Some Love for Deerfield Beach?

OldSchoolLion

I find it interesting that Trinity Christian is ranked ahead of Deerfield in our poll.  Deerfield traveled to Buford GA and beat them, beat OOS Westlake(a team that took nationally-ranked Grayson to the wire), and shut down Chaminade.  Their defense has been lights out, not allowing more than 16 points in a game.

Trinity Christian has beaten 1-3 Palm Beach Lakes, 1-3 Ribault, 0-4 Parker, 2-2 Bolles and 3-1 Braden River.  Despite having a significant home field advantage against Braden River, they did not dominate them and allowed 22 points(27-22 final score and BR was up at halftime).

In terms of potential and talent on paper, Deerfield is as good as it gets except for IMG and St Thomas.  And in terms of strength of schedule, DB's schedule is far ahead of Trinity.  In a heads-up matchup between the two today, I would find it difficult to bet against Deerfield.  

6 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In terms of potential and talent on paper, Deerfield is as good as it gets except for IMG and St Thomas.  And in terms of strength of schedule, DB's schedule is far ahead of Trinity.  In a heads-up matchup between the two today, I would find it difficult to bet against Deerfield.  

I would love to see DB make it to Camping World. DB versus an area team would make for a good title game. 

When did they ever stop getting love. Do we suppose to praise they rump every second of the day .!!??? 

Lol hahahahahaha jk jk...but in all seriousness Deerfield has the team to win it all they most def proved me wrong against Buford. But all in all will they win it all is the HUGE question..Deerfield can’t do anything this regular season they haven’t done before they’ve gone undefeated they’ve beat st Thomas at home convincingly and by a little so it’s not even about the regular season it’s what they do come nov and beyond.

a lost at any point from nov on is a failure on their part and until they get past that hudle their just regualr season champions.

6 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

When did they ever stop getting love. Do we suppose to praise they rump every second of the day .!!??? 

Lol hahahahahaha jk jk...but in all seriousness Deerfield has the team to win it all they most def proved me wrong against Buford. But all in all will they win it all is the HUGE question..Deerfield can’t do anything this regular season they haven’t done before they’ve gone undefeated they’ve beat st Thomas at home convincingly and by a little so it’s not even about the regular season it’s what they do come nov and beyond.

a lost at any point from nov on is a failure on their part and until they get past that hudle their just regualr season champions.

u jus jealous cuz you want all da luv

Image result for panther love

6 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

When DB went undefeated in the regular season in 2013, they beat STA, but also gave up 20 or more points to Monarch, Taravella and Douglas...red flags for the postseason.

When they made the state semis in 2007, DB gave up 20 or more points to Dillard:blink:, Coconut Creek, Boyd Anderson and STA during the regular season...again red flags for the postseason.

In 2016 and 2017, DB got spanked in OOS games, but won this year.  If (huge "if") they beat STA and continue to play defense like they have, it bodes well for them later on, considering they already held Buford, Chaminade and Westlake(GA) under 20. 

Defense typically wins state championships.    

17 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

When DB went undefeated in the regular season in 2013, they beat STA, but also gave up 20 or more points to Monarch, Taravella and Douglas...red flags for the postseason.

When they made the state semis in 2007, DB gave up 20 or more points to Dillard:blink:, Coconut Creek, Boyd Anderson and STA during the regular season...again red flags for the postseason.

In 2016 and 2017, DB got spanked in OOS games, but won this year.  If (huge "if") they beat STA and continue to play defense like they have, it bodes well for them later on, considering they already held Buford, Chaminade and Westlake(GA) under 20. 

Defense typically wins state championships.    

I agree but u said in 2007 they gave up 20 or more to us along with others ..speaking for Dillard tho do u know how good we was that year if it wasn’t for being in the same class with at the time national champion sta we probably would have another title in this era so giving up 20 or more to us especially that year wasn’t a bad thing 

8 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

I agree but u said in 2007 they gave up 20 or more to us along with others ..speaking for Dillard tho do u know how good we was that year if it wasn’t for being in the same class with at the time national champion sta we probably would have another title in this era so giving up 20 or more to us especially that year wasn’t a bad thing 

So STA stop y’all from winning a chip those years? If that was the mentality Dillard had playing against STA then y’all lost before the season started... I highly doubted Dillard players thought like that (I hope not) but if they did that shows you the difference between Dillard and DFB and Miramar’s and Dad schools...

28 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

So STA stop y’all from winning a chip those years? If that was the mentality Dillard had playing against STA then y’all lost before the season started... I highly doubted Dillard players thought like that (I hope not) but if they did that shows you the difference between Dillard and DFB and Miramar’s and Dad schools...

Zoe Boy...I think there was an advantage before computers and polls got a lot of press.  STA had some great teams with great talent back in the 1980's and got beat by Broward teams...and not just DB and Miramar.  I would not be surprised if kids today get completely psyched out reading all the hype. 

