It’s finally here MC vs STA

954gator

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

People are acting like MC didnt just go on the road and play a national top 5 team to 5 OTs.  Including dominating the second half.   All this in the freezing rain lol.

Lol tell Dillard that.. I thought MC played them DC boyz really well.. Before that game I was like damn them DC boys are huge! Then game time came they handle it very well imo... 

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Lol tell Dillard that.. I thought MC played them DC boyz really well.. Before that game I was like damn them DC boys are huge! Then game time came they handle it very well imo... 

So we’re just gonna use the rain as a excuse for Mc the same could be said for SJ that they would have blown Mc out had it not been for the rain.

point blank period Mc out athlete sj which is what a lot of Dade County schools depend on ...they won’t out Athlete sta tho ..,hope I’m wrong 

2 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

So we’re just gonna use the rain as a excuse for Mc the same could be said for SJ that they would have blown Mc out had it not been for the rain.

point blank period Mc out athlete sj which is what a lot of Dade County schools depend on ...they won’t out Athlete sta tho ..,hope I’m wrong 

You definitely didn't see the game if you think MC made it a game because their athletes were better.  SJC is crazy athletic.   

Just now, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

I saw the entire game from start to finish 

even OT?   shit my feed cut off.   Hey I feel you I think this STA team is special.   I just don't think people can write off MC.   I mean we're talking about a team that had IMG on the ropes in the 4th last year.   

20 minutes ago, 954gator said:

even OT?   shit my feed cut off.   Hey I feel you I think this STA team is special.   I just don't think people can write off MC.   I mean we're talking about a team that had IMG on the ropes in the 4th last year.   

Img still won by double digits tho but yea I saw ot as well ...it’s easy to score wen ot puts u at the opponent 10-20 yard line.

as I was saying before I’m not sleeping on Mc I’ll be dumb af to do so u hope Mc beats the breaks off sta tbh 

10 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Ok you didn’t watch the game.. Mybad smh..

10 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

It’s funny MC runs the ball more then probably any other Dade County school but they just try to out athlete everybody else they play lol.... 

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

STA doesn't have the qb to blow MC out 

It will be close one way or the other

Miami Central took a much better Maryland team then the one STA played to the limit up there in DC 

Sta just blew our dematha whose probably better then st jons people are forgetting that one both those teams play in the same catholic district aka the toughest district in the nation 

3 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Sta just blew our dematha whose probably better then st jons people are forgetting that one both those teams play in the same catholic district aka the toughest district in the nation 

I call bull on that one

St John's will beat Dematha by double digits, much more complete team 

St John's wouldn't have gotten a goose egg on scoreboard against sta

8 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

And Servite plays in that Southern California conference with Centennial, St John Bosco and Mater Dei 

Does that mean they on the same level as those teams? 

I was extremely impressed by both teams in games I saw them play.  Miami Central was very disciplined in their game against St John's.  St John's is obviously a well-coached, disciplined team, like St Thomas.  Central will need a similar performance to beat STA.  From what I recall, Central did not rely upon big plays to hang in there.  They mixed up the run and pass with grinding drives.  Considering the poor weather, I thought their qb did an effective job.  And their defense was rock solid, if not spectacular at times.   Most importantly, they were very poised and showed maturity as a team. 

STA''s defense is outstanding.   They have the tools to contain any team and are absolutely loaded with individual talent.  It seems like it has become sport of some to pick on STA's offense in recent years.  They have playmakers (Carter and Rosemy) who can make things happen against an athletic Central defense.  Their qb is seasoned and smart (has a Harvard offer).  I'll take that combo every day.  They are so deep, too.  They have 3 RB's and 4 WR's they can throw at you.  Their O-line is big and seasoned.  This offense can wear you down.  And many of these kids have been playing together for a while.  Some think STA is loaded with transfers.  The truth is that most of their current players came up through the ranks, so they know how to play together. 

This has the makings of a fantastic matchup.  Forget all of the "they should have played when..."  Enjoy the game being played this week.  

3 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

It’s funny MC runs the ball more then probably any other Dade County school but they just try to out athlete everybody else they play lol.... 

You know,  I wanted Mc to run the ball alot more.  They were trying to throw a 20lb soaked ball way too much in those conditions IMO.  One drive in particular in OT Mc was like on the 7 yard line and tried to pass it and fumbled.  A FG woulda won it.

37 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Doubt they’re better than SJC.  SJC has a better O.   Dematha better hope they can run on SJC.