Columbia vs Fletcher Regional Quarterfinals

DisabledAccount

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If Apopka had not gotten into the playoffs I would make the trip back to Lake City for this game. The first meeting was a barn burner. I think the rematch should be pretty good, too!

Well Darter your welcome back anytime you want lol

Just give me heads up if there ends up being a game you interested in so i can get tickets for the game 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well Darter your welcome back anytime you want lol

Just give me heads up if there ends up being a game you interested in so i can get tickets for the game 

If Columbia gets to the third round, I may make it back to Lake City for that game. That or the 7A semifinal if you make it that far. I think the  team has a good shot, but it's one game at a time ...

19 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If Columbia gets to the third round, I may make it back to Lake City for that game. That or the 7A semifinal if you make it that far. I think the  team has a good shot, but it's one game at a time ...

You definitely picked the better crowd to come to

You would have been embarrassed by the crowd this past week 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

At least we don't have their season records or we probably would need tumbleweed so the rows weren't completely empty 

So true. You could argue those three deserve the poor turnout due to poor performance over many consecutive years. But in the case of Columbia, Bolles was actually a good game on paper. If I lived in the County, I would most certainly have turned out for this game. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

So true. You could argue those three deserve the poor turnout due to poor performance over many consecutive years. But in the case of Columbia, Bolles was actually a good game on paper. If I lived in the County, I would most certainly have turned out for this game. 

Thats what I'm saying 

If it was this bad at 8-1 who knows how bad it would be at 2 or 3 wins 

I was embarrassed to look around and see a pathetic turnout for senior night like we got there

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Not to mention Columbia high is the only school in Lake City area

Fort White is so isolated that their fanbase is the fans on the very south end of the county

The people in Lake City go to Columbia so it's basically entire Lake City as the fanbase without serious competition from other schools and that's all we can get

It was just sad

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not to mention Columbia high is the only school in Lake City area

Fort White is so isolated that their fanbase is the fans on the very south end of the county

The people in Lake City go to Columbia so it's basically entire Lake City as the fanbase without serious competition from other schools and that's all we can get

It was just sad

Hopefully, the playoff attendance is like the Fletcher game. This Columbia team has earned the support of the community. 

20 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You definitely picked the better crowd to come to

You would have been embarrassed by the crowd this past week 

Come on ColumbiaFan, the Tigers were already assured a District Championship, a #1 seed, playing against a team that overall is not having a fantastic season, first cold game of the year, it was raining from 5:30-6:45, and the Columbia County Fair was going on. You have had great attendance for other home games this season, why worry about one game. 

19 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Come on ColumbiaFan, the Tigers were already assured a District Championship, a #1 seed, playing against a team that overall is not having a fantastic season, first cold game of the year, it was raining from 5:30-6:45, and the Columbia County Fair was going on. You have had great attendance for other home games this season, why worry about one game. 

Maybe I'm just old school at heart lol

I'm usually at games hours early no matter the weather (even when i bumped up my arrival time this year i was still at least 2 hours early every game for football and more early for other sports)

I always hope we can get the crowd back to how they were late 90s and make this stadium rock to a new level and restore our legacy 

Our crowd had been good so far this year and i give them credit for stepping up but i was caught off-guard by the sudden drop and brought my memories back to my high school years where i saw very poor attendance for a heavy majority of the games

There was a time we could get standing room only in this stadium even with how large it is (this Stadium isn't much smaller than niceville stadium and they sell it out consistently)