Columbia Suspensions

Jags904

1 hour ago, Jags904 said:

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class What’s going on over there? I saw something on Facebook about 3 players being suspended due to their entrance of the Fletcher game. Ridiculous 

I was at the game with Columbia Fan and did not notice anything unusual or disrespectful when the team came out. 

Strange indeed, but has no effect since they have wrapped up the district unless this extends into the playoffs. 

6 hours ago, Jags904 said:

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class What’s going on over there? I saw something on Facebook about 3 players being suspended due to their entrance of the Fletcher game. Ridiculous 

Do you mean to say that 3 players that had been suspended by their HC were allowed to play against Fletcher? Kind of difficult to determine exactly what you mean. Can clarify?

53 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Do you mean to say that 3 players that had been suspended by their HC were allowed to play against Fletcher? Kind of difficult to determine exactly what you mean. Can clarify?

I am just going off of what I heard. That 3 players have been suspended due to their entrance prior to the start of the Fletcher game. This is apparently all started when a woman from Fletcher sent a letter to the FHSAA that she was “scared” 

I have since found out that the head coach is suspending them for this game. 

Ok i originally planned to not speak on this but I'll clear this up

Rumors I'll bust right now

This suspension was a team issue, not a fhsaa one and was never going to be

The coaches made the suspension in house because the players never told the Coach that they were going to

The fhsaa was never going to get involved in it

They had people saying the masks were the reason for the suspension which is false,  the suspensions was for the plastic swords 

2 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

3 players who had fake swords in their hands when they came out got suspended by their coach, Because of the letter that was written by a lady from fletcher claiming it scared her. The coaches suspended they players b4 the fhsaa got involved that way it wouldn't effect them in the playoffs. 

I heard that rumor but the Fletcher letter had no impact on what happened and in fact many Fletcher coaches and fans i spoke to never saw the swords or the masks so I'm feeling that the story about letter is likely just a rumor that is lacking proof

2 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Ok well that good to know but I dnt understand why the coach suspended them for that? It looked    Amazing to me!! The swords were fake, it almost halloween , little kiss use those for their costumes so I don't see the point.

I think it was more the fact that they never told the head coach about it

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I heard that rumor but the Fletcher letter had no impact on what happened and in fact many Fletcher coaches and fans i spoke to never saw the swords or the masks so I'm feeling that the story about letter is likely just a rumor that is lacking proof

so you don't know if there was a letter but you know it had no impact.  SMH  I would be willing to bet lots of money someone complaining had every thing to do with the suspension and if there wasn't a complaint nothing would have been done.  I would not have suspended them.  I might have disciplined them but to me this doesn't warrant a suspension.

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

so you don't know if there was a letter but you know it had no impact.  SMH  I would be willing to bet lots of money someone complaining had every thing to do with the suspension and if there wasn't a complaint nothing would have been done.  I would not have suspended them.  I might have disciplined them but to me this doesn't warrant a suspension.

I knew it had no impact because the news of the letter didn't come out until after they announced the suspensions 

They also stated in that rumor that the letter was sent to fhsaa but the people inside Columbia squashed the rumor that Columbia was forced to do damage control to avoid fhsaa sanctions as the fhsaa was never involved at any point of the process so we already have one lie in the letter rumor 

The facts are Columbia punishing the players had more to do with them not telling Coach in advance about the masks and plastic swords, they got in trouble for doing it behind the coaches back it is a Columbia internal issue and was never going to have fhsaa involvement

56 minutes ago, badbird said:

It had every thing to do with the letter.  I lost respect for your coach.  I’m willing to bet someone at the school told him he had to suspend them.  

I've already seen several things through observation that make me question if the letter was even legit

The story I'm hearing is that someone was scared by the masks and sent in a multi page letter after the game, yet several Fletcher fans from way across the field didn't even see it

I think the entire letter story is bogus 

Hell @DarterBlue2 was right next to me in the reserved section at 45 yard line and he didn't even see the sword or the masks but yet somehow Fletcher fans WAY across the field saw it? 

Come on bad birdy, can you tell me you don't at least feel a little bit of doubt in the whole letter story?

33 minutes ago, badbird said:

It had every thing to do with the letter.  I lost respect for your coach.  I’m willing to bet someone at the school told him he had to suspend them.  

He didn't have to do anything 

The fhsaa were never going to have any grounds to suspend the players bc no rules were broken

I've seen other schools do this stuff before,  it's not the first time I've seen plastic swords be used

If it was a serious rule violation the refs would have had the players DQ'ed instantly 

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

He didn't have to do anything 

The fhsaa were never going to have any grounds to suspend the players bc no rules were broken

I've seen other schools do this stuff before,  it's not the first time I've seen plastic swords be used

If it was a serious rule violation the refs would have had the players DQ'ed instantly 

I'm not talking about the FHSAA.  The school got pressure from a parent complaint and caved in. End of story.

Heck the Fletcher coaches couldn't even see it, talked to one of them on facebook yesterday and they would have had a much better angle on sideline than someone in the road stands would have

So what's more likely?

That one fan from way across the field saw a very small plastic sword that many on Columbia side didn't see unless they were on ground level next to the tunnel or that the Fan saw the twitter footage of the entrance after the game and wrote a letter because their team lost despite never seeing the swords until watching the twitter film of the entrance 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Heck the Fletcher coaches couldn't even see it, talked to one of them on facebook yesterday and they would have had a much better angle on sideline than someone in the road stands would have

So what's more likely?

That one fan from way across the field saw a very small plastic sword that many on Columbia side didn't see unless they were on ground level next to the tunnel or that the Fan saw the twitter footage of the entrance after the game and wrote a letter because their team lost despite never seeing the swords until watching the twitter film of the entrance 

I would say a good chance that is what happened and then after complaint coaches decided to suspend players after talking to admin 

coolest entrance ever.  Would have been better if it was on Halloween night.  Kids don't deserve to be suspended and adults should be ashamed of themselves.  If they did it without permission maybe run some hills but the coaches had to see them before they went out and could have probably stopped it if they thought it was a big deal