2018 Florida vs OOS

nolebull813

IMG travels today to Pittsburgh, PA to take on Pine-Richland. Pine-Richland went 16-0 last season and won the PIAA 6A championship. None of the 16 teams played them close. Most were blowouts. Any ideas on how good  Pine-Richland  really is considering that they do not reside in a state known for great HS football powers. At least not that I'm aware of.

8 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

IMG travels today to Pittsburgh, PA to take on Pine-Richland. Pine-Richland went 16-0 last season and won the PIAA 6A championship. None of the 16 teams played them close. Most were blowouts. Any ideas on how good  Pine-Richland  really is considering that they do not reside in a state known for great HS football powers. At least not that I'm aware of.

I've heard on national board from a guy up in Pennsylvania they graduated their top 8 wrs and their qb

IMG has weakness in secondary but it doesn't sound like Pine-Richland will be able to expose it

IMG probably pulls away late but I'm certain this IMG team will lose at some point this year 

They looked out of shape on DL and secondary was slow and out of position 

Preseason or not it was easy to tell IMG not as strong on defensive side of ball like past years 

Offense will be good but defense is suspect to put it lightly 

7 hours ago, footballfan56 said:

Just looking ahead to week 11.  Thompson (AL) will beat Crestview by three or four touchdowns. They are a legitimate contender in 7A in Alabama. Would have rather seen them play a better FL 6A or 7A school. 

Might be a little closer because both teams will be going to the playoffs and won't want to get any starter hurt in a meaningless game. 

It is an odd game considering Crestview is outside the top 25 in Florida and Thompson is no lower than 2 in Alabama. It would be like STA playing some rural team from the middle of nowhere in Alabama 

15 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

How do you know?  Who are they playing?

Please don't tell me you seen that on maxpreps?  That is the worst website ever. No fact checks. 

Always find a second source before confirming 

Yeah it was maxpreps 

It's false they playing a district game with first coast

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah it was maxpreps 

It's false they playing a district game with first coast

One of the most useless sites on the Internet.  I wouldn't believe a word it says.  Earlier this morning they actually had  the fnal score for the Wekiva Game eight hours before it is played. 

They need to fire everyone who works for that website and start from scratch 

10 hours ago, s1nglewing said:

So did MCC get roasted by a small country school in Mississippi?

Man I told you guys about them last year.  Coach is overrated.  He knows how to attract talent from the area but he doesn't know how to develop a quality football team.  there was no excuse to lose to that nobody team.  let alone get crushed . 

The weird thing was they were winning 17-0  before the Mississippi team came back and scored 46 points 

Coffee(GA) 54 Taravella 6  Ouch!  Coffee would be 6A in Fl and Taravella is 8A.  Lee County(GA) would be 5A in FL and they manhandled 8A Dr Phillips.  Both are rural programs that beat larger urban programs.  If they can do it, rural 5A and 6A programs in FL should be able to beat the larger urban programs as well.     

22 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Coffee(GA) 54 Taravella 6  Ouch!  Coffee would be 6A in Fl and Taravella is 8A.  Lee County(GA) would be 5A in FL and they manhandled 8A Dr Phillips.  Both are rural programs that beat larger urban programs.  If they can do it, rural 5A and 6A programs in FL should be able to beat the larger urban programs as well.     

Taravella is garbage. Hot garbage. 

And Lee County is top 5 in the entire state. Dr Phillips took another loss against an average West O team. The losses will keep piling up vs better teams. 

These games were mismatches. Dr P/Lee didn't appear to be a mismatch at first 

Satellite has lost its first 3 games by a combined total of 122-3...and they are going to Alabama to play an OOS game?  Am I missing something here?  Seems like it would be a lot cheaper to get your tail kicked staying at home.  Is this like "bucket list" stuff..so every kid can say they played an OOS game when they are adults?  

34 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Rough week. Went 3-8 but most games were auto blowouts. Garbage games. Teams like FAMU, and ISB playing. 

The Saturday games were good. Check out the first post in the thread for all the scores 

How much do we need to pay these schools to take these blowout losses against other FL schools instead of going out of state and making us look bad

On 9/7/2018 at 10:43 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Hardee is a rural 5a program. In the mid-2000s we played and beat 8a Colonial.  In more recent years we played and beat 8a George Jenkins.  I'm of the opinion that these games really aren't that beneficial.  I believe it more beneficial to schedule another good team in our same class. The key word there being good.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:30 PM, nolebull813 said:

One of the most useless sites on the Internet.  I wouldn't believe a word it says.  Earlier this morning they actually had  the fnal score for the Wekiva Game eight hours before it is played. 

They need to fire everyone who works for that website and start from scratch 

Meanwhile the FHSAA wants to use them to help them do rankings and polling and stuff. 

On 9/8/2018 at 11:12 PM, nolebull813 said:

Rough week. Went 3-8 but most games were auto blowouts. Garbage games. Teams like FAMU, and ISB playing. 

The Saturday games were good. Check out the first post in the thread for all the scores 

DUDE.... What a sham of a game ESPN put on trying to do favors for Deion Sanders and show his kids from FAMU... HOORRIBBLLEE Idea... I am sorry....there are many deserving schools in Florida who should be on Tv... the baby Rattlers aint one of them... ESPN should be ashamed of all the HSFB games in the nation they played that one... 

39 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

DUDE.... What a sham of a game ESPN put on trying to do favors for Deion Sanders and show his kids from FAMU... HOORRIBBLLEE Idea... I am sorry....there are many deserving schools in Florida who should be on Tv... the baby Rattlers aint one of them... ESPN should be ashamed of all the HSFB games in the nation they played that one... 

I think the date was negotiated with ESPN and Deion. He needed an opponent for that week in the Tallahassee area because of some stuff he was doing with his players there. 

They turned down Godby which is coached by his friend and former Nole. 

He turned down Florida High which would have been a perfect fit with Willie Taggart Jr being the QB.

ESPN should have known it would have been a blowout and no one would watch it. Dumbass decision to appease wife beater Deion