Will FSU Finish with a Losing Record in Regular Season?

OldSchoolLion

They should have ended up with a losing record last year, but yes Clemson, Notre Dame, Florida will win their games without a doubt. I am not buying that this FSU will have the focus or energy to beat  NC State (who will lose two of their next games) or Boston College (who is an above average team). The only thing that should give FSU hope is the UF and BC games are at Doak. 

Its possible... I am 36.. . I remember probably as far back as 88 watching football (I remember the ND title game my cousin Karl Mcgill was on that team).

With that said.  Who on here can say they have NEVER in their life time seen their team have a losing season????  I can... Well maybe not now.. But hey for all you canes and Gators have your fun... This is something you have seen much more than us LOL.

38 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Its possible... I am 36.. . I remember probably as far back as 88 watching football (I remember the ND title game my cousin Karl Mcgill was on that team).

With that said.  Who on here can say they have NEVER in their life time seen their team have a losing season????  I can... Well maybe not now.. But hey for all you canes and Gators have your fun... This is something you have seen much more than us LOL.

I've only been alive for 1 losing season at Columbia and i don't see it changing anytime soon 

31 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

C'mon Peezy, since 1980 Canes and Gators have each had only 2 losing regular seasons...not that bad.  You jus worried they gonna do away with the backpack if things don't work out right this year.  Maybe they could try this next year instead.  :P LOL 

Image result for secure the backpack turnover chain

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I've only been alive for 1 losing season at Columbia and i don't see it changing anytime soon 

Well I won't talk about high school... I have seen more of them than I am willing to count including my Junior and Senior year where I played on a team that won 1  game in 2 years (although Sr year we were at least competitive in all but 1 game.

5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

C'mon Peezy, since 1980 Canes and Gators have each had only 2 losing regular seasons...not that bad.  You jus worried they gonna do away with the backpack if things don't work out right this year.  Maybe they could try this next year instead.  :P LOL 

Image result for secure the backpack turnover chain

I hate the backpack personally.

30 years ago, never would have dreamed a day would come when I would be hearing about FSU, the Gators and the Canes lacking consistency, but here we are.  Just as now, it may be difficult for us to fathom a world without certain high schools in Florida dominating.  Well, things will change if we just give things time.    And with current circumstances, ie transfers, new schools opening, etc, there is  opportunity for even quicker change.  So, just sit back and enjoy the ride.  Imagine your sons being on here 30 years from now talking about that lousy St Thomas team of the day.  Who knows.    

7 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Well I won't talk about high school... I have seen more of them than I am willing to count including my Junior and Senior year where I played on a team that won 1  game in 2 years (although Sr year we were at least competitive in all but 1 game.

Thanks for sharing that.  I think those experiences teach us a lot about life, ie humility.  As adults, we often have to play the cards we are dealt and cannot "transfer".  Imagine if you could "transfer" to a new wife, new kids, new career as easily as kids transfer schools today.:) LOL   

19 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Hey.. You act like the ACC was hard to compete before the addition of my canes and other teams.. Remember ACC was always a Basketball Conference... That’s why y’all had that conference on lock and you damn right I’m gonna have fun with this while y’all struggle with the black Al Golden... I hope y’all give him a ful 5 years but  you n I know they gonna Charlie Strong his ass lmao..

14 hours ago, Cjm04 said:

We are not a very good football team right now.  We are improving, but lets be honest, Miami is garbage and we were not even able to beat them, so we got a lot of work to do.

How are we garbage? Not saying we’re championship contenders but how our my canes garbage?

On 10/11/2018 at 7:41 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

Thanks for sharing that.  I think those experiences teach us a lot about life, ie humility.  As adults, we often have to play the cards we are dealt and cannot "transfer".  Imagine if you could "transfer" to a new wife, new kids, new career as easily as kids transfer schools today.:) LOL   

HAHA...   Well apparently some people do transfer like that.

2 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Well... being that FSU is garbage and you had to struggle to a 1 point win that means your slightly less than garbage no?

No it’s a rivalry game... So when we were under coach al Golden and y’all beat us by 4 or 5 points those years would you say y’all was garbage with Dalvin Cook saving y’all ? Y’all could of been 1-5 right now...

On 10/12/2018 at 5:12 PM, Zoe Boy said:

No it’s a rivalry game... So when we were under coach al Golden and y’all beat us by 4 or 5 points those years would you say y’all was garbage with Dalvin Cook saving y’all ? Y’all could of been 1-5 right now...

Yes absolutely we were garbage.  How Garbage we were was masked by having a player of Dalvin stature that could literally take games over at the drop of a hat.  Most knowledgeable FSU fans would never admit it out loud but we all knew that those teams had MAJOR deficiencies that were hidden by Dalvin... Hell Jimbo was able to put together Multiple 10 or 9 win seasons on the Legs of Cook and you see what happened when he left and he did not solve 2 major problems (Ol Play and coaching and the DC and LB coach).

As you said we could be 1-5 right now.. .Absolutely which means y'all beating us by 1 point is really bad... and to further prove my point y'all go and lose to UVA... Hey we are bad this year I accept that but this is supposed to be the Canes year.  

37 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Yes absolutely we were garbage.  How Garbage we were was masked by having a player of Dalvin stature that could literally take games over at the drop of a hat.  Most knowledgeable FSU fans would never admit it out loud but we all knew that those teams had MAJOR deficiencies that were hidden by Dalvin... Hell Jimbo was able to put together Multiple 10 or 9 win seasons on the Legs of Cook and you see what happened when he left and he did not solve 2 major problems (Ol Play and coaching and the DC and LB coach).

As you said we could be 1-5 right now.. .Absolutely which means y'all beating us by 1 point is really bad... and to further prove my point y'all go and lose to UVA... Hey we are bad this year I accept that but this is supposed to be the Canes year.  

Appreciate your honest comments Peezy.  In the posts below, I speak of some issues with recruiting.  The Noles' and Canes' recruiting strategies have changed over the years, and I question some of the kids they are bringing in.   Bowden was a master at getting the "right" kids to come there.  It's interesting that gaps on their teams are also gaps in FL hs football in general, ie OL and QB play.  

4 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Canes year to win what? I said before the year started we will win tha ACC coastal play Clemson and lost to them but give them a better game cause we ain’t there yet.. I can admit that.. Idk which canes fans you interact with and we go lose to freaking UVA smh... We waisted a Elite defense this year cause pastor Richt don’t want to give up play calling smh... I’m hurt dawg (ed reed voice)

19 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Canes year to win what? I said before the year started we will win tha ACC coastal play Clemson and lost to them but give them a better game cause we ain’t there yet.. I can admit that.. Idk which canes fans you interact with and we go lose to freaking UVA smh... We waisted a Elite defense this year cause pastor Richt don’t want to give up play calling smh... I’m hurt dawg (ed reed voice)

I talk to my brothers the most knowledgeable football folks I know LOL.  They are both canes fans but they never said it was your year that is me saying that (kinda being a smart ass mind you) based on the "hype machine" from preseason ranking and the fact that y'all were ranked #2 last year until pastor Richt decided to  LOL.  My brothers were done with Pastor Richt after the Pitt lost... My brother calls it the worst loss in UM history because yes you had some bad losses but NEVER EVER have you been ranked #2 with basically a chance to go to the playoff or title game regardless if you win or lose your conference and then to lose to a horrible team like Pitt... I mean sub .500... Also his actions in the game replacing Rozier and then putting him back in there.  The indecisiveness helped exacerbate the loss. 

Y'all should talk some time seem like a few things you said your in the same mind frame as them.