It’s finally here MC vs STA

954gator

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I don’t think they are bad though either.  Dematha went to Imhotep and beat them by much more than SJR did from Jersey. (team that was basically even with AHP)

A nationally elite team doesn't go and get goose egged on ESPN 

Ik STA defense is good but a nationally elite team finds a way to get something on the board regardless of the opponent

No defense is going to have complete shutdown every play, a nationally elite team finds a way to get a crease somewhere to at least have something on the scoreboard, Dematha didn't 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bishop Gorman beat Dematha last year and didn't De La Salle beat a very good Maryland team last year? 

So Dematha beat Miami Central and AHP in 2015.  I mean Dematha beat SJC twice in 2016.  I though you said Dematha wasn't elite this year.  When we talkin about?!

Just now, 954gator said:

So Dematha beat Miami Central and AHP in 2015.  You said this year.  I mean Dematha beat SJC twice in 2016.  When we talkin about?!

I'm going off what i saw with my own eyes,  Dematha isn't nationally elite this year 

Are they normally elite,  yes

Are they a powerhouse program, yes

Are they elite this year, IMO no based on what i saw against STA, nationally elite teams don't get goose egged

8 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Then u should kno dade teams especially are known for bomb after bomb after bomb not saying its 100 percent of their offense but 95% of it it they back up about a hundred yards and heave it lol

Not Booker T, Panther.  I remember games where Booker T used a devastating short passing game and relied upon their speed with YAC's.  ...am talking about historically, not necessarily this year.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Not Booker T, Panther.  I remember games where Booker T used a devastating short passing game and relied upon their speed with YAC's.  ...am talking about historically, not necessarily this year.

Right but it’s still relying on athletics but no. True coaching 

5 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Right but it’s still relying on athletics but no. True coaching 

It's not like STA isn't relying on athletes either

If they had a elite coaching staff they wouldn't have lost to 3 publics last year with as much d1 talent on that roster 

If dade don't have good coaching then neither does STA 

For anyone feeling charitable, apparently Asst Coach Gazzillo at St Thomas Aquinas needs some help.  He was a graduate asst at Penn St and head coach of 2 different south FL high schools.  He has spent about 20 years at St Thomas being mentored by George Smith, but doesn't have a clue how to coach elite players/teams.  Maybe someone out there could give him a call and some pointers. 

Oh, and just top be clear, I am being sarcastic...sarcastic as hell actually.:)    

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

But they did get goose egged on ESPN 42-0 this year.  Just saying.  

Yeah I'm aware 

They also lost to De La Salle after dominating them last year 

This Bishop Gorman isn't nationally elite like in past years 

I expect them to eventually rebound but lucky them they should at least blast their in state competition and win another state championship 

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

SMH man it's hard to root against Miami Central.   This game will be LIT!

Game of the decade !! Really smh ...this is like the 1,000th game of the decade this DECADE!! 

Ridicule me but this game is getting a little bit over hyped if u ask me ...this is not sta vs img or suen 

15 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Then u should kno dade teams especially are known for bomb after bomb after bomb not saying its 100 percent of their offense but 95% of it it they back up about a hundred yards and heave it lol

Then idk what your talking about cause it’s not bombs after bombs after bombs.. They run a route tree like every school those... They wouldn’t be no 1000 yard backs in Dade County if they do that... Don’t mistake catch and run for bombs all the time.. I tell you i see more bubble screens then “BOMBS”....

14 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's not like STA isn't relying on athletes either

If they had a elite coaching staff they wouldn't have lost to 3 publics last year with as much d1 talent on that roster 

If dade don't have good coaching then neither does STA 

Nah to Dillard he would consider STA having a down year...

15 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

So if your team is big and don’t have the speed as the other team but your advantage is your size what your gonna do as a coach to help you have the best chance to win? Your not making no sense... That year BTW beat STA was of great coach by the BTW staff and bad coaching by STA staff... BTW went 4 n 5 wide and force STA to go 3 down linemen and played zone .. I never seen a team force STA to do that.. Killed them boyz with the wheel route and the comebacks and the slants... STA wanted to stop RUNNING the rock while their rb was averaging literally 10 yards a pop.. But try to make their qb win the game... Bad coaching in ther part...

9 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

So if your team is big and don’t have the speed as the other team but your advantage is your size what your gonna do as a coach to help you have the best chance to win? Your not making no sense... That year BTW beat STA was of great coach by the BTW staff and bad coaching by STA staff... BTW went 4 n 5 wide and force STA to go 3 down linemen and played zone .. I never seen a team force STA to do that.. Killed them boyz with the wheel route and the comebacks and the slants... STA wanted to stop RUNNING the rock while their rb was averaging literally 10 yards a pop.. But try to make their qb win the game... Bad coaching in ther part...

Zoe Boy,  my comment to Panther earlier was simply to demonstrate that not all Dade teams just throw the ball up with a prayer and rely upon athleticism to catch it. As an example, one of my favorite games of the modern era was the BTW vs Armwood state semi in 2004, which I attended at Armwood.  BTW had very good athletes and they also had a coach at the time (Ice Harris) who figured out how to use them most effectively.  

Washington was still pretty new on the FL playoff scene and Harris introduced a game plan that was very calculated...and exciting to watch.  It was a coaching duel between two great coaches...Callahan and Harris.  That Armwood team was incredible.  Their defense was lights out...very physical and pretty fast for the time.  Washington was the only one to get close to them in the playoff that year and should have beat them.

Even with the fantastic athletes Washington had then, they were not going to "outathlete" that Armwood defense.  Washington had a very balanced attack and a great game plan that allowed them to nearly win that game.  So, yes south FL has some extraordinary athletes, but over the years they have also had extraordinary coaches, too.  And I think coaching is going to become even more important today because with the rise of the Orlando area teams, Miami teams are not going to simply blow them away with speed and athleticism.

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Zoe Boy,  my comment to Panther earlier was simply to demonstrate that not all Dade teams just throw the ball up with a prayer and rely upon athleticism to catch it. As an example, one of my favorite games of the modern era was the BTW vs Armwood state semi in 2004, which I attended at Armwood.  BTW had very good athletes and they also had a coach at the time (Ice Harris) who figured out how to use them most effectively.  

Washington was still pretty new on the FL playoff scene and Harris introduced a game plan that was very calculated...and exciting to watch.  It was a coaching duel between two great coaches...Callahan and Harris.  That Armwood team was incredible.  Their defense was lights out...very physical and pretty fast for the time.  Washington was the only one to get close to them in the playoff that year and should have beat them.

Even with the fantastic athletes Washington had then, they were not going to "outathlete" that Armwood defense.  Washington had a very balanced attack and a great game plan that allowed them to nearly win that game.  So, yes south FL has some extraordinary athletes, but over the years they have also had extraordinary coaches, too.  And I think coaching is going to become even more important today because with the rise of the Orlando area teams, Miami teams are not going to simply blow them away with speed and athleticism.

Oh no I agree with you I was replying to Dillard..