Vero Beach vs Gateway round 1

Floridatech

7 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Man u think u know our team Vero u only started following us this year cuz we played y'all...... 

No that’s not true I know the Vero Beach tradition undefeated regular seasons and early playoff losses it’s always the same. But this year it’s different bro trust me I know a good team when I see it and Vero Beach is a damn good team this year. They WILL win states this year, the Venice and Pahokee games really convinced me that there’s more to see in the Vero Beach football team this year.

14 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Can anyone tell me about gateway...I know they were .500 this year on same district as Osceola...but what kinda offense do they run 

they have a good RB that that rushed for about 1200 yards and 24 TD's entering the last game of the season.  Other than him they won't pose a threat to Vero

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7255839/Philip-Bangura

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

No that’s not true I know the Vero Beach tradition undefeated regular seasons and early playoff losses it’s always the same. But this year it’s different bro trust me I know a good team when I see it and Vero Beach is a damn good team this year. They WILL win states this year, the Venice and Pahokee games really convinced me that there’s more to see in the Vero Beach football team this year.

Naaaw you don't know us cuz if u did then you would've known that Vero was a better team last year our defense was more solid last year 

And last year we also had another poster talking bout Vero was gonna win states (he was from Viera this time) plus Wekiva would be too much for Vero this year 

40 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Naaaw you don't know us cuz if u did then you would've known that Vero was a better team last year our defense was more solid last year 

And last year we also had another poster talking bout Vero was gonna win states (he was from Viera this time) plus Wekiva would be too much for Vero this year 

Ok but you’re forgetting that you guys went undefeated in the regular season with 2 defending state champs on the schedule and 1 runner up, and a tough TC team. I told you before you guys played Venice that the winner of that game was going to states this year y’all proved to me it would happen. Vero Beach is going to win states this year, I’m telling you. I don’t think there’s any team you guys are going to face that can defend your passing game. Gateway is going to be a cakewalk for Vero, watch

29 minutes ago, No nonsense said:

If you think Vero is all that , then centennial and treasure coast would also impress you. All three teams are pretty impressive this year 

Centennial should beat DP, but their last time taking a 2+  hour bus ride didn’t end well, they were woefully unprepared at Bishop Moore and laid an egg. Playing in the playoffs for the first time in 8 years on the road against the defending state champs may be over their heads.

Treasure Coast should be better prepared due to their tough schedule and they have proven they can hang with most teams on the road (they upset Osceola two years ago at Osceola in the first round.)

1 minute ago, Floridatech said:

U got us going to the 4th round of the playoffs 

Well you are the 1 seed.  Easy win in round 1.  Round 2 could cause a problem.  I see DP beating Centennial.  DP has a good defense but is below average on offense.  I could see an upset but Vero should win.  Round 3 will be either Osceola or Riverview.  I don't think either team is as good as last year.  However I don't believe Vero is either.  50/50 shot at that game and you would be home which I will give you the advantage.  I think the region is down from years past.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Ok but you’re forgetting that you guys went undefeated in the regular season with 2 defending state champs on the schedule and 1 runner up, and a tough TC team. I told you before you guys played Venice that the winner of that game was going to states this year y’all proved to me it would happen. Vero Beach is going to win states this year, I’m telling you. I don’t think there’s any team you guys are going to face that can defend your passing game. Gateway is going to be a cakewalk for Vero, watch

Naw we only played one defending state champion this year Oscar Smith was runner ups last year and Pahokee was defending state champs last year and Viera was two years removed from their runner up season when Vero beat em

27 minutes ago, badbird said:

Well you are the 1 seed.  Easy win in round 1.  Round 2 could cause a problem.  I see DP beating Centennial.  DP has a good defense but is below average on offense.  I could see an upset but Vero should win.  Round 3 will be either Osceola or Riverview.  I don't think either team is as good as last year.  However I don't believe Vero is either.  50/50 shot at that game and you would be home which I will give you the advantage.  I think the region is down from years past.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  

A good or solid defense in the playoffs for Vero ain't good just going by history and Vero performance this season we shall see 

41 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Naw we only played one defending state champion this year Oscar Smith was runner ups last year and Pahokee was defending state champs last year and Viera was two years removed from their runner up season when Vero beat em

What about Venice? I know we were down when we played you guys, but you’d figure Venice would still put up more of a fight than the final score reflected. 

I think the Venice vs Vero rematch next year will be better.

3 hours ago, badbird said:

I feel this venice poster is really a vero fan.  yes Vero will kill Gateway.  I got Vero losing in the semifinals but I wouldn't be shocked if they lose before

I think Vero Beach loses in the second or third round. If they play Cen 10 again, I think the score is reversed. Their best chance to get to Osceola in the third round is to hope DP beats Cen 10 at home. This is possible, but the early season version of DP will probably not be able to. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I think Vero Beach loses in the second or third round. If they play Cen 10 again, I think the score is reversed. Their best chance to get to Osceola in the third round is to hope DP beats Cen 10 at home. This is possible, but the early season version of DP will probably not be able to. 

Maybe. If DP can beat Cen10, Vero Beach will Be golden to knock off DP

14 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

A good or solid defense in the playoffs for Vero ain't good just going by history and Vero performance this season we shall see 

I think scheduling STA or a Broward/Dade type team would help Vero Beach to improve in the playoffs. It could help to show the problem areas whether you win or lose a close, competitive game.

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Centennial’s only meaningful road game away from the treasure coast area this season was at Bishop Moore and the got handled, see my post above, unless they improve, they may be in over their heads.

They are the better team I think, but they have not made it to the playoffs in 8 years and a two hour bus ride and the “stage” of the playoffs may be too much.