It’s finally here MC vs STA

954gator

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

Nah to Dillard he would consider STA having a down year...

A team with over 20 d1 players having down year and losing to 3 teams who have at least half the d1 talent and that's being conservative, probably a even deeper separation of talent 

Please tell me I'm not only one who sees the questionable logic there

STA in a "down" year still has more talent then probably 90% or more of the teams in the nation have in their good years 

So since some say their coaching is great then i would like to know what caused them to lose those games

It's obviously not talent and if it isn't coaching then people better start explaining what the hell was the issue

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

A team with over 20 d1 players having down year and losing to 3 teams who have at least half the d1 talent and that's being conservative, probably a even deeper separation of talent 

Please tell me I'm not only one who sees the questionable logic there

STA in a "down" year still has more talent then probably 90% or more of the teams in the nation have in their good years 

So since some say their coaching is great then i would like to know what caused them to lose those games

It's obviously not talent and if it isn't coaching then people better start explaining what the hell was the issue

Their not unbeatable and when they do play teams that’s even got half the talent (on paper) it would be a dawg fight or a possible lost... Schools like MC , Deerfield , Miramar, MNW Booker T and others look to playing STA cause they get that praise and plus they not scared of STA... A lot of schools not scared of them I would say down here .. As the past few loses they sufferd was the enept offense qb play they have been getting n tomorrow night the best qb on the field is gonna be on the MC side..

The only people who normally have all of the facts as to why an organization of any type fails in its mission is the people directly involved in that mission. And I find that they will sometimes discuss their failures with people who appear trustworthy and approach them in a humble manner....not those who want to know "What the hell did you to screw that up so badly? I'd like to know so I can go share it over the internet." 

20 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Their not unbeatable and when they do play teams that’s even got half the talent (on paper) it would be a dawg fight or a possible lost... Schools like MC , Deerfield , Miramar, MNW Booker T and others look to playing STA cause they get that praise and plus they not scared of STA... A lot of schools not scared of them I would say down here .. As the past few loses they sufferd was the enept offense qb play they have been getting n tomorrow night the best qb on the field is gonna be on the MC side..

Yes perhaps the qb play did hurt them in recent losses

My question is though is when you are loaded at every other spot on the field how does the coach not manage to change things up and work around those weaknesses 

IMG for example is not always the best passing team yet they don't lose to 3 publics in same year

IMG and STA have very similar level of talent on paper, so I'm wondering how does one beat even better schools then the 3 publics that beat sta last year even when they don't have this great passing game

Outside of that question I agree with everything you just said Zoeboy and it seems you know a lot about Dade teams and how they look at someone like STA 

Is there something specific that gives Dade a edge over them?

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yes perhaps the qb play did hurt them in recent losses

My question is though is when you are loaded at every other spot on the field how does the coach not manage to change things up and work around those weaknesses 

IMG for example is not always the best passing team yet they don't lose to 3 publics in same year

IMG and STA have very similar level of talent on paper, so I'm wondering how does one beat even better schools then the 3 publics that beat sta last year even when they don't have this great passing game

Outside of that question I agree with everything you just said Zoeboy and it seems you know a lot about Dade teams and how they look at someone like STA 

Is there something specific that gives Dade a edge over them?

The thing is STA might be loaded at positions but it don’t be the best of the best players... To me the edge that the Dade kids have is they don’t see the star rated crap... to them the feel like they all are 5 stars even tho it don’t show on paper... Theve been like that since Lil league... STA has does type of players too , all of sfla is like that imo...

8 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

So if your team is big and don’t have the speed as the other team but your advantage is your size what your gonna do as a coach to help you have the best chance to win? Your not making no sense... That year BTW beat STA was of great coach by the BTW staff and bad coaching by STA staff... BTW went 4 n 5 wide and force STA to go 3 down linemen and played zone .. I never seen a team force STA to do that.. Killed them boyz with the wheel route and the comebacks and the slants... STA wanted to stop RUNNING the rock while their rb was averaging literally 10 yards a pop.. But try to make their qb win the game... Bad coaching in ther part...

I was at that game as well and I agree but I’m not talking about just that game bruh bruh I’ve been playing football all my life fam I’ve played against North Miami ..at fiu north field I’ve played against norland ..and etc and when I wasn’t playing I was at the games. Dade has been known for heave it down field central.!! Sure 100 percent of their plays isn’t down field but u can guarantee their throwing atleast 10-15 bombs a game. If u closely look at all the dade power house qbs they all look and play the same ...that 10 step drop back scan the field ...heave it ..toss it or run it I’ve seen it for years and many teams they faced have gotten killed by it shit Dillard has gotten killed by it numerous of times.

7 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Zoe Boy,  my comment to Panther earlier was simply to demonstrate that not all Dade teams just throw the ball up with a prayer and rely upon athleticism to catch it. As an example, one of my favorite games of the modern era was the BTW vs Armwood state semi in 2004, which I attended at Armwood.  BTW had very good athletes and they also had a coach at the time (Ice Harris) who figured out how to use them most effectively.  

Washington was still pretty new on the FL playoff scene and Harris introduced a game plan that was very calculated...and exciting to watch.  It was a coaching duel between two great coaches...Callahan and Harris.  That Armwood team was incredible.  Their defense was lights out...very physical and pretty fast for the time.  Washington was the only one to get close to them in the playoff that year and should have beat them.

Even with the fantastic athletes Washington had then, they were not going to "outathlete" that Armwood defense.  Washington had a very balanced attack and a great game plan that allowed them to nearly win that game.  So, yes south FL has some extraordinary athletes, but over the years they have also had extraordinary coaches, too.  And I think coaching is going to become even more important today because with the rise of the Orlando area teams, Miami teams are not going to simply blow them away with speed and athleticism.

