Vanguard Knights

Proseteye

The Knights just defeated probably the best Lake Weir team ever 49-14. Lake Weir is no longer your dad's Oldsmobile, as the saying used to go. They also took care of business with Buchholz, Gainesville, and North Marion among others. Should defeat Forest and Oakleaf to go 10-0. I don't know whether this Vanguard team is as good or better than the 2016 team that went to the 2nd round and lost a nail biter to Lake Gibson. They don't seem to be as explosive. However, they are winning with steady play and toughness. How do the playoffs stack up this season for 6A? Does Vanguard have a good chance of taking it to the house? :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

The Knights just defeated probably the best Lake Weir team ever 49-14. Lake Weir is no longer your dad's Oldsmobile, as the saying used to go. They also took care of business with Buchholz, Gainesville, and North Marion among others. Should defeat Forest and Oakleaf to go 10-0. I don't know whether this Vanguard team is as good or better than the 2016 team that went to the 2nd round and lost a nail biter to Lake Gibson. They don't seem to be as explosive. However, they are winning with steady play and toughness. How do the playoffs stack up this season for 6A? Does Vanguard have a good chance of taking it to the house? :unsure:

Vanguard could be heavy contenders in 6a north 

I don't trust any of panhandle teams to be consistent enough to win 6a north so it probably comes down to vanguard or armwood 

But they will be outmatched by Carol City or Miami Central 

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Vanguard could be heavy contenders in 6a north 

I don't trust any of panhandle teams to be consistent enough to win 6a north so it probably comes down to vanguard or armwood 

But they will be outmatched by Carol City or Miami Central 

Armwood doesn't look as dominant as they have in years past. I think Vanguard would have the home field advantage and may just be able to out muscle Armwood. I have no idea about CC and MC as a matchup for the Knights. They, of course, both are very tough teams. But, one never really can predict about championship games.

1 minute ago, Phfootball9 said:

The playoffs will separate them just fine. The competition in the panhandle is actually better than it has been for a while. 

Yes it is good competition however normally by this time you usually see 1 or 2 slightly above the rest 

Any number of 7 panhandle teams could win that region but at this point I can't trust one particular team, it is more of taking the entire panhandle field

I thought Navarre was going to separate themselves but then they lost to escambia who just lost to Lincoln 

Pine Forest just lost to Godby

So is there any that is slightly better than the rest 

Pine forest has the horses but seem to find ways to lose. Escambia is the same story.

Gb has lost its qb for the season with an acl, but they have a great back and can really pound the rock. The question with them is can the stop teams from scoring. We will see this week when they go to Navarre.

Crestview might be in a must when situation with Niceville this week. I think Thompson beats crestview and ending on two losses might have them right on the bubble.  We will see if Niceville is for real over the nest two weeks when they have crestwiew and then navarre.

Pace should get in and they have a great running game but can't stop anybody from scoring.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:29 PM, Proseteye said:

I think this might be the Knights best chance to Finally get back to a state Final. It obviously looks like it is going to come down to them and Armwood out of the North. If the Knights get them at home I like their chances in that game. But I honestly think the QB position might come back to bite Vanguard eventually but I hope not. Travonte Rucker is very inaccurate a lot because of course he isn't a QB to begin with as he's one of the top WR prospects in the country in the 2021 class. But no experience at the position after the QB last year graduated forced them to put Rucker in because of his skill set. North Marion is the best team they have played all year and Rucker struggled big time in that game as I was their and seen it for myself. He might have improved since then but from what I hear he is still very inconsistent. He will need to show a lot of improvement over the long haul for the Knights to have a chance to do something special. Defense on the other hand is deep. Extremely fast and very physical. They really got some ball hawks in that secondary but the D-Line is definitely the strength of the team. They're one of the best if not the best I have seen Vanguard have since the 90s 

6 hours ago, Steve said:

I think this might be the Knights best chance to Finally get back to a state Final. It obviously looks like it is going to come down to them and Armwood out of the North. If the Knights get them at home I like their chances in that game. But I honestly think the QB position might come back to bite Vanguard eventually but I hope not. Travonte Rucker is very inaccurate a lot because of course he isn't a QB to begin with as he's one of the top WR prospects in the country in the 2021 class. But no experience at the position after the QB last year graduated forced them to put Rucker in because of his skill set. North Marion is the best team they have played all year and Rucker struggled big time in that game as I was their and seen it for myself. He might have improved since then but from what I hear he is still very inconsistent. He will need to show a lot of improvement over the long haul for the Knights to have a chance to do something special. Defense on the other hand is deep. Extremely fast and very physical. They really got some ball hawks in that secondary but the D-Line is definitely the strength of the team. They're one of the best if not the best I have seen Vanguard have since the 90s 

Whatever happened to Chisholm and Curry? Did they get injured, leave the team, did not work out? I'm wondering why they would shift their top WR to QB unless he was thought to be better than those two? On video Rucker does not seem to be that good of a passer. Against top flight teams he may struggle unless he has one hell of a backfield.

3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Whatever happened to Chisholm and Curry? Did they get injured, leave the team, did not work out? I'm wondering why they would shift their top WR to QB unless he was thought to be better than those two? On video Rucker does not seem to be that good of a passer. Against top flight teams he may struggle unless he has one hell of a backfield.

Chisholm I believe they have moved him to the defensive side of the ball and Curry is still there. He has been getting a lot of reps in blowout games but as a Freshman he's still very inexperienced. By next fall he should really be ready to take over the QB position full time so they can move Rucker back to his primary position at WR. And the backfield is pretty deep as well. They got Senior Kimo Clarke that came over from Lake Weir that was Committed to Arkansas but recently backed off that pledge. Senior Glover Cook who just came back from injury a couple weeks ago and is Committed to Missouri and also have 2 very promising Sophomores in Tevin Williams and Mykel Randall that get a bulk of the carries as well. Mykels Brother Tyrell Randall is a Freshman RB that gets some time and is going to be really good too.  All 5 RBs are really quick but those 2 Sophomores are already way beyond their years. Young team as well. The future definitely looks bright for some years ahead 

7 hours ago, Steve said:

Chisholm I believe they have moved him to the defensive side of the ball and Curry is still there. He has been getting a lot of reps in blowout games but as a Freshman he's still very inexperienced. By next fall he should really be ready to take over the QB position full time so they can move Rucker back to his primary position at WR. And the backfield is pretty deep as well. They got Senior Kimo Clarke that came over from Lake Weir that was Committed to Arkansas but recently backed off that pledge. Senior Glover Cook who just came back from injury a couple weeks ago and is Committed to Missouri and also have 2 very promising Sophomores in Tevin Williams and Mykel Randall that get a bulk of the carries as well. Mykels Brother Tyrell Randall is a Freshman RB that gets some time and is going to be really good too.  All 5 RBs are really quick but those 2 Sophomores are already way beyond their years. Young team as well. The future definitely looks bright for some years ahead 

Kimo is definitely a very good RB. Very hard to tackle and to bring down.

Kimo Clarke