Vero Beach will lock up the no.1 seed

Floridatech

Here is why...... 

Win over Venice(District champs) 

Win over Wellington if they beat Gardens they get the district title 

Win over Ft Lauderdale could finish 8-2 with a playoff berth 

Win over Pahokee will be a playoff team no doubt about that 

Win over Centennial will be a playoff team 

Win over Westwood just won the district championship, they probably will beat Astronaut high who is 6-1 major points their

Win over Treasure Coast a big potential playoff team and can score a win over Pace who is 5-3

TBD Sebastian River could actually get a playoff berth if they can beat FPC which they should and a must win against Eau Gallie who have about 5 or 6 wins right now 

Basically Vero have the number one seed wrapped up......

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Correct. VB will be home till at least the semifinals. I am not sure whether Region 1 or 2 hosts this year, but believe it's Region 2. So VB could be home till the State Title game in Orlando if they make it there. 

Actually they don't flip the regions like in old system 

Host is whoever has highest point average at end of regular season 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

To be honest, I think DP gets bounced in round 1 if they play either Treasure Coast or Centennial. DP has fallen badly since winning the title last year. They sleepwalked through the Apopka game and really did not play as if they wanted to win. 

Darter,

Centennial is playing up at Bishop Moore Friday if you’re interested in seeing them in person at all.

20 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

To be honest, I think DP gets bounced in round 1 if they play either Treasure Coast or Centennial. DP has fallen badly since winning the title last year. They sleepwalked through the Apopka game and really did not play as if they wanted to win. 

I guess I believe everything might be set in stone 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, Floridatech said:

Here is why...... 

Win over Westwood just won the district championship, they probably will beat Astronaut high who is 6-1 major points their

Win over Treasure Coast a big potential playoff team and can score a win over Pace who is 5-3

TBD Sebastian River could actually get a playoff berth if they can beat FPC which they should and a must win against Eau Gallie who have about 5 or 6 wins right now 

I think it would be cool if both Vero Beach and Venice won states this year so we could both say that 2 eventual state champs played each other in the regular season. And it would make the Venice at Vero Beach rematch next year even bigger.

Vero has no business hosting the playoffs at home with the facilities they have on the visitor side. Restrooms never have soap and only a few stalls. Food is alll the way on the home side of the field.!Metal bleachers that a small child can fall through.  Stadium and atmosphere best around unless you are a visitor! 

44 minutes ago, No nonsense said:

Vero has no business hosting the playoffs at home with the facilities they have on the visitor side. Restrooms never have soap and only a few stalls. Food is alll the way on the home side of the field.!Metal bleachers that a small child can fall through.  Stadium and atmosphere best around unless you are a visitor! 

I sit on the visitor side all the time 

1 hour ago, Floridatech said:

I sit on the visitor side all the time 

Grew up going to all the games on the visitor side too. Never had issues with falling thru the bleachers even as a small boy. Bathrooms were always adequate better than some stadiums I been to. Food stand is large in comparison to some small food stands at other stadiums and they serve on all three sides. Never once had to go to the home side for anything.

3 hours ago, Trelle said:

Grew up going to all the games on the visitor side too. Never had issues with falling thru the bleachers even as a small boy. Bathrooms were always adequate better than some stadiums I been to. Food stand is large in comparison to some small food stands at other stadiums and they serve on all three sides. Never once had to go to the home side for anything.

All the food is on the home side now via the food trucks, the Math club still runs the concession areas, but there isn’t food  there any more, just drinks and candy. All the food trucks are on the home side now, but it’s a short walk over there and the Vero fans tend to be very nice and are accommodating. 

Definately better than most places I’ve been.

18 minutes ago, Drogo said:

All the food is on the home side now via the food trucks, the Math club still runs the concession areas, but there isn’t food  there any more, just drinks and candy. All the food trucks are on the home side now, but it’s a short walk over there and the Vero fans tend to be very nice and are accommodating. 

Definately better than most places I’ve been.

O wow when did they do that? I’ve lived out of state for a while now didn’t know that. Loved going down to the concession stand and getting a slice of pizza and hanging out with my dad there.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, Floridatech said:

Here is why...... 

Hey FloridaTech can you talk to Coach J and see if he wants to schedule IMG for next year? I really want to see that game and I think it would help prepare you guys for the playoffs.