What’s with all this Deerfield hype !?

And I don’t wanna hear anything about there transfers what have they done with it tho.

they are ranked top 50 nationally and have done what !?! They were a first round exit last year and they have zero championships. ZERO!!!! 

You have some teams who actually won the championship last year and not even in the top 200 nationally. 

Im sick of this Deerfield hype yes they went 10-0 a few years back NO CHAMPIONSHIP THO they beat sta a couple of times in the regular season ok cool so have Miramar but guess what STILL NO CHAMPIONSHIPS NOT EVEN A STATE TITLE APPERANCE! 

Again miss me and spare me with their transfers and the amount of star talent they have had when they have faced top nationally ranked out of state competition they get blowed out last year St. John’s bolles a few years back blow out!!

are they talented yes!! Do they have a few solid wins on their resume but they have many many more disappointments so someone  explain what’s with all this DEERFIELD LOVE FEST!! Top 50 nationally !?! Lol hahahahahhaha their not even top 500 in my open any team in the top 200 will   Put a running clock on them.

their coaching is sub par AT BEST their undisciplined no where near top tip conditioned and their offense is very vanilla . And no I have nothing against Deerfield at all but they have the same amount of state titles as Dillard in the same 10 years ZERO! they have NO titles at all in school history lost in the first round last year but yet your top 50 nationally let alone nationally ranked period STOP THE MADNESS

5 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Im sick of this Deerfield hype yes they went 10-0 a few years back NO CHAMPIONSHIP THO they beat sta a couple of times in the regular season ok cool so have Miramar but guess what STILL NO CHAMPIONSHIPS NOT EVEN A STATE TITLE APPERANCE

In 2005, they had their first and only state title appearance after upsetting the Bulls in the semifinals. Unfortunately they melted down in the title game losing by over 20 points as they gave up 48 to Palm Beach Gardens. In their semis, PBG had eked out a 10-7 win over Winter Park. So DB came into the title game a heavy favorite. And PBG proceeded to run the ball up and down the field on them. In 2003, DB was undefeated and at home against a three loss Edgewater in the semifinal with an SEC D1 QB. And guess what? He tossed an interception on DB's first drive which was converted for 6. Edgewater never gave up the lead on its way to a showdown against Carol City. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

In 2005, they had their first and only state title appearance after upsetting the Bulls in the semifinals. Unfortunately they melted down in the title game losing by over 20 points as they gave up 48 to Palm Beach Gardens. In their semis, PBG had eked out a 10-7 win over Winter Park. So DB came into the title game a heavy favorite. And PBG proceeded to run the ball up and down the field on them. In 2003, DB was undefeated and at home against a three loss Edgewater in the semifinal with an SEC D1 QB. And guess what? He tossed an interception on DB's first drive which was converted for 6. Edgewater never gave up the lead on its way to a showdown against Carol City. 

Further prove my point I’m still waiting to get a solid explanation of this top 50 nationally ranking they have. 

2 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Lol that’s str8 foolishness what happen to going by what u have done on paper their a 1-0 team going off a first round play off exit and a second round blow our second round exit the year before.

I think Deerfield's problem is in their heads. They don't believe they are worthy so they have a culture of losing when the going gets tough. I have seen very talented DB teams lose games they had every reason to win. Until they show me they are for real, I can't take them seriously. It's amazing that a team that can beat St. Thomas more than once during the regular season can't win one 8A title. 

5 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Lol that’s str8 foolishness what happen to going by what u have done on paper their a 1-0 team going off a first round play off exit and a second round blow our second round exit the year before.

...a 1-0 team with first round exit last year and a blowout second round exit the year before....that's Columbia:rolleyes:

I think Deerfield's problem is in their heads. They don't believe they are worthy so they have a culture of losing when the going gets tough. I have seen very talented DB teams lose games they had every reason to win. Until they show me they are for real, I can't take them seriously. It's amazing that a team that can beat St. Thomas more than once during the regular season can't win one 8A title. 

Funny thing is a few of those years after that lost sta went on to win the title in 7a ...Deerfield on the other hand ..,smh again there is no hate  for Deerfield but that top 50 nationally ranked position is bogus as hell. 

If sun sentinel wanna rank them top 5 I. The county rankings cool but anything higher then that world wide lol haahahha please stop 

1 minute ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Funny thing is a few of those years after that lost sta went on to win the title in 7a ...Deerfield on the other hand ..,smh again there is no hate  for Deerfield but that top 50 nationally ranked position is bogus as hell. 

Exactly. You beat a state champion in a division that's just as tough and probably tougher. And you can't make a run yourself? 

Exactly. You beat a state champion in a division that's just as tough and probably tougher. And you can't make a run yourself? 

