District and Region Predictions

Brendan Johnson

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Didn't lose enough? 

They had over 20 players graduate including their 2 quarterbacks 

They won't be as good as last year 

Obviously they won’t be as good but Fleming will certainly be worse. The loss of that all-everything LB/RB/P isn’t being replaced. Buchholz has a solid QB and some burners on the outside...but do I think that will be enough to beat a team that has been there and done it? I don’t think so. 

Now do I think Columbia beats them? Yes, as things are right now. But I also thought y’all would smoke a not good Bolles team last year & that didn’t happen 

The images for 6A And 5A wouldn’t work so I’m gonna comment them. 

6A

D1 J.M. TATE, D2 NAVARRE, D3 NICEVILLE, D4 ST. AUGUSTINE, D5 GAINESVILLE, D6 SPRINGSTEAD, D7 ARMWOOD, D8 LAKE GIBSON, D9 LARGO, D10 NORTH FORT MYERS, D11 FORT MYERS, D12 NAPLES, D13 MAINLAND, D14 HERITAGE, D15 DILLARD, D16 MIAMI CENTRAL

5A

D1 WEST FLORIDA TECH, D2 AMOS P. GODBY, D3 SUWANNEE, D4 TRINITY CHRISTIAN, D5 CLAY, D6 EASTSIDE, D7 HERNANDO, D8 ZEPHYRHILLS, D9 LAKEWOOD, D10 JEFFERSON, D11 BOOKER, D12 IMMOKALEE, D13 BISHOP MOORE, D14 ROCKLEDGE, D15 FT. PIERCE WESTWOOD, D16 AMERICAN HERITAGE 

11 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Bartram Trail had the luxury of having two D-1 quarterbacks for multiple years. Maybe they have another in the pipeline to go along with their good stable coaching staff. I doubt any single newcomer at QB can replicate the firepower of the two departing seniors. Defensively, having seen them three years in a row 15,16,17, I was never that impressed. Their pass coverage in particular was weak. Let the season begin....time will answer all questions.

Just to clarify Jags904 and ColumbiaFan, I'm not saying BT won't win the district, just that they "should" be down (loss of QB's) from the last few years. Both you guys got far more knowledge then I about that area. No hater here.... 

On 8/12/2018 at 9:37 PM, badbird said:

St Cloud district is bad but they still have no chance of winning it.  Here is how I have that district.  Lake Nona could be a sleeper and should easily win that district

1. Lake Nona

2. Harmony

3. East River

4. Liberty

5. St Cloud

6. Windermere

7. Celebration

Lake Nona has one of the few qb'in the state committed to a Power 5 school.  What does their offense look like this year?

11 hours ago, Brendan Johnson said:

6A

D1 J.M. TATE, D2 NAVARRE, D3 NICEVILLE, D4 ST. AUGUSTINE, D5 GAINESVILLE, D6 SPRINGSTEAD, D7 ARMWOOD, D8 LAKE GIBSON, D9 LARGO, D10 NORTH FORT MYERS, D11 FORT MYERS, D12 NAPLES, D13 MAINLAND, D14 HERITAGE, D15 DILLARD, D16 MIAMI CENTRAL

5A

D1 WEST FLORIDA TECH, D2 AMOS P. GODBY, D3 SUWANNEE, D4 TRINITY CHRISTIAN, D5 CLAY, D6 EASTSIDE, D7 HERNANDO, D8 ZEPHYRHILLS, D9 LAKEWOOD, D10 JEFFERSON, D11 BOOKER, D12 IMMOKALEE, D13 BISHOP MOORE, D14 ROCKLEDGE, D15 FT. PIERCE WESTWOOD, D16 AMERICAN HERITAGE 

Gainesville over Vanguard?

Are you hearing something i missed because it looks like Gainesville losing quite a bit

In fact they lost arguably one of their best defenders to Fort White 

Outside of a senior qb i don't see a whole lot of promise on this Gainesville roster,  this team may be in decline now

On 8/14/2018 at 2:00 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

Just to clarify Jags904 and ColumbiaFan, I'm not saying BT won't win the district, just that they "should" be down (loss of QB's) from the last few years. Both you guys got far more knowledge then I about that area. No hater here.... 

Oh no doubt they’ll be down. I just think Fleming will be down just as much if not more and Buchholz hasn’t done enough to lead me to pick them over BT. 

You can’t judge teams using the recruiting services like you used to.

Rivals, Scout, etc. used to identify all the 2-3 star guys their sophomore and junior years.

Now, and this is the exact science so listen...... they focus almost entirely on the 4-5 stars. When players get Power 5 offers their junior year they become a 3-star, and when players get an FBS offer their senior year they become a 2-star.

You will only find about 10% (sophs) to 40% (juniors) of the future FBS level sophomores/juniors (respectively) in any database.

Back as recent as 2012 or so, the services really allowed you to to search by school and class. Not any more. 

On 8/13/2018 at 10:10 PM, Brendan Johnson said:

6A

5A

5A D11 - Booker? Seriously? 

KOC results Viera 35- Vero Beach 28

Palm Bay 34   Melbourne  7

Viera lost  a QB and second and third WRs.  Defense might be more athletic in front 7and the counties best DB in Reid.   Melbourne looked terrible last night against a solid Palm Bay team( 4 different players scored). Viera will win district again. Soph. QB Norton is very athletic but needs to improve his passing attack. Can get to 3rd round play-offs with a season to develop. No way Melbourne talent closes gap this year. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, Brendan Johnson said:

The District and Region predictions for the 2018 season. I have only done 8A and 7A. The other classes will be done later on this week and will be under this post. I’ll probably get some bad comments but it’s what I think of this season. 

35B2A140-05E1-4C73-B5C2-AB429334673C.jpeg    

2BA7A074-CA38-43C1-8B6E-E94B48F4DA02.jpeg