Columbia vs Lee

DisabledAccount

Defeating Lee is truly an accomplishment for Columbia regardless of the score. Also, considering that Columbia has difficulty with Lee every season beating them is surely satisfying.

Next Friday Columbia's old nemesis comes to town. Both 4-0 but Madison hasn't played near the difficult schedule that Columbia has played.  However, that seems to be the situation every year yet Madison seems to have Columbia's number. What are the reasons that Madison seems to give Columbia such problems? Believe that Madison runs the Wing-T. Could that be one of the problems.

25 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Defeating Lee is truly an accomplishment for Columbia regardless of the score. Also, considering that Columbia has difficulty with Lee every season beating them is surely satisfying.

Next Friday Columbia's old nemesis comes to town. Both 4-0 but Madison hasn't played near the difficult schedule that Columbia has played.  However, that seems to be the situation every year yet Madison seems to have Columbia's number. What are the reasons that Madison seems to give Columbia such problems? Believe that Madison runs the Wing-T. Could that be one of the problems.

In last year game Madison scored 1 td from scrimmage in first half on a busted coverage

Their other first half scores came on 2 kickoffs and a safety when the holder snapped the ball out of the back of the endzone on a punt

Also remember Columbia played Lee 2 days earlier on the road while Madison played on the previous Saturday and got to rest starters in the blowout win over Williston 

This time around Columbia isn't going to be having a entire team fatigued and banged up with no practice between the previous game

However it does appear that Jordan Smith will likely not play next week but the backup we had did play well in second half against Lee but he just can't be as mobile as Jordan is,  but if he can protect the ball and make the safe throws we should be fine to make a statement against Madison County 

8 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

I was wrong on the Columbia / Lee. Seems like it will potentially be a rematch in the playoffs, especially with the issues that Bartram is having on defense. 

Well i did say back in summer after we played Bartram trail in spring game that Bartram wasn't as strong as last year so them struggling on defense doesn't surprise me but Oakleaf beating Bartram did

Oakleaf look much better this year

However based on what i saw I felt that the better team won last night and if they meet in playoffs which would be back in Lake City that Columbia would win again 

Sapp looked like a solid qb but he isn't Derrick Jones, not arm wise or mobility 

I expect Lee to beat Fletcher and likely be 5 seed so a rematch is very possible, i look forward to another round