And it’s not even just MaxPreps it’s on here to all this over hyped love DEERFIELD HAS TO BE THE MOST OVERHYPED BROWARD COUNTY TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN I mean year after it’s the same ole foolishness and high predictions for this school  I guess they figure one year they have to be right lol 

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I like your post.  Deerfield has 12 wins versus St Thomas Aquinas, easily more than any other team, so they know how to win.  Part of the issue might be a lessening of community support.  The Broward County public high school athletic scene was great in the 1980's.  Deerfield had a powerhouse wrestling program, Ely and Dillard were tearing it up in football.  I think support for the sports programs in Broward started dropping off after that, ie attendance at games, school spirit, etc, which impacted the "culture of winning," or lack thereof.  Panther and I have discussed this.       

14 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I like your post.  Deerfield has 12 wins versus St Thomas Aquinas, easily more than any other team, so they know how to win.  Part of the issue might be a lessening of community support.  The Broward County public high school athletic scene was great in the 1980's.  Deerfield had a powerhouse wrestling program, Ely and Dillard were tearing it up in football.  I think support for the sports programs in Broward started dropping off after that, ie attendance at games, school spirit, etc, which impacted the "culture of winning," or lack thereof.  Panther and I have discussed this.       

Right but until they show they have what it takes to be a state champion let alone nationally ranked these blasphemy rankings need to stop 

29 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

2007 Deerfield vs STA(5A champion).  QB for Deerfield was Denard Robinson, who went on to become All American at Michigan and a pro in the NFL.  

17 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

(Throws up in mouth) not even in hell.

...Dillard's only playoff game versus Deerfield Beach-1999 6A regional semifinal

#1 Deerfield Beach had entered unbeaten, but the Panthers won 16-14 and earned the right to face Plantation in the regional final.  The Panthers had lost a 21-20 heartbreaker to Deerfield earlier in the season. 

The Bucks were called for 135 yards in penalties with two touchdowns called back, including a 14-yard run by Hall that would have given the Bucks a 21-10 lead late in the third quarter.

The Panthers came up with the big plays when they needed them. Down 14-3, Butler connected with Joe Walkins on a 35-yard touchdown with 5:43 left in the third quarter that got the Panthers within 14-10.

On its next possession, Deerfield Beach got to the 14, where Hall scored on 1st down, but the score was nullified by an illegal receiver downfield. The Bucks got nothing out of the drive.pixel.gif

Dillard got the ball at its 41 with 6:56 left. On second-and-9, Butler faded back to pass then sprinted up field, zigzagging his way past defenders until being hauled down from behind at the 3. He scored four plays later, taking the snap, then reaching the ball across the goal line.

Dillard got the ball back with 4:05 left, but Matthias Askew sacked Bucks quarterback Derrick Crudup on third down and Deerfield had to punt. The Panthers were able to run the clock out after a 22-yard gain on a third-down pass from Butler to Chris Gamble.

Deerfield Beach dominated the first half, rolling up 231 yards total offense to Dillard's 83. Deerfield led 14-0 despite squandering two other scoring opportunities.

The Bucks struck on their first possession, marching 63 yards on 13 plays with Kerry Sutton capping the drive with a 3-yard run.

Deerfield got good position moments later as Dillard punter Shad Jordan couldn't handle a bad snap, and the Bucks took over at the Dillard 27. Deerfield got down to the 1, but Sutton was dragged down for a 1-yard loss on fourth down by Fred Miller.

The teams swapped interceptions with Vincent Lewis picking off a Crudup pass at the 45 and returning it 18 yards to the 37. Dillard failed to capitalize as Deerfield's Nick Ricks intercepted a Butler pass.

Deerfield then went 63 yards on nine plays with Crudup tossing an 8-yard strike to Hall, extending the Bucks lead to 14-0.

Dillard's lone score in the half came on a 30-yard field goal by Jordan after a drive in which Raymond Perkins managed 61 yards on four carries.

The senior back wound up with a game-high 127 on 17 attempts.

7 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...Dillard's only playoff game versus Deerfield Beach-1999 6A regional semifinal

#1 Deerfield Beach had entered unbeaten, but the Panthers won 16-14 and earned the right to face Plantation in the regional final.  The Panthers had lost a 21-20 heartbreaker to Deerfield earlier in the season. 

The Bucks were called for 135 yards in penalties with two touchdowns called back, including a 14-yard run by Hall that would have given the Bucks a 21-10 lead late in the third quarter.

The Panthers came up with the big plays when they needed them. Down 14-3, Butler connected with Joe Walkins on a 35-yard touchdown with 5:43 left in the third quarter that got the Panthers within 14-10.

On its next possession, Deerfield Beach got to the 14, where Hall scored on 1st down, but the score was nullified by an illegal receiver downfield. The Bucks got nothing out of the drive.pixel.gif

Dillard got the ball at its 41 with 6:56 left. On second-and-9, Butler faded back to pass then sprinted up field, zigzagging his way past defenders until being hauled down from behind at the 3. He scored four plays later, taking the snap, then reaching the ball across the goal line.

