories already.  Now we are going to have to hear all year how Columbia only lost by 24 or how it was close until late or how they scored.  Remember it's a KOC so either way it doesn't matter unless you get killed then we can laugh at you.   :D

Hush it bad birdy

Btw you close to finishing up your preseason ranking yet? 

16 minutes ago, badbird said:

I thought ColumbiaFan typically uses KOC's in determination of streaks, records, etc:rolleyes:  

23 minutes ago, badbird said:

Computer ranking math

Moral Victory + winning season + a couple of playoff wins = high ranking on maxpreps.

Get a running clock put on you = keep beating up on Suwannee & Gainesvilles for a high ranking on maxpreps. 

22 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Computer ranking math

Moral Victory + winning season + a couple of playoff wins = high ranking on maxpreps.

Get a running clock put on you = keep beating up on Suwannee & Gainesvilles for a high ranking on maxpreps. 

In all fairness i have suggested to our athletic director before that we should drop Suwannee from schedule until they get good enough to be beneficial playing them

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In all fairness i have suggested to our athletic director before that we should drop Suwannee from schedule until they get good enough to be beneficial playing them

If you did that, don't be surprised if they refuse to schedule Columbia after they do improve.

17 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

If you did that, don't be surprised if they refuse to schedule Columbia after they do improve.

Well most consider our schedule to be full of teams who we intentionally pick for easy wins so if that case maybe we should drop teams not keeping up 

Suwannee was once a powerhouse but now a days they struggle to keep up with us,  the games with them is of homecoming quality 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well most consider our schedule to be full of teams who we intentionally pick for easy wins so if that case maybe we should drop teams not keeping up 

Suwannee was once a powerhouse but now a days they struggle to keep up with us,  the games with them is of homecoming quality 

You keep playing them because its tradition; its a rivalry; its something the fans, alums, and both communities look forward to.  Besides, these things come and go in cycles.  Hardee plays DeSoto for the same reasons just given.  Many regard DeSoto as a pushover but there was a time when they were a very strong program.  

12 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

You keep playing them because its tradition; its a rivalry; its something the fans, alums, and both communities look forward to.  Besides, these things come and go in cycles.  Hardee plays DeSoto for the same reasons just given.  Many regard DeSoto as a pushover but there was a time when they were a very strong program.  

It doesn't feel like a rivalry anymore though

Everyone all buddy buddy with each other, i basically check Suwannee game off as a guarantee win every year and look forward to Gainesville because that game actually feels like a rivalry these days

50 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It doesn't feel like a rivalry anymore though

Everyone all buddy buddy with each other, i basically check Suwannee game off as a guarantee win every year and look forward to Gainesville because that game actually feels like a rivalry these days

Ok, so I did a little research.  Suwannee's record for the last few years: 5-6; 6-5; 9-3;12-3;7-3;3-7 - not that bad. Granted they aren't winning state championships like in the 80's but its not like they are going 1-9 or 0-10.  I understand Columbia has beaten them 13 years straight now but I wouldn't say you are playing a weakling.  

10 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Ok, so I did a little research.  Suwannee's record for the last few years: 5-6; 6-5; 9-3;12-3;7-3;3-7 - not that bad. Granted they aren't winning state championships like in the 80's but its not like they are going 1-9 or 0-10.  I understand Columbia has beaten them 13 years straight now but I wouldn't say you are playing a weakling.  

10 straight but it's not really how they do in other games it's how the games with Columbia have been

Since 2014 we have beaten them every year by at least 20 points and in 2015 and 2017 we went to live oak and won by 35+ (running clock)

They used to be a tough game now it's basically one guaranteed blowout game

It's losing luster with how one sided these games lately have been,  this is actually the only time in rivalry history that one of us has double digit win streak

I wish Suwannee was as good as they were in the 80s, then this game would garner more interest on a state level 

37 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

10 straight but it's not really how they do in other games it's how the games with Columbia have been

Since 2014 we have beaten them every year by at least 20 points and in 2015 and 2017 we went to live oak and won by 35+ (running clock)

They used to be a tough game now it's basically one guaranteed blowout game

It's losing luster with how one sided these games lately have been,  this is actually the only time in rivalry history that one of us has double digit win streak

I wish Suwannee was as good as they were in the 80s, then this game would garner more interest on a state level 

Suwannee isn't watering down your SOS; sooner or later they will snap the loosing streak against Columbia. 

IMO, nothing short of an Elite National Team is going to give this IMG team a game much less defeat them. They seem to be loaded this season although IMG doesn't seem to play up to their potential in pre season games. May be a mental thing of not wanting to suffer injuries in a game that doesn't mean much. These guys all have multiple offers and possibly good futures if they can stay healthy and injury free.

I'll never forget the IMG cheap shot that Cracked Cocoa QB  Bruce Judson's ribs. The DB was 3 steps out and a "helmet first" dive into Judson's ribs cage after the ball was released. Judson was out for several weeks and playing with tender ribs, not the same passer for the rest of the season. I had a photo of the ball releasing and the player still coming with a ref looking right at Judson, but no flag. Anyway, football is not for the timid.

Play hard, never stop, and shake hands at the end of the game. 

26 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'll never forget the IMG cheap shot that Cracked Cocoa QB  Bruce Judson's ribs. The DB was 3 steps out and a "helmet first" dive into Judson's ribs cage after the ball was released. Judson was out for several weeks and playing with tender ribs, not the same passer for the rest of the season. I had a photo of the ball releasing and the player still coming with a ref looking right at Judson, but no flag. Anyway, football is not for the timid.

Play hard, never stop, and shake hands at the end of the game. 

Thats my biggest fear with this game is IMG taking cheap shots to try and take our players out 

I bet there are plenty of teams on our schedule hoping we get banged up against IMG 

16 hours ago, badbird said:

never known them to be dirty but I don't have a hard on for them

Agree. So many other teams use the same tactics and even worse. I've watched many IMG games and never saw illegal tactics being used. IMG is taught professionally and they play like a college team. Put a college team up against any HS team in Florida, including STA, and see if they can survive the hard defensive tackling and offensive blocking. IMG just hits harder and probably quicker, than most teams.