Back in the day, you might here about one good player from a team and you sure as heck didn't know how many "stars" the players on the other team had.  It could be a struggle to get game films for a playoff.  And when the game was over, kids didn't spend the next week gloating on twitter about how they beat the #23 team in the state. 

Kids just showed up and played whoever was on the other side of the field.  I saw games between teams that were absolute mismatches on paper, but I swear because the kids did not know any better they played just like it was "some other team."  That is the mentality kids need to today.    

12 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

I was on the squad with Dillard that year Zoe I graduated in 2011 ...no we didn’t go

into the year thinking like that but we knew what nationally ranked team with a national championship the year before was in our way. 

To beat the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE NATION!!! especially in the playoffs u have to have a hell of a coaching staff some mf ballers on both sides atleast 3 deep and a little bit of luck. And on top of that we played on the road. 

Not many teams could have or would have pulled that off which is why they were the 2 time defending national champion.

9 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

I was on the squad with Dillard that year Zoe I graduated in 2011 ...no we didn’t go

into the year thinking like that but we knew what nationally ranked team with a national championship the year before was in our way. 

To beat the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE NATION!!! especially in the playoffs u have to have a hell of a coaching staff some mf ballers on both sides atleast 3 deep and a little bit of luck. And on top of that we played on the road. 

Not many teams could have or would have pulled that off which is why they were the 2 time defending national champion.

Y’all played STA in 2011 In the season and playoffs and in 2007 how good were you guys? 

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Y’all played STA in 2011 In the season and playoffs and in 2007 how good were you guys? 

2011 sta wasn’t in our district ... we was in the district with Hallandale gibbons heritage and pompano ...2011 we were terrible we didn’t even make the playoffs.

in 2007 we were top 10 Florida good but probably about top 75 nationally good. A lot of teams we would have and could have beat if we faced em but those sta teams during those times was special.

4 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

2011 sta wasn’t in our district ... we was in the district with Hallandale gibbons heritage and pompano ...2011 we were terrible we didn’t even make the playoffs.

in 2007 we were top 10 Florida good but probably about top 75 nationally good. A lot of teams we would have and could have beat if we faced em but those sta teams during those times was special.

But y’all had 3 L’s that year to Cypress Bay, DFB, and BA n then the lost to STA in the playoffs . So I’m trying to understand who y’all would of beaten that year?

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

But y’all had 3 L’s that year to Cypress Bay, DFB, and BA n then the lost to STA in the playoffs . So I’m trying to understand who y’all would of beaten that year?

The same Deerfield that’s lost at states to Miami northwestern 

the same Boyd Anderson team that went 9-1 in the regular season and lost in the third round 

and cypress bay the same team that went 9-1 that year and their only lost was to Deerfield and cypress bay went to the regional finals where they lost to your  pioneers ...that year all our loses was close loses and to top competition.

our schedule wasn’t weak by far and the year after that we went 8-2 in the regular season and met sta in round two again. So what your tryna say ? U said who we were gonna beat all cuz u saw we had 3 loses regualr season but did u see who they were against ??

thats like saying Miami central went into the playoffs wit 2 loses and u say who are they suppose to beat being that they were beaten twice already ...I would rather have a lost or two playing solid competition vs coming in undefeated with no experience playing teams just as good as u.

14 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

The same Deerfield that’s lost at states to Miami northwestern 

the same Boyd Anderson team that went 9-1 in the regular season and lost in the third round 

and cypress bay the same team that went 9-1 that year and their only lost was to Deerfield and cypress bay went to the regional finals where they lost to your  pioneers ...that year all our loses was close loses and to top competition.

our schedule wasn’t weak by far and the year after that we went 8-2 in the regular season and met sta in round two again. So what your tryna say ? U said who we were gonna beat all cuz u saw we had 3 loses regualr season but did u see who they were against ??

thats like saying Miami central went into the playoffs wit 2 loses and u say who are they suppose to beat being that they were beaten twice already ...I would rather have a lost or two playing solid competition vs coming in undefeated with no experience playing teams just as good as u.

First tgat was NMB Chargers not my pioneers.. Second DFB didn’t lost at state to the West... 3rd your comparing y’all to a Miami Central losing 2 games playing stiffer competition in a season.. I’ll give you cypress bay which they were good around that time but don’t make it seem like those other teams was world beaters cause Dillard lost to them... So saying STA stop y’all from getting to State is BS cause y’all couldn’t beat teams that was on y’all level or just a lil bit better then y’all... I was coaching around that time for Broward county school and had my coaching pass to get in free games... Since the head coach we coach with played for art went went to Ely games also just cause if we wasn’t going to other teams we were gonna play to scout them...