Which again is why I said in south Florida we have a lot of speed and athleticism...but NO COACHING!! of course it can look like we have coaching wen we’re playing other schools with just as bad or mediocre coaching but what about when u face a power house out of the state with athletes and coaching 

42 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

I was at that game as well and I agree but I’m not talking about just that game bruh bruh I’ve been playing football all my life fam I’ve played against North Miami ..at fiu north field I’ve played against norland ..and etc and when I wasn’t playing I was at the games. Dade has been known for heave it down field central.!! Sure 100 percent of their plays isn’t down field but u can guarantee their throwing atleast 10-15 bombs a game. If u closely look at all the dade power house qbs they all look and play the same ...that 10 step drop back scan the field ...heave it ..toss it or run it I’ve seen it for years and many teams they faced have gotten killed by it shit Dillard has gotten killed by it numerous of times.

Ok you definitely don’t know what your talking about man and what game you were at? The BTW vs STA game at traz?

42 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Which again is why I said in south Florida we have a lot of speed and athleticism...but NO COACHING!! of course it can look like we have coaching wen we’re playing other schools with just as bad or mediocre coaching but what about when u face a power house out of the state with athletes and coaching 

They still be losing... Years ago BTW went to Texas n play a very skilled athletic I believe was Copple High school I believe...... Anyway BTW won the game with a well balanced running and passing attack... So you telling me the only way a sfla team or a fla team when oos is by out athletes the other team? 

8 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Ok you definitely don’t know what your talking about man and what game you were at? The BTW vs STA game at traz?

Mc vs btw Mc vs mnw mnw vs cc ..sta at booker t booker t at sta ...etc ...Wym ion kno wat I’m talking bout I been around dade football all my life from lil league to high school to even going to the games on my own ..which is how we linked up at the AHP vs Booker t game I believe a few years back 

11 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

They still be losing... Years ago BTW went to Texas n play a very skilled athletic I believe was Copple High school I believe...... Anyway BTW won the game with a well balanced running and passing attack... So you telling me the only way a sfla team or a fla team when oos is by out athletes the other team? 

Most times it do be because of our speed not saying coaching doesn’t come into play at all but most times it’s cuz we were just faster and more athletic. Look at that Mc Grayson game Mc came in nationally ranked and Grayson tore Mc up 35-3 and Mc came out and admitted they were out coached. 

3 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Most times it do be because of our speed not saying coaching doesn’t come into play at all but most times it’s cuz we were just faster and more athletic. Look at that Mc Grayson game Mc came in nationally ranked and Grayson tore Mc up 35-3 and Mc came out and admitted they were out coached. 

Out coach meaning they played against a offense that they rarely played n with a few turnovers MC had and MC was a very young team that year.. That was after freeman and Kato graduated... They lost to a better season team that ran a weird ass offense...

9 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Mc vs btw Mc vs mnw mnw vs cc ..sta at booker t booker t at sta ...etc ...Wym ion kno wat I’m talking bout I been around dade football all my life from lil league to high school to even going to the games on my own ..which is how we linked up at the AHP vs Booker t game I believe a few years back 

Yes we met at thatBTW vs AHP game but how many other Dade games not involving Dillard you been too?

3 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yes we met at thatBTW vs AHP game but how many other Dade games not involving Dillard you been too?

Bruhhh every game I just mentioned was dade games not involving Dillard I’m a football fanatic all around not just a former Dillard player and supporter. Over the years I’ve been to over 50+ dade games from the late 90s all the way up until 2017 

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

Cedar Hill 2012 they won 41-20.   Cedar Hill lost to Katy in the finals of D2 playoffs 35-24 that year. 

1 hour ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Bruhhh every game I just mentioned was dade games not involving Dillard I’m a football fanatic all around not just a former Dillard player and supporter. Over the years I’ve been to over 50+ dade games from the late 90s all the way up until 2017 

Ok....

11 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Ok....

U asked  lol wat u mean ok....all I said was that dade is known for being “heave it central” never said their playbook haven’t evolved or that in maybe a few games they didn’t run more. All of that can b accurate it still doesn’t take away tho that they look to go deep almost every other play 

10 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

U asked  lol wat u mean ok....all I said was that dade is known for being “heave it central” never said their playbook haven’t evolved or that in maybe a few games they didn’t run more. All of that can b accurate it still doesn’t take away tho that they look to go deep almost every other play 

Watch the BTW highlights above.   That offense was surgical precision.   You can't paint a masterpiece without a QB though.   Sometimes you just don't have them.   

This is why Carol City is looking like Picasso right now.   They had 40 in the first Q tonight lol.

26 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Watch the BTW highlights above.   That offense was surgical precision.   You can't paint a masterpiece without a QB though.   Sometimes you just don't have them.   

This is why Carol City is looking like Picasso right now.   They had 40 in the first Q tonight lol.

Which is sad at the low parity of good football in Florida ain’t no way in hell smh 

10 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

That’s a false statement but that’s your opinion.... I seen more balance offense especially when you have a lot of RB’s that went to D1 schools from Dade and qbs and schools that had balance attack for you to say Dade County is know for heave it Central that I can’t believe you went to more then 50 games and watch a lot of Dade County games... Like I said it’s your opinion...

4 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

That’s a false statement but that’s your opinion.... I seen more balance offense especially when you have a lot of RB’s that went to D1 schools from Dade and qbs and schools that had balance attack for you to say Dade County is know for heave it Central that I can’t believe you went to more then 50 games and watch a lot of Dade County games... Like I said it’s your opinion...

Sounds like Aquinas' secondary better be ready for lots of bombs tonight Zoe Boy:)  LOL