Final 4 picks

DisabledAccount

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The 2 teams above them in the rankings (Miami Carol City and Miami Central) both were at 1 and 2 in preseason and both won convincingly over 2 teams who are probably top 10 in state

I not gonna drop those 2 for winning convincingly over AHP and Cardinal Gibbons respectively just because St Thomas Aquinas beat up on some team from the Northeast 

If Carol City or Central lose then STA will rise but while those 2 are undefeated STA will settle for third in FL 

Maybe I missed it.  What is the rationale of having Dwyer picked as regional champ over STA yet STA is ranked ahead of Dwyer in the poll? 

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Maybe I missed it.  What is the rationale of having Dwyer picked as regional champ over STA yet STA is ranked ahead of Dwyer in the poll? 

Same reason wekiva is my pick in 8a region 1 but have apopka higher 

Final 4 are my PREDICTIONS 

rankings are based on where i feel teams are at the time, i feel some teams will end up being better later in the year but can't justify boosting at the moment 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The 2 teams above them in the rankings (Miami Carol City and Miami Central) both were at 1 and 2 in preseason and both won convincingly over 2 teams who are probably top 10 in state

I not gonna drop those 2 for winning convincingly over AHP and Cardinal Gibbons respectively just because St Thomas Aquinas beat up on some team from the Northeast 

If Carol City or Central lose then STA will rise but while those 2 are undefeated STA will settle for third in FL 

dumb logic.  A team doesn't lose so they don't drop.  One problem I've had with your polls.   I can't argue against Central and Carol City at the moment but I do know one of those two will eventually lose :P

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

dumb logic.  A team doesn't lose so they don't drop.  One problem I've had with your polls.   I can't argue against Central and Carol City at the moment but I do know one of those two will eventually lose :P

Central and Carol City play

Central and STA play

Sta can earn a move up the rankings and i ain't talking about beating some northeast team

21 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Central and Carol City play

Central and STA play

Sta can earn a move up the rankings and i ain't talking about beating some northeast team

That Northeast team was good enough to win three games against Fl teams in the past.  They are a storied program with a trememdous history like St Thomas.  This was printed in 2011 after their legendary coach resigned after 29 years. 

"McGregor steps down with a 270-37-3 record and 17 titles in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference. More than 350 of his players received scholarships to Division I schools. The last two seasons, DeMatha had seven alumni in the NFL, more than any other high school in the nation."

I don't care if it is a down year for Dematha, for a team to beat them any year is impressive. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

That Northeast team was good enough to win three games against Fl teams in the past.  They are a storied program with a trememdous history like St Thomas.  This was printed in 2011 after their legendary coach resigned after 29 years. 

"McGregor steps down with a 270-37-3 record and 17 titles in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference. More than 350 of his players received scholarships to Division I schools. The last two seasons, DeMatha had seven alumni in the NFL, more than any other high school in the nation."

I don't care if it is a down year for Dematha, for a team to beat them any year is impressive. 

So that makes dematha better than AHP and Cardinal Gibbons THIS SEASON? 

On 8/28/2018 at 8:28 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Crestview is a good team but they have lost to St Augustine 2 straight years 

I'm just not sure I've seen enough by Crestview to tell me they win that game this year but Crestview is definitely best in panhandle that I've seen through observation from afar

Yea. I like to dream and live in lala land until playoffs when Crestview ends up facing adversity.