Thoughts about IMG

OldSchoolLion

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If they play like that every week we will have no problem making it to Orlando this year 

Be humble though I have a feeling there will be a couple teams in the north bracket that are ready to have their say.   I'm looking forward to seeing Lakeland play this year.  

Just now, 954gator said:

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class  Give me some info on some of those CHS lineman.   

I only know about the 2 seniors 

Damien Lewis (Center)

Zach Bedenbaugh (LT)

I haven't gotten a chance to learn much about the other 3 starters but I'll need to watch them closely because i was impressed with how they handled playing those big dudes on IMG 

Idk who blocked that 5 star dude on the line but i only counted 1 sack by him all game 

Whoever guarded him did one hell of a job

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Be humble though I have a feeling there will be a couple teams in the north bracket that are ready to have their say.   I'm looking forward to seeing Lakeland play this year.  

All I'm saying is if they play like they did in first half for a entire game they are capable of defeating anyone in FL 

That was the perfect game

7 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

That was Shea Patterson correct? Very impressive team on both sides of ball.

No that was when they had the big running qb.  Wasn't the best throwing the ball but he could just run wild with the line he had, and it would allow WRs to run wide open.  It seemed nearly impossible to stop the read option runs of his.  Also the defense was the best one by far.  

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Zach has 1 offer total

Webber international 

Other senior Damien Lewis has 1 total offer

Valdosta State 

You can really say this was unknown players taking it to the big names

Reminded me a bit of BTW vs that Norcross DE.

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Btw @OldSchoolLion 

Can we agree now that Columbia deserved that 24th spot in my FL rankings :D

Columbia deserves to be at the very least within the top 20. I am reluctant to say anymore than that right this minute. But if this was not a fluke and if IMG is still the IMG of recent times, then Columbia should at the very least make it to the third round of the playoffs this year.

And, realistically, a trip to Orlando could be within reach. 

44 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Columbia deserves to be at the very least within the top 20. I am reluctant to say anymore than that right this minute. But if this was not a fluke and if IMG is still the IMG of recent times, then Columbia should at the very least make it to the third round of the playoffs this year.

And, realistically, a trip to Orlando could be within reach. 

Especially with the way 7a lookin right now 

4 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

But a reminder, according to our FW-CHS thread, preseason games don't count.

Again i never said for us to put IMG game on the record 

It don't take away from the fact that everyone assumed we would get blown out but we put up a fight 

Kinda like apopka 2 years ago

But speaking of games that count I'm not forgetting who is next on the schedule 

Just now, OldSchoolLion said:

Sorry, buddy...UFRA rules....IMG starters started second half and scored.

And conviently pulled their starters out to make people think we would have choked the game

But one thing for sure

Gainesville isn't IMG 

If We get up on Gainesville like we did to IMG we will roll to a blowout finish 

6 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

There is a lot of stuff that goes on in the locker room at half time. Generally the better coaches will change the tactics and depending on the score, win the second half, and maybe the game. 

I agree 

However that don't instantly mean that any team who is behind and scores first drive of second half will always comeback and win

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It wasn't our starters though

Since when do people grade teams based on backup against backup action

... guess that started about the same time we started "grading" teams based on 1/2 of penalty-ridden play in a preseason football game.:)   

Atlanta 0-4 and New England 1-3 in 2017 NFL preseason.  Maybe there is something to learn from coaches in the NFL who don't show all their cards when "real" games are not on the line.