Thank you Gadsden

badbird

you might have went 0-9 but hopefully you blew this point system up.  I hope the FHSAA does some real research and makes some major changes to the system.  Not just have a meeting and raise points for losses because a few AD's want that and think it will help.  They tried to make sure a BTW didn't happen again last year and now they have egg on their face with Gadsden.  Congrats Gadsden you might not have won on the field but you beat the hell out of the FHSAA.  I think you put a running clock on them.  

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

you might have went 0-9 but hopefully you blew this point system up.  I hope the FHSAA does some real research and makes some major changes to the system.  Not just have a meeting and raise points for losses because a few AD's want that and think it will help.  They tried to make sure a BTW didn't happen again last year and now they have egg on their face with Gadsden.  Congrats Gadsden you might not have won on the field but you beat the hell out of the FHSAA.  I think you put a running clock on them.  

For that, the rest of us should send them a trophy 

The FHSAA is national laughingstock. They have never put the best interest of the athletes first. Whatever lines their pockets the most.

Greed from a bunch of suit and tie A Holes has made our playoff system a joke. 

I haven't seen a worst first round lineup in all my life. What a joke. There might be 3-5 intriguing games. The rest is watered down. Terrible shame. For a state that has the personality of playing top teams and having more heart and soul than the rest of the country, this is a grave injustice. 

Josh, if you remain silent on this glaring problem, then you become complicit 

Josh has been the loudest proponent of this system. He will remain quiet. He won't criticize it at all. 

He knows the system screwed up. FHSAA screwed up by not having one additional tie breaker that says cat 1, 2, 3, and 4 wins instead of stopping at cat 3.

Again there needs to be bigger gaps between all category wins and losses. 

31 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Josh has been the loudest proponent of this system. He will remain quiet. He won't criticize it at all. 

He knows the system screwed up. FHSAA screwed up by not having one additional tie breaker that says cat 1, 2, 3, and 4 wins instead of stopping at cat 3.

Again there needs to be bigger gaps between all category wins and losses. 

Bonus points are a problem too. Should do away with them. Getting blown out and getting more points for the loss? 

Again, I will defend the FHSAA on the points system. I can tell you with some degree of certainty, winless Gadsden County will very likely be a slight favorite over South Walton in the first round. I know myself and Kenneth Massey both have Gadsden by 3 pts. Curious to see how Pinkos has it. 

2 hours ago, LAZ said:

Again, I will defend the FHSAA on the points system. I can tell you with some degree of certainty, winless Gadsden County will very likely be a slight favorite over South Walton in the first round. I know myself and Kenneth Massey both have Gadsden by 3 pts. Curious to see how Pinkos has it. 

If the system is meeting its objectives, bravo.  My question is simply, "Was it considered that a substantial number of teams with losing records could be playing in the playoffs by going to such a system and by allowing #5 and #6 seeds into the lower classes."  If it was and this was considered "acceptable," fine.  I am guilty of joking about participation trophies, but can appreciate if others are all right with it. 

I do have concerns about extending the season in terms of expense, distraction, ie student time away from the books, and repercussions for other sports, ie kids missing wrestling practice to play additional football.  When the government promulgates new standards, we have a process to assess the costs (time, energy, financial) of said standard and let the taxpayer and business know what the cost(s) will be.  I am not clear what the "cost" of this new system is.  If someone's tax dollar is helping to fund it, it should be more transparent.  Making fun for the kids by allowing more teams in is OK, but someone is paying for it.    

1 hour ago, LAZ said:

I would rather them use you, maxpreps or pinkos over the point system they use.  i know plenty will bash computers but the point system is retarded