How About Park Vista This Season?

OldSchoolLion

Last year seemed to be a breakthrough year for them, winning in the playoffs.  They lost to Dwyer in OT during the regular season and blew the game in regulation with a missed PAT in the last minute.  They gave Atlantic all they wanted in 2 games, losing by 7 pts each game.  I am probably forgetting someone, but it did not seem like they had any big-name talent...nor in prior seasons.  If so, they showed the ability to win with good team play and without over-reliance on transfers.   

Park Vista has one of the most seasoned coaches in south Florida.  Brian Dodds has been coaching for 30 years, including the past 11 seasons at Park Vista.  So, he has had a lot of time to build a foundation.  It seems like they have made slow, steady progress over the years building up to last year (versus flash-in-the-pan).  Interested in anyone's thought on them this year. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Last year seemed to be a breakthrough year for them, winning in the playoffs.  They lost to Dwyer in OT during the regular season and blew the game in regulation with a missed PAT in the last minute.  They gave Atlantic all they wanted in 2 games, losing by 7 pts each game.  I am probably forgetting someone, but it did not seem like they had any big-name talent...nor in prior seasons.  If so, they showed the ability to win with good team play and without over-reliance on transfers.   

Park Vista has one of the most seasoned coaches in south Florida.  Brian Dodds has been coaching for 30 years, including the past 11 seasons at Park Vista.  So, he has had a lot of time to build a foundation.  It seems like they have made slow, steady progress over the years building up to last year (versus flash-in-the-pan).  Interested in anyone's thought on them this year. 

Lost to Pahokee last year in the KOC. They travel to Pahokee next week, so we will see how they look. I do know they lost a few transfers to Palm Beach Central as well. 

Yes, Vista has given ATL fits over the past few games.  ATL is very talented, but I think Vista gets over the hump this year.  DO not get me wrong, the champ is the champ until they get dethroned, and ATL has earned the benefit of the doubt against ANYONE in the county right now.  Coach Jackson has the ship sailing.  I just think if they are going to get over the ATL hump, it will be this year.  ATL is young, they might not get another shot for a long time.