Ocala St John Lutheran

LAZ

I’m finalizing 2018 FB schedules in preparation for this year’s rankings. However, I don’t see anything coming out of St. John Lutheran. Anyone know what the deal is? I want to get this done ASAP as I will be working from a hospital bed for a few weeks. That aside, I can’t wait to see how torqued Nolefullofbull gets when he sees this year’s “travesty”. 

1 hour ago, LAZ said:

I’m finalizing 2018 FB schedules in preparation for this year’s rankings. However, I don’t see anything coming out of St. John Lutheran. Anyone know what the deal is? I want to get this done ASAP as I will be working from a hospital bed for a few weeks. That aside, I can’t wait to see how torqued Nolefullofbull gets when he sees this year’s “travesty”. 

Laz.... Attached is the current 2018 Football Schedule for the Saints. Maxpreps info has not been updated. Carlos Burrows is no longer the HC. The 2010/2011 Saints top all county RB Caleb Alexander is now the HC. Their schedule seems pretty ambitious for a 2A team that has only won 4 games since 2011 when they were a 2nd round playoff team.

St. John Football.jpg

2 hours ago, LAZ said:

Proseteye,

I did see this and it doesn’t make any sense for the reasons you mentioned. Also, it conflicts with all of their opponents schedules. Kind of looks like a JV schedule. All games on Thursday.

thanks.

Possibly the Saints are only playing a JV schedule this season. I thought the schedule was somewhat ambitious for a their varsity. This came directly from their HC Alexander. I will query him again to confirm.

11 hours ago, LAZ said:

Oh my God don't remind me. Last year was one to forget. 

That being said, do you have any complete schedules for any teams historically? 

It's confirmed, by the St. John HC, that they are only fielding a JV team this season. This is the schedule for the JV. Still pretty ambitious.

My thinking is, something similar to what happened in 2012, when they did not have enough players to field a varsity squad and cancelled their season. St. John Lutheran really should be in 1A or independent as they do not currently have the student compliment to compete against schools with a larger student body.

20 hours ago, Proseteye said:

It's confirmed, by the St. John HC, that they are only fielding a JV team this season. This is the schedule for the JV. Still pretty ambitious.

My thinking is, something similar to what happened in 2012, when they did not have enough players to field a varsity squad and cancelled their season. St. John Lutheran really should be in 1A or independent as they do not currently have the student compliment to compete against schools with a larger student body.

Thanks so much for this info.. I really appreciate it!! 

Laz

I plan on it. Although one of my biggest detractors hangs out here. It’s not his fault that my system which works so well for college football, struggles with high school early in the season. When I retire from my paying job, I will work on trying to improve that. That said, I’m sure to p*** him off at least a few times this year. Should be fun.

8 minutes ago, LAZ said:

I plan on it. Although one of my biggest detractors hangs out here. It’s not his fault that my system which works so well for college football, struggles with high school early in the season. When I retire from my paying job, I will work on trying to improve that. That said, I’m sure to p*** him off at least a few times this year. Should be fun.

Well I'm sure we will have a post about the rankings at some point lol

We did talk a little bit on it last year but with you on here Maybe we can finally have our curiosity on certain teams rankings answered 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well I'm sure we will have a post about the rankings at some point lol

We did talk a little bit on it last year but with you on here Maybe we can finally have our curiosity on certain teams rankings answered 

Yeah the problem early on is simply explained but remember it is a computer. My formula is based on game/schedule connectivity. Schools play most of their non- district schedule early in the year. Over the years, September evening storms forced early season cancellations of many key games which would aid in providing that connectivity between out of district/out of classification teams. Up until now, cancelled non-district games are seldom made up. I’m hoping the FHSAA “points” system will create the necessity of getting the cancelled games re-played because every game is now important.

With the college rankings, I do not have this issue because out of 4000+ games for 760 teams less only a handful get cancelled and not rescheduled. 

5 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

For those unaware of the modest creator of the Laz Index ,who hopefully has found a new home, here's an example: 

http://lazindex.com/

Man 2A is scary bad. Way too many classes. Laz has only 3 teams from 2A in the top 261 of the state. 

What a waste. It's gonna be Chamlagnat vs Jax UC. Those teams are talented enough to play in 3A. 

Most of these teams are SSAC type teams at best. They should do away with 2A and have the teams move up to 3A, join an independent conference like the SSAC, North Florida etc, or go independent all together. 

95 percent of the teams in 2A have a zero percent chance of winning. What a waste 

26 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Man 2A is scary bad. Way too many classes. Laz has only 3 teams from 2A in the top 261 of the state. 

What a waste. It's gonna be Chamlagnat vs Jax UC. Those teams are talented enough to play in 3A. 

Most of these teams are SSAC type teams at best. They should do away with 2A and have the teams move up to 3A, join an independent conference like the SSAC, North Florida etc, or go independent all together. 

95 percent of the teams in 2A have a zero percent chance of winning. What a waste 

I've been in favor of combining 2A and 3A and lowering the cutoff cap from 636 to 580, this would be the new 2a. This gives the new 2A a healthy amount of teams. This also helps the new 3A (currently 4A).  It also cuts 1 class. My understanding though is that the FHSAA doesn't appear to have much if any interest in cutting football classifications. I would take a long hard look at 2A/3A.

47 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

You are aware of how much Champagnat lost right? 

They probably will struggle big time this year 

2 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I've been in favor of combining 2A and 3A and lowering the cutoff cap from 636 to 580, this would be the new 2a. This gives the new 2A a healthy amount of teams. This also helps the new 3A (currently 4A).  It also cuts 1 class. My understanding though is that the FHSAA doesn't appear to have much if any interest in cutting football classifications. I would take a long hard look at 2A/3A.

The FHSAA has no interest because they get a percentage or flat rate for every playoff game. 

So if they cut 2 classes like they should that would cut 30-60 games a year which is big money. They don't care that the playoffs are watered down and 75 percent of the games are blowouts. 

Not that it would happen but how cool would it have been to watch the winner of Jax UC/Madison County play the winner of Champagant/Pahokee? 

I know they changed a little but Jax TC vs Raines for the right to play the winner of Cocoa and Chaminade. 

These are just examples for the sake of argument.