PLAYOFF SYSTEM: Hate it for the kids.....

STILL KRUNK

But glad to see a few more of yall concerned/upset with the system.

Where were you last year?!?!?!?!

POWER RATING would be better. You cap points/impact of point spread (meaning keep from team running up a score to better their rating)

You have sooooo many competing issues (district/county school district/Regions scheduling) get rid of ALL of that then we will see whether THIS system would even work, but thinking those things would not have an impact and, if you thought it would that it was too little impact, OR worse, you knew it would have some major implications........and we are going to do it anyway.   But let's not forget the intention of this system was to:

1) get the best teams in the playoffs, meaning stronger districts would have more

2) eliminate weak 1st round games.....that is still debatable.

If you honor district winner, fine, but in order to eliminate bubble arguments you could, as an alternative, offer 16 teams (that would send 5-8 teams home...cant really make that claim the you deserve to be in).  But still think you will need to power rate.  You are already seeing conflict with scheduling teams under this system.  The beneficiaries are teams that have autonomy to schedule freely.......so this is a SCHEDULING BATTLE......NOT competition by kids to produce the best Team.

Just my thoughts.

Last year, you were upset that your team did not make the playoffs under the new system when they would have made it under the old runner-up system. i understand the frustration but the FHSAA made the points system a complete debacle this year  increasing points for losses and it led to teams earning more points for losing a game than for the team who beat which is absurd. West Orange had its own playoff destiny in its hands last year and lost 4 games so it was hard to feel too bad for you. For the record, i liked old system where runner-up made it and there were wild cards for super tough districts.

Floridaatlantic, I'm beyond the frustration, I'm over it, my psychiatrist say so.  Last year i was not just arguing my personal interest, it was the system itself.  Of course it was in our own hands, that was not the major point i was making then, or now.  If you are going to a point system, you do not get an accurate enough rating in the current system.  Moreover, the ability to make the playoffs becomes more of a SCHEDULING COMPETITION, and some schools(school districts) have more autonomy in scheduling - that is Adults involved, an Administrative Issue, not kid production. Not allowing the kids to decide it on the field of competition, THAT is more the travesty.

13 minutes ago, STILL KRUNK said:

Floridaatlantic, I'm beyond the frustration, I'm over it, my psychiatrist say so.  Last year i was not just arguing my personal interest, it was the system itself.  Of course it was in our own hands, that was not the major point i was making then, or now.  If you are going to a point system, you do not get an accurate enough rating in the current system.  Moreover, the ability to make the playoffs becomes more of a SCHEDULING COMPETITION, and some schools(school districts) have more autonomy in scheduling - that is Adults involved, an Administrative Issue, not kid production. Not allowing the kids to decide it on the field of competition, THAT is more the travesty.

I appreciate your post.  There is so much emphasis today put on scheduling(and rightfully so because of the current system.  I hear as much talk about that as x's and o's, and that is scary.  We have driven the kids to spend even more time on computers trying to figure out our foolishness, when they could be hitting the books or spending more time learning schemes or practicing.  

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I appreciate your post.  There is so much emphasis today put on scheduling(and rightfully so because of the current system.  I hear as much talk about that as x's and o's, and that is scary.  We have driven the kids to spend even more time on computers trying to figure out our foolishness, when they could be hitting the books or spending more time learning schemes or practicing.  

Ah yes, EGGZACKLEE! in efforts to better it, "Let's Do it for the kids" we lost sight of the "application" of the process.  Rely on the adults to do right, or figure it out, or play fair............let's just try it out.......then try it out on the adults, NOT the kids, the infraction on the kids could have been a lot less 'impactful" if it had been played out, mock trials, worst case scenarios.  This would have been warranted before application.  Open the conversation to more than what they did.

And before somebody says, "it was voted on by Coaches and ADs," you know some coaches were not invested in the conversation or whether ADs understood, cared, or were invested themselves. Now i'm not saying that is right on their part, I'm just saying it's real.

19 minutes ago, STILL KRUNK said:

Ah yes, EGGZACKLEE! in efforts to better it, "Let's Do it for the kids" we lost sight of the "application" of the process.  Rely on the adults to do right, or figure it out, or play fair............let's just try it out.......then try it out on the adults, NOT the kids, the infraction on the kids could have been a lot less 'impactful" if it had been played out, mock trials, worst case scenarios.  This would have been warranted before application.  Open the conversation to more than what they did.

And before somebody says, "it was voted on by Coaches and ADs," you know some coaches were not invested in the conversation or whether ADs understood, cared, or were invested themselves. Now i'm not saying that is right on their part, I'm just saying it's real.

...so now I need to check the computer regularly to see where my team is ranked in local, state and national polls, see how many stars I have, update my Hudl account, and check my team's power ranking average....and, of course, I need copious amounts of time to talk about all of these things on Twitter.  Oh, and I also need time to read that new recruiting brochure from Southwest Central North Dakota St University, that is just dying to get me now that I transferred to the local private school powerhouse. 

If you'll excuse me now, someone from the teams that beat us in district play but did not make the playoffs is trashing my team on social media, so I need to go explain to them how the playoff system works.   

Image result for i don't have time for school meme

I would rather that than where we are now.  I don't even know if we are considered Co-District Champions?   Do we get a trophy? How are you putting it in the books?  Are we worthy of either?

All I see that the FHSAA states is that (paraphrasing) "District Champion gets automatic bid to playoffs.  Of there is a tie between 2 teams, look at head-to-head competition.  If it is a 3 way tie, we go back to total points."

........I mean we know who gets the seeding, buuuuuuuuuut is there a district winner.............OR(more probable explanation) we are  saving money by not only not having to pay for 3 $50 Trophies for the 3 deserving teams, We now don't have to buy ANY state trophy.........PERFECT! LOL