Venice vs Palmetto and Manatee

VeniceIndianFan

So its been 11 years since a Sarasota County team has beaten Venice. 2007 Booker was the last team to do it. 

It has been 6 straight wins vs Palmetto. 

Last time Venice beat Manatee 3 times in a row you have to go back to 2007-08-09. Which has kids like Dri Archer Trey and Clay Burton on them. 

My point is after all of the success Venice has had it could be easy to stub your toe in these last 2 games. That Palmetto game away would be the one that matters most. Win and you are in a top 4 for playoffs. 

Lose and you now play the points game for playoff berth. 

That Manatee team is so up and down its hard to tell. They have the players to get wins. It just hasn't been the Manatee of old. 

In the end Venice should win both games. But any given Friday night with teenagers and social media that could change. Stay focused to the game plan and win by 1 or 50 still equally a W

20 minutes ago, 941football said:

So its been 11 years since a Sarasota County team has beaten Venice. 2007 Booker was the last team to do it. 

It has been 6 straight wins vs Palmetto. 

Last time Venice beat Manatee 3 times in a row you have to go back to 2007-08-09. Which has kids like Dri Archer Trey and Clay Burton on them. 

My point is after all of the success Venice has had it could be easy to stub your toe in these last 2 games. That Palmetto game away would be the one that matters most. Win and you are in a top 4 for playoffs. 

Lose and you now play the points game for playoff berth. 

That Manatee team is so up and down its hard to tell. They have the players to get wins. It just hasn't been the Manatee of old. 

In the end Venice should win both games. But any given Friday night with teenagers and social media that could change. Stay focused to the game plan and win by 1 or 50 still equally a W

True. I think Manatee will be extremely tough to beat this year. They kept the Lakeland game within 21 points and the Braden River game within 10 points, and both of those games were on the road too. I think their loss to Riverview was a fluke. Palmetto is also going to be very tough to beat in their own house, especially with their defense this year I can’t see Venice scoring more than maybe 35 points. We’ll see. Do you think Venice will win states again this year?

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

True. I think Manatee will be extremely tough to beat this year. They kept the Lakeland game within 21 points and the Braden River game within 10 points, and both of those games were on the road too. I think their loss to Riverview was a fluke. Palmetto is also going to be very tough to beat in their own house, especially with their defense this year I can’t see Venice scoring more than maybe 35 points. We’ll see. Do you think Venice will win states again this year?

It wasn't easy to do last year with all of the kids on that roster. I think teams like TBT and BR will have something in the tank this year. Just like in years past teams who come from the south region will be very tough. STA and Dwyer will be looking forward to a Venice team especially if Venice has to travel.  

Good thing is Venice wont be shell shocked like in 2016. They will be more prepared for what they will have to do.

In the end I have a hard time seeing Venice win it again. A lot needs to lineup for them to get it done. 

And that's just to get to States. Still have to handle a team from the north. 

1 minute ago, 941football said:

It wasn't easy to do last year with all of the kids on that roster. I think teams like TBT and BR will have something in the tank this year. Just like in years past teams who come from the south region will be very tough. STA and Dwyer will be looking forward to a Venice team especially if Venice has to travel.  

Good thing is Venice wont be shell shocked like in 2016. They will be more prepared for what they will have to do.

In the end I have a hard time seeing Venice win it again. A lot needs to lineup for them to get it done. 

And that's just to get to States. Still have to handle a team from the north. 

As the standings are now, we will probably play Gulf Coast in round 1. Round 2 Braden River, which is going to be extremely tough, especially if we have to travel. If we make it past them, rematch with Tampa Bay Tech. If we can beat them, we will run straight into STA again, and we’ll have to travel this time. If by some miracle we can beat STA on the road, who knows who we’ll have to beat in the state final game. I think Venice can do it though. 

Teams from the Tampa area are strange when they play team from Venice.

2014 Hillsborough playoff team came to Venice with athletes and D1 guys all over and failed to win. It was a strange game and Venice squeaked one out if I remember . 35-29

Armwood then came and finished Venice off that year. 

2016 East Lake again players at most positions were supposed to be better. 3-4 star guys vs 0 star guys. Venice handled them 43-14

Went to STA that year and got handled. 

2017 St Pete came into Venice with D1 guys again. UF commit. Rb that was very good. Venice with more experience finished that game 49-13

TBT came to Venice with Pennix and WR who were D1 guys and somehow our lonely unathletic defense stopped them. Pennix I saw got to play on Saturday for IU at QB. Final 48-17

The common factor in all of these wins  is.....Home Field for Venice. Remember the STA game was at Home as well.

Venice needs to win both of the remaining 2 games and get some magic if they will make a run. 

Palmetto is a dangerous team, and don't think Marino hasn't had this one penciled in since the loss to Braden River. I don't know if you recall or not, but Palmetto was inside the Braden River 10 with a minute or so to go. Marino elceted to go for the win rather then the FG which would have sent it to OT on 4th down but came up short and subsequently lost the game because of it. To me they played the better game, just came up short on the scoreboard..............Palmetto had taken the lead with about 3 minutes left, but Braden River took the Kickoff back for a TD to give the lead back to Braden River......putting them in position at the end to tie or go for the win at the end of regulation.

Manatee has a very good team, they just don't seem capable of putting a 48 minute complete game together.......has hurt them in each of the games they've lost. If they get some breaks which would keep them emotionally in the game for the entire game.......it could be huge...compound that with points for Manatee for a playoff position potentially being vitally important.....who knows what could happen?

I see Palmetto as being in a great position to get a win against Venice.........Manatee is maybe a bit more of a stretch, but they're certainly capable of giving this Venice team all it can handle. 

4 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

Good and fine but there is no LaRoche type on this Venice team.

They don't have a home run hitter but do have good RB's. 

I think you are missing my point. I agree with everything you have said. My point was at Palmetto 2016 Venice was down at half 3-0. They did finish with a win. That game was at Palmetto. 

This year is could be a similar style game at Palmetto. 

While I do think Venice should win I'm not overly confident as I have been in the past. 

I have a better feeling about the Manatee game than Palmetto.

Gregory impressed the hell out of me during the playoff run to the state title last year, his ability to read the emerging holes at the line of scrimmage, compounded by his ability to run with authority between the tackles is what caught my eye. I watched Taylor (I believe that is his name), only against Vero Beach and wasn't overly impressed. Palmetto has more going for it offensively and defensively in as far as predicting a team the could win versus Manatee.....I agree!

1 hour ago, FL_HS_football said:

Gregory impressed the hell out of me during the playoff run to the state title last year, his ability to read the emerging holes at the line of scrimmage, compounded by his ability to run with authority between the tackles is what caught my eye. I watched Taylor (I believe that is his name), only against Vero Beach and wasn't overly impressed. Palmetto has more going for it offensively and defensively in as far as predicting a team the could win versus Manatee.....I agree!

Brandon Gregory 2019 RB. I think he is 6ft 200lbs. Not break away speed but is a smooth runner. Good vision and balance. 

He did not play vs Vero. Hurt his back during the Plant game the week before in the KOC.