Final 4 picks

DisabledAccount

16 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Way too early

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's why i said i plan to adjust after week 7 and during First round week

This one is more about testing myself to see how many i can get right this early 

I agree with Hwy, it's way too early to make these predictions. However, if I'm going to pick a winner for Class 5A-Region 3, I would not pick Immokalee. They lost very bad to Golden Gate in a 37-8 game. From what I am seeing right now, I would pick either Jesuit or Hardee as winning Class 5A-Region 3. But remember it's very early to know for sure, so we should take these predictions with a grain of salt.

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Putting all the chips on Dwyer eh?  Why am I surprised?

I think you all are assuming sta just suddenly shakes off last year

That qb doesn't look that impressive and while i was impressed with the defensive line that sta has i don't see this team being this top 5 national team you all are trying to make them

For them to be top 5 nationally they would need to be at level of 2015 or 2016 teams and i don't see this team at that level 

15 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

He’s more of hoping then really thinking Dwyer will be there lmao.. Comical lmao

Dwyer a good team, you all are reading too much into Dematha and assuming sta is loaded by reading into the stuff on paper

On Paper STA should have blown Venice out of the building last year,  how that turn out? 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dwyer a good team, you all are reading too much into Dematha and assuming sta is loaded by reading into the stuff on paper

On Paper STA should have blown Venice out of the building last year,  how that turn out? 

assuming?  I saw it on TV they looked pretty good

45 minutes ago, Yourbasement said:

Change St. Augustine to Crestview. 

Crestview is a good team but they have lost to St Augustine 2 straight years 

I'm just not sure I've seen enough by Crestview to tell me they win that game this year but Crestview is definitely best in panhandle that I've seen through observation from afar

Just now, badbird said:

assuming?  I saw it on TV they looked pretty good

On the defensive line yeah

Those dudes were swarming

Qb didn't look that accurate though, he was throwing all over the place

Better than having a linebacker but not enough to stop sta from having to put entire offense behind run game when facing teams who are decent in secondary

And thess people were saying sta was gonna dominate this year and were far away better than anyone in 7a before a single snap was played 

What I am hearing is that we should be careful making judgments this early in the season because we have not had enough eyeball time and might be relying too much on "paper."  ,Fair enough.  So, somebody please tell me what specific , concrete criteria are being used to come up with rankings, top 4 picks etc, this early in the season (other than just wild guessing for fun, which is fine).  I doubt anyone has had time to study game film of every team yet.     

Either we already have enough data to judge everyone at this point, or we should reserve judgment.  If results of a spring game or preseason scrimmage was enough data to rank a team, why do we need to wait to see how Dematha does to judge the quality of STA's victory?  I simply use the STA game as an example..could be any big game at this point of the season.  Struggling with the logic.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:15 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ODNXOvnq17hugQAkhBwaCDGxFziHVvwVXD-DDhd8ADg/edit?usp=drivesdk

Here are my current projections for final 4 in each class

I'll revisit and revise after week 7 and again week of first round of playoffs and see how many i get right 

Unless DP improves a lot, they are not final 4 candidates this year. Osceola and Vero Beach both better at this stage. 

Palm Beach Central is hyped in Region 3, but I don't think they make it there either.

Regarding Dwyer, I don't think they get past St. Thomas Aquinas.

In 8A, Region 1, I will get back to you after the next two weeks. 

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Have you seen Dwyer play or your going by paper cause of a couple of transfers they got?

8 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

What I am hearing is that we should be careful making judgments this early in the season because we have not had enough eyeball time and might be relying too much on "paper."  ,Fair enough.  So, somebody please tell me what specific , concrete criteria are being used to come up with rankings, top 4 picks etc, this early in the season (other than just wild guessing for fun, which is fine).  I doubt anyone has had time to study game film of every team yet.     

Either we already have enough data to judge everyone at this point, or we should reserve judgment.  If results of a spring game or preseason scrimmage was enough data to rank a team, why do we need to wait to see how Dematha does to judge the quality of STA's victory?  I simply use the STA game as an example..could be any big game at this point of the season.  Struggling with the logic.

I wouldn't say wild guessing,  this is more of a test 

As i already said i plan to revise these after week 7 and again the week of round 1 of playoffs

My goal is to see how many change in between now and then in my predictions and how many end up being correct

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Unless DP improves a lot, they are not final 4 candidates this year. Osceola and Vero Beach both better at this stage. 

Palm Beach Central is hyped in Region 3, but I don't think they make it there either.

Regarding Dwyer, I don't think they get past St. Thomas Aquinas.

In 8A, Region 1, I will get back to you after the next two weeks. 

You may be right with Dr Phillips 

They are currently in the same boat as Immokalee 

If something doesn't change quick both will be changed when i do revisal in week 7

These i believe are same ones i had from preseason i just forgot to post them 

3 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Have you seen Dwyer play or your going by paper cause of a couple of transfers they got?

Not a full game since unlike STA they ain't got espn up their ass so I ain't finding no full game being televised 

I have been seeing some highlights and hope to gather intel from some people at their games

Maybe later in the year someone will stream a Dwyer game so i can watch them play in more than highlights 

29 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not a full game since unlike STA they ain't got espn up their ass so I ain't finding no full game being televised 

I have been seeing some highlights and hope to gather intel from some people at their games

Maybe later in the year someone will stream a Dwyer game so i can watch them play in more than highlights 

So ESPN is on STA ass? Well maybe if Dwyer schedule bettter games like they did in the past , maybe they will be on tv... Still waiting on them to play a top notch team from Dade and Broward during the regular season...

8 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

So ESPN is on STA ass? Well maybe if Dwyer schedule bettter games like they did in the past , maybe they will be on tv... Still waiting on them to play a top notch team from Dade and Broward during the regular season...

I would love to see Dwyer vs Atlantic this week on TV 

Apparently sta playing Dematha is ESPN worthy but Central vs Cardinal Gibbons, AHP vs Carol City and Dwyer vs Atlantic isn't 

Some serious logic geniuses over at ESPN these days

Its funny they made comment at end of Trinity vs Warren Central that they hope the rest of weekend is that good

Yeah the weekend was good, problem was ESPN didn't cover those games,  they managed to find the crap match-ups to over rate their ESPN 300 list and gave us weak games when better ones were out there if they were actually willing to do a little research 

16 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Crestview is a good team but they have lost to St Augustine 2 straight years 

I'm just not sure I've seen enough by Crestview to tell me they win that game this year but Crestview is definitely best in panhandle that I've seen through observation from afar

You're probably right, but its still the panhandle and we all know that nobody can take the panhandle schools seriously. The good panhandle schools always dominate in the regular season but get destroyed in the playoffs.

I am speaking about the large school classifications.