St Thomas Has More Top-Tier Than Any Team in the US

OldSchoolLion

10 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Oh absolutely. Ed White lost their coach and First Coast dropped off and all of sudden their studs are at Trinity and/or Lee. It’s the name of the game in the cities in FL. 

My big issue with people calling out private schools is there are different kinds of private schools. Some of them allow just about anybody in and don’t even make them attend school there (they just do FLVS and show up at practice) whereas other privates have a strict admission policy, high tuition, and difficult school work. 

The rural vs urban conversation is a good one certainly. It’s hard though because there are only a few large rural schools. 

I thought first coast guys ended up more at raines and ribault as opposed to Lee but Trinity got a few from Ed White and First Coast 

But Lee benefited most from Ed White 

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I thought first coast guys ended up more at raines and ribault as opposed to Lee but Trinity got a few from Ed White and First Coast 

But Lee benefited most from Ed White 

Quite a few First Coast guys definitely did end up at Raines but a lot ended up at Lee. It’s super easy to transfer in Duval County

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Anything to do with that public transportation system that basically lets them go anywhere in the city? 

Worst public transportation system in the country for a major city. You couldn’t pay me to take the bus, way too slow. But a lot of these kids have family staying around the city so they go and stay with them or catch rides. 

36 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Worst public transportation system in the country for a major city. You couldn’t pay me to take the bus, way too slow. But a lot of these kids have family staying around the city so they go and stay with them or catch rides. 

Is that how it seems that even before the rule changes that players in duval could transfer effortlessly and end up at what seems to be whatever school was hot at the time? 

4 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

The issue in Florida is that many of the public schools who are getting the "good" transfers are not in the same classes as Chaminade, AHP, Cardinal Gibbons and St Thomas.  And those private schools have not routinely played the powerhouse teams of Miami-Dade.

So why st Thomas can’t get a great qb transfer?

11 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

You said not every team can get quality transfers so I said why STA can’t find a quality qb...

OK, thanks.  I don't see what is terribly wrong with STA's qb situation.   I don't see it being worse than many other schools in south Florida.  The entire state of Florida only has a few qb's being recruited by Power 5 schools.   

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

OK, thanks.  I don't see what is terribly wrong with STA's qb situation.   I don't see it being worse than many other schools in south Florida.  The entire state of Florida only has a few qb's being recruited by Power 5 schools.   

I can name like 5-7 qbs that better then him down here

17 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Being recruited and being good are 2 different things 

Colleges will offer you a scholarship if you the right height,  40 time, ect

Colleges feel they can teach better mechanics but they can't really teach speed or size

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Being recruited and being good are 2 different things 

Colleges will offer you a scholarship if you the right height,  40 time, ect

Colleges feel they can teach better mechanics but they can't really teach speed or size

That's true.  My point was simply that Florida does not have a top-flight qb on every corner like we do with cb's and wr's.  

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't think the qb from up North is all that and casteel looked inacurrate based on what i saw against Dematha 

He's not a great QB but dude give some credit man.  How many incomplete passes he throw?    His first throw was off, the next was dropped right in the hands of the WR.   After that...?

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

He's not a great QB but dude give some credit man.  How many incomplete passes he throw?    His first throw was off, the next was dropped right in the hands of the WR.   After that...?

I didn't say he was terrible but don't act like he gonna be Joe Montana out there

Even though their is a certain banned sta homer who would probably try to argue that

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Again he isn't terrible just not good either

He is there to protect ball and not screw up 

He isn't going to win shootouts 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Again he isn't terrible just not good either

He is there to protect ball and not screw up 

He isn't going to win shootouts 

Shootouts?   Who needs to win shootouts?   I'm not saying he's great either, but he wasn't really inaccurate either.