Central Florida week 5 rankings

badbird

1. Wekiva  3-0 They have no real passing game.  Defense will have to carry them.  Next Up vs Olympia

2. Osceola 4-0 Demolished Winter Haven.  Maybe most complete team in area. Next up: Bye

3. Apopka 3-1 lost to Lakeland.  Very physical team.  If passing game continues to get better they could be a tough out even without Davis-Hamilton.  Next up at Boone

4. Edgewater 4-0 was up big on Ocoee and held on late.  Next up: Bye

5. West Orange 3-1 lost to Rockledge.  Games with Wekiva, Apopka and Jones on the horizon.   Next up at Cypress Creek

6. Jones 3-1 lost to Wekiva.  Wish they played better competition.  Too many cupcakes to get a real feel.  Next up at Forrest

7. Winter Park 3-1 lost to Wekiva.  In a stretch vs 5 weak opponents. Next up at Evans

8. Deland 3-1  lost to Mandarin. Offense struggled.  Can't keep big playing everyone.  Need to put together drives vs good teams.  Next up vs Pine Ridge

9. Seminole 3-1 lost to Deland.  Good win vs FPC.  Next up vs OC University

10. Lake Mary 2-1 lost to Godby.  Took Brantley to the woodshed.  Next up at Lyman

11. Mainland 2-2 lost to Deland and Bob Jones.  Good win vs Treasure Coast.  Next up vs DP

12. Lake Nona 3-1 lost to Winter Park.  High Scoring Offense.  Next up: Bye

13. Oviedo 2-1 lost to Winter Park.  Mitchell and Coffie two D1 skill players.  Next up vs Winter Springs

14. Boone 3-1 lost to Lake Nona.   Will the real Boone show up? Next up vs Apopka

15. Dr. Phillips 1-3 lost to Lee, West orange and Apopka.  Need to find an offensive identity.  Next up at Mainland

16. Bishop Moore 1-2 lost to Edgewater and Archbishop Spalding  Not flashy. Next up at South Sumter

How do you really know how good Edgewater is when their schedule is atrocious? 

Jones lost to Wekiva in a hard fought game. Edgewater most certainly would have to. 

Would Jones be ahead of Edgewater if they played some crap team and was 4-0 while Edgewater was sitting at 3-1 with a loss to Wekiva? 

I like to see who teams played and how they fared. I believe Jones has better results than Edgewater. The schedule is so bad that you won't know anything about them until the 2nd or 3rd round. Bishop Moore stinks. That's not a quality win. 

Jones, West O and Winter Park should all the be ahead of Edgewater imo 

18 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

How do you really know how good Edgewater is when their schedule is atrocious? 

Jones lost to Wekiva in a hard fought game. Edgewater most certainly would have to. 

Would Jones be ahead of Edgewater if they played some crap team and was 4-0 while Edgewater was sitting at 3-1 with a loss to Wekiva? 

I like to see who teams played and how they fared. I believe Jones has better results than Edgewater. The schedule is so bad that you won't know anything about them until the 2nd or 3rd round. Bishop Moore stinks. That's not a quality win. 

Jones, West O and Winter Park should all the be ahead of Edgewater imo 

I know it was a KOC but Edgewater beat Winter park by a running clock.  I can't rank WP ahead of Edgewater after watching that game until Edgewater loses.  I feel Winter park is playing better at the moment and might pick them if they played Edgewater today but I can't rank them ahead of them.  

5 hours ago, badbird said:

I know it was a KOC but Edgewater beat Winter park by a running clock.  I can't rank WP ahead of Edgewater after watching that game until Edgewater loses.  I feel Winter park is playing better at the moment and might pick them if they played Edgewater today but I can't rank them ahead of them.  

Either preseason games count toward rankings or they don't. Didn't Winter Park have a ton of guys out for the classic? 

You won't know one thing about Edgewater until the 2nd-3rd round of the playoffs 

20 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Either preseason games count toward rankings or they don't. Didn't Winter Park have a ton of guys out for the classic? 

You won't know one thing about Edgewater until the 2nd-3rd round of the playoffs 

they don't count as wins or losses but I was there and Edgewater was clearly the better team that night.  If it was a close score I would probably have WP ahead of Edgewater right now but they got beat like they were a red headed step child.  Winter Park was dealing with the drama of having transfers not be able to play.  I think one or two of them ended up getting cleared but those guys wouldn't have mattered that night.  Edgewater is good just not sure how good until round 2 against Lee or Columbia.  

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

they don't count as wins or losses but I was there and Edgewater was clearly the better team that night.  If it was a close score I would probably have WP ahead of Edgewater right now but they got beat like they were a red headed step child.  Winter Park was dealing with the drama of having transfers not be able to play.  I think one or two of them ended up getting cleared but those guys wouldn't have mattered that night.  Edgewater is good just not sure how good until round 2 against Lee or Columbia.  

Columbia will likely end up as number 1 seed in region the way things are going

My guess is unless they end up as a 4 seed we wouldn't play them until round 3