Why Vero Beach will win states this year

VeniceIndianFan

1. Their defense is crazy this year, holding Venice, Centennial, and Pahokee to only a combined 55 points, and all of those games were on the road too.

2. Vero Beach returns a veteran offense along with most of the o line man and 2 exceptional wide receivers with one hell of a quarterback too. Their running game has also improved a lot since their game against Venice.

3. Confidence doesn’t seem to be a problem for them this year, it seems they have the hunger that was lacking last year.

4. Riverview is not as good as they were this year, so I think they are not a significant threat to Vero this year. Osceola also doesn’t impress me.

5. They will be at home for the first 2 or 3 rounds of the playoffs.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Vero has not been terribly successful running the ball...

Venice-22 carries for 48 yards 

Dr Krop 15 carries for 77 yards

Pahokee 26 carries for 78 yards

Centennial 29 carries for 70 yards

I cannot see them winning a state title without more consistent balance on offense.  If they make it to the state final, I suspect they will face a very tough defense that will pin their ears back if Vero is one dimensional.  

12 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I cannot see them winning a state title without more consistent balance on offense.  If they make it to the state final, I suspect they will face a very tough defense that will pin their ears back if Vero is one dimensional.  

Yes and no. Despite not having good numbers rushing they have been trying  to get the ground game running poor efficiency has been a cause but also penalties. They had some big plays come back for calls which would have helped our numbers and also its was more so a “who’s gonna be the best option” at first with no clear view at the beginning of the season if we had a workhorse so the line really never got a chance to come together in the offseason and mesh to see what style running back they’d be blocking for, as we know different backs have different  styles of running which requires a different style of blocking despite the same plays being called.  I think the second half with Primus-Winston being the “bell cow” they will improve knowing how he runs. Not to mention they don’t have a by week until later this season so it wasn’t like they could install anything earlier. I have faith they’ll get the running game better, as I believe the coaches want to have it as a bigger part of the game plans.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

1. Their defense is crazy this year, holding Venice, Centennial, and Pahokee to only a combined 55 points, and all of those games were on the road too.

2. Vero Beach returns a veteran offense along with most of the o line man and 2 exceptional wide receivers with one hell of a quarterback too. Their running game has also improved a lot since their game against Venice.

3. Confidence doesn’t seem to be a problem for them this year, it seems they have the hunger that was lacking last year.

4. Riverview is not as good as they were this year, so I think they are not a significant threat to Vero this year. Osceola also doesn’t impress me.

The O-line is pretty much all new from last season, the Viera KOC game was evident of that, the line play was abysmal, but they are improving. Pahokee’s D line ran roughshod on them, though.

i think you may see Vero lose possibly this week or next (more likely.) After the Centennial game their sideline looked like a war zone with many starters down due to injury. I don’t know how many of those injured players will be back this week, but both Westwood and a big physical Treasure Coast team will come into the game after a bye week. Having played 9 games straight, Vero may very well limp into their bye during week 10.

42 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Their not winning states this year trust me, running game is suspect and we have to rely on Harris or Cuff to score for us,  there is like 5 ways you can beat Vero this year 

4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The O-line is pretty much all new from last season, the Viera KOC game was evident of that, the line play was abysmal, but they are improving. Pahokee’s D line ran roughshod on them, though.

i think you may see Vero lose possibly this week or next (more likely.) After the Centennial game their sideline looked like a war zone with many starters down due to injury. I don’t know how many of those injured players will be back this week, but both Westwood and a big physical Treasure Coast team will come into the game after a bye week. Having played 9 games straight, Vero may very well limp into their bye during week 10.

I think we finish out the rest of the regular season undefeated but I can't see us making it past the second round of the playoffs 

12 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

I'm frfr we play certain teams and put 40 sum on em who been to states already and they claim we going cuz we beat them.... They just don't wanna say that they lost to a 2nd round loser 

That’s not it bro I wholeheartedly believe Vero Beach is going to win states this year 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If standings stay the same they will play DP in the second round who's offense is looking a little shaky but there defense will get after Veros Qb so that will still be a tough game for Vero. 

If they do make it past that they will probably run into Osceola, who even tho doesn't impress you has been playing lights out and has three things Vero struggles with:

1. A good running game with multiple backs who can take it the distance at any time.

2. A mobile QB, who Vero always struggles with as we seen how Viera's mobile QB torched there defense in the classic.

3. A really good D-line that will get to the QB.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:15 PM, Floridatech said:

Why do you doubt your team so much? Earlier in the year, back when your icon was green and your name was FloTech, you said that Vero Beach would comfortably beat Mainland because they returned 75 percent of the offense. Mainland is a pretty damn good team from what I’ve heard, and if you guys can face them, why do you think Riverview or Osceola would knock you guys out of the playoffs? It just doesn’t make any sense to me.

40 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Why do you doubt your team so much? Earlier in the year, back when your icon was green and your name was FloTech, you said that Vero Beach would comfortably beat Mainland because they returned 75 percent of the offense. Mainland is a pretty damn good team from what I’ve heard, and if you guys can face them, why do you think Riverview or Osceola would knock you guys out of the playoffs? It just doesn’t make any sense to me.

I know my teams limit.......

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What position did you play in 2013?  Is this the only year you have played football?  Curious as to how you know how to beat VB?  They look decent to me....but then again what do I know?  

Go back and look at our schedules that we've been playing for the last 10 plus yrs not just coach J era but before then and compare them to the teams we lose to in the playoffs