Vero Beach schedule is weak

Floridatech

Regular-season schedule

Aug. 24: x-At Venice (7A/14-1)

Aug. 31: Wellington (8A/4-5)

Sept. 7: Dr. Krop (Miami) (8A/4-6)

Sept. 14: Fort Lauderdale (7A/2-7)

Sept. 21: p-At Pahokee (1A/8-3)

Sept. 28: At St. Lucie West Centennial (8A/4-5-1) (D)

Oct. 5: x-Fort Pierce Westwood (5A/6-3)

Oct. 12: Treasure Coast (8A/4-5)(D)

Oct. 26: Fort Pierce Central (8A/2-6) (D)

Nov. 2: Sebastian River (6A/3-6)

Only THREE teams have winning seasons from last year and the defending champs are down this year, so this means that Vero chances of another unbeaten regular season is very high, all they have to do is beat Venice at home and that game to me is very winnable......

59 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Regular-season schedule

Only THREE teams have winning seasons from last year and the defending champs are down this year, so this means that Vero chances of another unbeaten regular season is very high, all they have to do is beat Venice at home and that game to me is very winnable......

Doesn't matter as long as they are ready for the playoffs!  Hopefully they will be healthy with the easier schedule.   

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

My only comment yesterday about the article was..."I like the comment at the bottom concerning creation of an out-of-area rivalry."    

That's not it u said we should play Dwyer and Viera and I told u that we beat both teams already and if we run this schedule and lose in rd 2 don't come telling us to load up on the schedule next year OK buddy 

Just now, Floridatech said:

That's not it u said we should play Dwyer and Viera and I told u that we beat both teams already and if we run this schedule and lose in rd 2 don't come telling us to load up on the schedule next year OK buddy 

Please let me explain what I meant.  Assuming Vero plays at least one tough non-district game each year, it would be nice to develop a rivalry with a team like Viera OR Dwyer OR Glades Central and play that team each year to establish the rivalry.  That would be great for the fans.  Wasn't proposing to play all of them in one year:)   

I am not a believer that one has to play a brutal schedule and kill one's self to be ready for the playoffs, especially with a well-established program led by a good coaching staff.  Armwood, Plant, and Lakeland have not always played the toughest of regular season schedules and they are some of the most successful playoff teams we have seen in the modern era. 

9 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Regular-season schedule

LOL this guy

13 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Please let me explain what I meant.  Assuming Vero plays at least one tough non-district game each year, it would be nice to develop a rivalry with a team like Viera OR Dwyer OR Glades Central and play that team each year to establish the rivalry.  That would be great for the fans.  Wasn't proposing to play all of them in one year:)   

I am not a believer that one has to play a brutal schedule and kill one's self to be ready for the playoffs, especially with a well-established program led by a good coaching staff.  Armwood, Plant, and Lakeland have not always played the toughest of regular season schedules and they are some of the most successful playoff teams we have seen in the modern era. 

Vero ain't the all those teams have won states in the 2000s and present and two I hope u don't come back to me in the off-season later this year and say we need to schedule better cuz imma put this quote at you

16 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

2000s state champs or finalists beaten by Vero

Dwyer

Oscar Smith 

Palm Bay 

Pahokee 

Lincoln 

Palm Beach Gardens 

Viera 

All were doing the spring, koc, or regular season it's impressive but didn't help much for the playoffs lol

30 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Any Vero Beach fans make it to game? Hawks fan here, missed it, thoughts on how teams looked. Obviously , a close game. I will get my first look at Viera next week at Rockledge. Should be a battle.

Viera cheated at the end and had help by the refs too first they call back a kickoff off returned for a TD then we ended up putting the ball back into the end zone and then Viera did the same thing that Plant did to them FAKE an injury to by time and get the game winning td

Honest opinion...Viera has a good linebacker #1 and a solid front four...DBs are beatable...offense not impressive other than a QB that can scramble and beat you with his feet....Vero offensive line was offensive to watch they couldn’t block anyone...run game non-existent...defense got pressure from front four but tackling or lack thereof was some of the worst I’ve ever seen from a Vero squad

8 hours ago, Bamarod said:

Any Vero Beach fans make it to game? Hawks fan here, missed it, thoughts on how teams looked. Obviously , a close game. I will get my first look at Viera next week at Rockledge. Should be a battle.

Long time Vero fan, sloppy game on both sides from what I saw, but that’s to be expected being a KOC.

Vero’s weakness is what they thought it would be: the O line. Vero QB Celadonio was under pressure all night and they’re running game was virtually non existent. Lots of penalties on both sides, lot of cramping and injuries on both sides (all legit from what I saw despite Flotech’s assumption.) 

Viera looked down from last year, but so does Vero. Lots to work on for both teams, To be honest I’d say both teams are in real trouble next week: Viera (Rockledge) Vero (Venice.)

52 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Long time Vero fan, sloppy game on both sides from what I saw, but that’s to be expected being a KOC.

Vero’s weakness is what they thought it would be: the O line. Vero QB Celadonio was under pressure all night and they’re running game was virtually non existent. Lots of penalties on both sides, lot of cramping and injuries on both sides (all legit from what I saw despite Flotech’s assumption.) 

Viera looked down from last year, but so does Vero. Lots to work on for both teams, To be honest I’d say both teams are in real trouble next week: Viera (Rockledge) Vero (Venice.)

That game showed me that Vero will need to improve this season or else we will be knocked out in the first round this year 

59 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Honest opinion...Viera has a good linebacker #1 and a solid front four...DBs are beatable...offense not impressive other than a QB that can scramble and beat you with his feet....Vero offensive line was offensive to watch they couldn’t block anyone...run game non-existent...defense got pressure from front four but tackling or lack thereof was some of the worst I’ve ever seen from a Vero squad

U think Vero wins next week 

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Viera has to have a dynamic QB to make the offense go and they have been lucky to have had back to back above average at the position. Your analysis is what i was expecting from Viera. Soph. QB Norton has improved as a passer from the spring game but can't carry a team like the QBs of the past. They might have a slight upgrade in Oline but negated by slipping at WR and QB. Atkins #16 was their best weapon last year and he is back, but was held in check. defense might be better overall from last year. real athletes on line and at LB. Was wondering if anyone was picked on in secondary in this game. Some very good talent back there with some weak spots. Hopefully coaches will put the right guys on the field to cut down on mistakes in coverage. 

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Good thing for Viera is that Jashaun Corbin is at Texas A&M  this season. Rockledge lost as much as Viera. Should be another nail-biter, could go either way unless certain issues can be fixed this week.