Dillard got the ball back with 4:05 left, but Matthias Askew sacked Bucks quarterback Derrick Crudup on third down and Deerfield had to punt. The Panthers were able to run the clock out after a 22-yard gain on a third-down pass from Butler to Chris Gamble.

Deerfield Beach dominated the first half, rolling up 231 yards total offense to Dillard's 83. Deerfield led 14-0 despite squandering two other scoring opportunities.

The Bucks struck on their first possession, marching 63 yards on 13 plays with Kerry Sutton capping the drive with a 3-yard run.

Deerfield got good position moments later as Dillard punter Shad Jordan couldn't handle a bad snap, and the Bucks took over at the Dillard 27. Deerfield got down to the 1, but Sutton was dragged down for a 1-yard loss on fourth down by Fred Miller.

The teams swapped interceptions with Vincent Lewis picking off a Crudup pass at the 45 and returning it 18 yards to the 37. Dillard failed to capitalize as Deerfield's Nick Ricks intercepted a Butler pass.

Deerfield then went 63 yards on nine plays with Crudup tossing an 8-yard strike to Hall, extending the Bucks lead to 14-0.

Dillard's lone score in the half came on a 30-yard field goal by Jordan after a drive in which Raymond Perkins managed 61 yards on four carries.

The senior back wound up with a game-high 127 on 17 attempts.

Ahhh good times ...goood times 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...a 1-0 team with first round exit last year and a blowout second round exit the year before....that's Columbia:rolleyes:

So let me get this straight 

I get criticized when i bring up Columbia in a IMG topic (even though Columbia actually played them) 

But bringing up Columbia in a topic about Deerfield Beach (who Columbia has never played)  is fine? 

Just want to make sure i understand this logic correctly 

1 hour ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

And I don’t wanna hear anything about there transfers what have they done with it tho.

they are ranked top 50 nationally and have done what !?! They were a first round exit last year and they have zero championships. ZERO!!!! 

You have some teams who actually won the championship last year and not even in the top 200 nationally. 

Im sick of this Deerfield hype yes they went 10-0 a few years back NO CHAMPIONSHIP THO they beat sta a couple of times in the regular season ok cool so have Miramar but guess what STILL NO CHAMPIONSHIPS NOT EVEN A STATE TITLE APPERANCE! 

Again miss me and spare me with their transfers and the amount of star talent they have had when they have faced top nationally ranked out of state competition they get blowed out last year St. John’s bolles a few years back blow out!!

are they talented yes!! Do they have a few solid wins on their resume but they have many many more disappointments so someone  explain what’s with all this DEERFIELD LOVE FEST!! Top 50 nationally !?! Lol hahahahahhaha their not even top 500 in my open any team in the top 200 will   Put a running clock on them.

their coaching is sub par AT BEST their undisciplined no where near top tip conditioned and their offense is very vanilla . And no I have nothing against Deerfield at all but they have the same amount of state titles as Dillard in the same 10 years ZERO! they have NO titles at all in school history lost in the first round last year but yet your top 50 nationally let alone nationally ranked period STOP THE MADNESS

National rankings are basically all on paper anyway since watching enough games to truly gauge teams is impossible 

That's why i don't read too much into those national ranking stuff

Fun to discuss and argue but nothing more

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

DFB is one of those teams that for some reason seem to peak early and beat good teams in regular season but seem to struggle against similar level of teams to their level talent wise in playoffs 

59 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

DFB is one of those teams that for some reason seem to peak early and beat good teams in regular season but seem to struggle against similar level of teams to their level talent wise in playoffs 

Not even just that who have they really beat in the regular season not counting this year and besides st Thomas they faced a not even top 200 nationally ranked team last year in sj and got blew out they faced bolles at home 3 years ago and got ate alive so they don’t fare to well against great teams in the regular season either.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

National rankings are basically all on paper anyway since watching enough games to truly gauge teams is impossible 

That's why i don't read too much into those national ranking stuff

Fun to discuss and argue but nothing more

Paper..really wow I thought they went by records who u beat who u lost to etc 

6 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Paper..really wow I thought they went by records who u beat who u lost to etc 

Well once you are a few games in they look at that but early on most are ranking teams nationally based on what is on paper since it takes a few weeks to get the on the field gauge 

The only thing I can agree with you about Deerfield is they shit the bed when it comes to state titles.. But yea they deserve to be rank high.. 2 years ago was there chance to make it to States and lost to Southridge in a dogfight... They beat the private power which is in Broward in some years.. Number consistent thing they have going on over there is the coaching staff.. maybe that needs to get change... But I don’t see no problem of them being rank.. Are they chock artistes yes but I don’t mind the ranking.. Sounds more like a little hate to me... just my opinion...