District champs 1-4 seed

badbird

should they get rid of this?  Miami Central is the 5 seed and will play Carol City in the second round.  Miami Central should be the 2 seed.  Another one has Lee as the 5 seed and will play Columbia in the second round. 

I actually think they are punishing the one seed by making district champs 1-4.   Yes you are rewarding district champs but I'm torn.  Shouldn't the 1 seed have the easiest path?  If the point system is correct that 5 seed could be a ball buster.   

9 minutes ago, badbird said:

should they get rid of this?  Miami Central is the 5 seed and will play Carol City in the second round.  Miami Central should be the 2 seed.  Another one has Lee as the 5 seed and will play Columbia in the second round. 

I actually think they are punishing the one seed by making district champs 1-4.   Yes you are rewarding district champs but I'm torn.  Shouldn't the 1 seed have the easiest path?  If the point system is correct that 5 seed could be a ball buster.   

I actually understand where you going with this and it would be cool but they probably won't touch it because of the tradition of a district champion always having at least 1 home playoff game but it's fine with me,  we can take out our regions biggest threat in round 2 instead of round 3

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

Good point.  I don't like this hybrid of district champions and points systems.  Let's do one or the other.  If we are convinced point systems are the best solution for today, why not also use them to determine overall seedings?  And if we are not confident doing that, why the hesitation?

12 minutes ago, badbird said:

I can agree with you on this. 

That #5 team in some cases could be a #2 or #3 in some regions. 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The reason districts still exist in 5-8a is because the ads in those classes fought for it because some teams knew they would struggle to find 10 games

and they made a smart decision having districts.  If you can't see that look at BTW last year and Gadsden this year.  

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The reason districts still exist in 5-8a is because the ads in those classes fought for it because some teams knew they would struggle to find 10 games

In those teams who would struggle to find 10 games would any of them make the playoffs this year? 

I'm just guessing but if you cant find games its probably because you either are not competitive or don't get 3 bonus points for them on the schedule. Both prove its more about what could be more than what it really is. 

I don't think it was about finding 10 games to be honest.  teams like Bolles and trinity were worried about finding games so they moved up to 5A.  Bigger schools wanted to compete for a district titles.  Smaller schools are scared bitches and didn't want to be in a district with a pahokee, madison, baker, Chaminade, Bolles, trinity Christian, Cocoa etc

10 minutes ago, badbird said:

so give 5A-8A larger districts.  3 districts per region.  let champ and runner up get in and 2 wild cards.  1A-4A let it be strictly point system

3 districts per region: 3 district champs,  3 runner up,  2 at large. We had that and I really liked it. 1999-2000 seasons. Districts typically had 6 to 8 teams. No 3 and 4 team districts. 

33 minutes ago, 941football said:

In those teams who would struggle to find 10 games would any of them make the playoffs this year? 

I'm just guessing but if you cant find games its probably because you either are not competitive or don't get 3 bonus points for them on the schedule. Both prove its more about what could be more than what it really is. 

Trinity would have struggled to find 10 games

BTW has to play up against larger schools to get games

Miami Central and Carol City would struggle getting 10 games unless they want to play 3 or 4 games oos

I can name several who would struggle to find games without having to make extreme travel bc a lot of teams are scared to play good teams 

Just look at Jackson. They cost themselves a trip to playoffs by being scared Lee would shread them

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Trinity would have struggled to find 10 games

BTW has to play up against larger schools to get games

Miami Central and Carol City would struggle getting 10 games unless they want to play 3 or 4 games oos

I can name several who would struggle to find games without having to make extreme travel bc a lot of teams are scared to play good teams 

Just look at Jackson. They cost themselves a trip to playoffs by being scared Lee would shread them

Jackson played Miami Northwestern.  I wouldn't say they were scared