(1-1) Dillard @ Gibbons (0-2) Early Thoughts

It’s two early for me to make my final prediction for this game but it’s not to early to talk about it. 

When these two teams met last year gibbons came in undefeated putting up an offensive clinic along the way Dillard on the other hand after starting 0-2 game in 2-2 And 35 point underdogs.

in that game Dillard found themselves up 6-0 at the end of 1 and up 6-0 with 2 min left in the second quarter. And down 7-6 at halftime gibbons went on to win 31-14. 

Coming into this years game Dillard is 1-1 coming off a solid upset over 8a power western while gibbons is coming in 0-2 having given up 90+ points in their first two games granted the competition was Stellar but gibbons also came into this year nationally ranked so most definitely not the start you wanted if your gibbons. 

Last time these two played at gibbons was 2012 Gibbons came in 7-0 and Dillard came in 4-3 long story short Dillard had gibbons on the rope leading by 4 with 20 seconds to go gibbons on a 4th and 2 with no time outs heaved up a prayer and the wr caught it out of bounds but the refs called touchdown end of game. 

How will this game play out idk but if Dillard is gonna win it’s gonna have to b out right because if it’s close the refs will assure gibbons win there is no way there gonna allow gibbons to go 0-3 dropping their 2 str8 at home.

1 hour ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

It’s two early for me to make my final prediction for this game but it’s not to early to talk about it. 

When these two teams met last year gibbons came in undefeated putting up an offensive clinic along the way Dillard on the other hand after starting 0-2 game in 2-2 And 35 point underdogs.

in that game Dillard found themselves up 6-0 at the end of 1 and up 6-0 with 2 min left in the second quarter. And down 7-6 at halftime gibbons went on to win 31-14. 

Coming into this years game Dillard is 1-1 coming off a solid upset over 8a power western while gibbons is coming in 0-2 having given up 90+ points in their first two games granted the competition was Stellar but gibbons also came into this year nationally ranked so most definitely not the start you wanted if your gibbons. 

Last time these two played at gibbons was 2012 Gibbons came in 7-0 and Dillard came in 4-3 long story short Dillard had gibbons on the rope leading by 4 with 20 seconds to go gibbons on a 4th and 2 with no time outs heaved up a prayer and the wr caught it out of bounds but the refs called touchdown end of game. 

How will this game play out idk but if Dillard is gonna win it’s gonna have to b out right because if it’s close the refs will assure gibbons win there is no way there gonna allow gibbons to go 0-3 dropping their 2 str8 at home.

You sure the score wasn’t 36-6? That was doing Hurricane Irma?

6 minutes ago, Cjm04 said:

Not sure I would call Western a power, they are a solid team, thats about as far as I would go with that.  Dillard does look better on both sides of the ball and should definitely be prepared to play the game.

I agree with that. Western is still out tryna probe themselves as well they shocked a lot of people with that 8-2 season they had last year and making it to the 3rd round but they are also still building their resume good thing is is if they run the table or atleast finishes 8-2 again that’s more points for Dillard being that western is 8a Right @ColumbiaHighFan2017class So with us with us winning district it can give us a favorable round one matchup

17 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

I agree with that. Western is still out tryna probe themselves as well they shocked a lot of people with that 8-2 season they had last year and making it to the 3rd round but they are also still building their resume good thing is is if they run the table or atleast finishes 8-2 again that’s more points for Dillard being that western is 8a Right @ColumbiaHighFan2017class So with us with us winning district it can give us a favorable round one matchup

Dillard best bet is be 1 or 2 seed

If they finish as 4 seed they will face the number 2 team in district 16 which would be a pretty bad matchup 

19 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

How do we get #1 or 2 seed

Rack up points in the playoff system by winning games 

Luckily outside of district 16 the districts aren't that strong, if you all go 9-1 or 10-0 then you should end up with 2 seed which will be huge

Odds are whoever wins district 16 will end up at 1 seed and face 8 seed

The 2nd and 3rd team will probably finish as 5 and 6 seed

This matters because as a 2 seed you wouldn't face a Miami team until round 2 meaning Dillard probably gets easiest matchup in 1st round as a district champion 

Then you get winner of 3/6 seed game so round 2 will be Dillard at home against 3rd best Miami team most likely 

So 2 seed probably gives easiest road to regional finals 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Rack up points in the playoff system by winning games 

Luckily outside of district 16 the districts aren't that strong, if you all go 9-1 or 10-0 then you should end up with 2 seed which will be huge

Odds are whoever wins district 16 will end up at 1 seed and face 8 seed

The 2nd and 3rd team will probably finish as 5 and 6 seed

This matters because as a 2 seed you wouldn't face a Miami team until round 2 meaning Dillard probably gets easiest matchup in 1st round as a district champion 

Then you get winner of 3/6 seed game so round 2 will be Dillard at home against 3rd best Miami team most likely 

So 2 seed probably gives easiest road to regional finals 

Well we can’t go 10-0 we already lost one so worst case scenario we lost at gibbons but win out to go 8-2 where would that put us? 

Because I honestly can’t see any game we would lose after gibbons ...we still have to play the games but most likely Dillard will be 8-2 or 9-1 baring no injuries.