Columbia vs Trinity Christian

DisabledAccount

3 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

How does trinity compare to the rest of 5A ? Since they beat the 1# 7A team!!

I've watched the last part of this game and some of the TCA vs Braden River. TCA has some serious size in the trenches and overall team speed is there.  In both games, TCA came from behind to win. You are probably the favorite to win 5a north at this point. Until someone shows they can do it, AHP is the team in 5a south.

9 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I know, I just feel the need to constantly remind people that the old system doesn't stop what seemed like a great game from being scheduled which was one of the reasons why people said that the new system was better. 

Not me,  i said it was better because we finally have a actual playoff seeding and not some archaic flip every year bullshit 

2 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

I've watched the last part of this game and some of the TCA vs Braden River. TCA has some serious size in the trenches and overall team speed is there.  In both games, TCA came from behind to win. You are probably the favorite to win 5a north at this point. Until someone shows they can do it, AHP is the team in 5a south.

We might finally get an AHP  TCA final this year 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not me,  i said it was better because we finally have a actual playoff seeding and not some archaic flip every year bullshit 

I'm glad to see the district champ vs district runner up format gone. That format often created two strong teams meeting in the early rounds and the 3rd or 4th round being a blowout. Also glad to see fewer teams with losing records in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We did lose and we are moving on

One loss won't define this team,  we still can't clinch a district championship and likely top seed in region with a win over Atlantic Coast and Fletcher 

Being undefeated has never been a goal at Columbia, winning a title is 

In fact only 2 of the 8 state champions last year were undefeated 

1a Madison County and 5a AHP 

2a champs Champagnat lost oos

3a champs Chaminade lost few in state games

4a champs Raines lost to Lee 

6a champs Miami Northwestern lost to IMG and Norland 

7a champs Venice lost to IMG 

8a champs Dr Phillips lost to someone (i think apopka or wekiva) 

One loss doesn’t matter as long as you guys are ready for the playoffs! Even the best of the best have to take an L sometimes, just ask me how I felt about Venice losing to Vero Beach this year and IMG last year lol. Good luck! 

27 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Sounds like it was a great game. Trinity almost blew it with the penalties but they might have enough talent to get away with it in 5A though.

We probably blew it with 3 straight drives ending in turnovers to open 2nd half 

Got to clean that up but if we do we will be fine

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia played for the win on a 2pt conversion and fell inches short

Tough loss but if anyone thinks we are garbage we will rebound, we will redeem this and we won't back down

Still a long season and we will fight our ass off

This loss doesn't end our drive to the goal that matters

Undefeated and being number 1 in FL was never our goal,  winning district and getting to Orlando is and this loss doesn't prevent that from happening 

Columbia lost the game because of its play at the start of the second half. No shame in the loss and I am still going to make the Fletcher game. Trinity is a very good team, and losses do happen.

Apopka's three state titles have come when the team had 1, 2 and 4 losses  during the regular season. We have never won state as District Champion for some odd reason. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Columbia lost the game because of its play at the start of the second half. No shame in the loss and I am still going to make the Fletcher game. Trinity is a very good team, and losses do happen.

Apopka's three state titles have come when the team had 1, 2 and 4 losses  during the regular season. We have never won state as District Champion for some odd reason. 

2 things

1 for sure bring a stadium chair along because i sat on the metal bleachers for Suwannee game and by the 4th quarter it hurt so much i was just standing because it was more comfortable 

2 idk how your schedule is but i would advise being there relatively early for that game,  it's homecoming so it will be packed more than normal and it will be packed earlier than normal 

If your schedule permits i would advise being there at stadium between 6:30 and 6:45 so the line to get in and parking won't be too bad and you won't have to climb over people to get to seat

6 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

NM

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

2 things

1 for sure bring a stadium chair along because i sat on the metal bleachers for Suwannee game and by the 4th quarter it hurt so much i was just standing because it was more comfortable 

2 idk how your schedule is but i would advise being there relatively early for that game,  it's homecoming so it will be packed more than normal and it will be packed earlier than normal 

If your schedule permits i would advise being there at stadium between 6:30 and 6:45 so the line to get in and parking won't be too bad and you won't have to climb over people to get to seat

I will be in Lake City by 5:00 pm. May grab dinner at a local establishment then head over to the school.

When I am not familiar with a place, I get there early. As to the other stuff, I am a tough old geezer, but I may take your advice. 

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I will be in Lake City by 5:00 pm. May grab dinner at a local establishment then head over to the school.

When I am not familiar with a place, I get there early. As to the other stuff, I am a tough old geezer, but I may take your advice. 

If you let me know what kind of food you like I'll give you some options to consider 

If there's one thing Lake City has plenty of it's chain restaurants 

Columbia needs to be the hype man/coach for his team.  

Beginning of the season:  We are going undefeated and winning the championship.  No one can stop us

Middle of the season:  One loss will not define us.  Our goal was never an undefeated season. We still have every thing to play for and will use this loss to motivate us to Orlando and kick some ass.

End of season:  Guys we were better than them and should have won.  This shit can't happen next year.  We have to hit the weight room asap.  Then in the summer hit the 7 on 7 circuit and claim a state title in the off season so we are ready to take on all comers in 2019.

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

Columbia needs to be the hype man/coach for his team.  

Beginning of the season:  We are going undefeated and winning the championship.  No one can stop us

Middle of the season:  One loss will not define us.  Our goal was never an undefeated season. We still have every thing to play for and will use this loss to motivate us to Orlando and kick some ass.

End of season:  Guys we were better than them and should have won.  This shit can't happen next year.  We have to hit the weight room asap.  Then in the summer hit the 7 on 7 circuit and claim a state title in the off season so we are ready to take on all comers in 2019.

I would like a undefeated season but if we going to take a loss at some point rather it be now than later

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

I've tried to tell you for 2 years sometimes it's better to lose and you argued with me now after a loss what are you saying lol

I probably didn't read it clearly then because I've never cared about undefeated season 

Just a district and state title

Now I'm not ok with losing a rivalry game but losing to Trinity is something i can accept