STA steamrolls 7a

Floridatech

STA always benefits from a very weak district and super weak Region. S. Fla. sucks in 7A, outside of STA and Dwyer. The result is that STA comes through the season and Regional Playoffs so rested that nobody has a realistic chance. Plant, Lakeland,  and Viera are battling in Region 2. Columbia and the Jax schools are murdering each other in Region 1. Region 3 was by far the toughest from top to bottom with Venice, B River, Plant City, Bloomingdale, Tech, Palmetto, and P Park. Also, Riverdale was 10-0, but wasn't quite up to snuff and not playoff tested, but still a good team on par with anyone in Region 4 except STA and Dwyer.

But in the end, your analysis is correct. The other regions will beat the crap out of each other to, in the end, be the worn out sacrificial lamb for a rested (and super recruited up) STA squad.

On 11/9/2018 at 4:53 PM, Floridatech said:

I have 7a like this.....

STA

Dwyer

Venice

Lakeland 

Columbia 

Viera 

Plant

After Dwyer no particular order all those teams can knock each other out on any night..... Besides MC scoring 44 on STA, nobody has scored double digits on STA this year.....

Venice upsets STA this year watch

On 11/9/2018 at 1:53 PM, Floridatech said:

I have 7a like this.....

STA

Dwyer

Venice

Lakeland 

Columbia 

Viera 

Plant

After Dwyer no particular order all those teams can knock each other out on any night..... Besides MC scoring 44 on STA, nobody has scored double digits on STA this year.....

Based off of your analysis of this year's Lakeland team, what areas do you see STA as being able to "steamroll" them? Which players do you see as weak links for Lakeland which would cause them to be steamrolled? Which Lakeland game(s) have you watched?

8 minutes ago, skyway said:

Based off of your analysis of this year's Lakeland team, what areas do you see STA as being able to "steamroll" them? Which players do you see as weak links for Lakeland which would cause them to be steamrolled? Which Lakeland game(s) have you watched?

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Lakeland wouldn’t get steamrolled by STA this year at all, nor would Venice. In fact, I’m betting that STA won’t win states this year. They still have to beat either Venice, Lakeland or Plant, and none of thee games will be easy for them.

6 minutes ago, skyway said:

Like I said STA will roll, I think Dwyer would get handled too.....

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Lakeland wouldn’t get steamrolled by STA this year at all, nor would Venice. In fact, I’m betting that STA won’t win states this year. They still have to beat either Venice, Lakeland or Plant, and none of thee games will be easy for STA.

STA running clock these teams 

2 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

You do know STA played a much better schedule than y'all 

The regular season doesn’t matter as long as you’re ready for the playoffs. Just remember that back in March you said that Venice would return to being a 9 win team and a second round loser in 2018. Well you were wrong!

43 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Lakeland wouldn’t get steamrolled by STA this year at all, nor would Venice. In fact, I’m betting that STA won’t win states this year. They still have to beat either Venice, Lakeland or Plant, and none of thee games will be easy for them.

If plant is a threat to make states then so is Columbia and Viera 

40 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

You do know STA played a much better schedule than y'all 

The best team on their schedule beat them 

DFB is always talented but usually blows it so until we see where DFB finishes they aren't that much better than normal 

They also played SJB last year who finished 2nd in CA yet STA would lose 3 games afterwards, Dematha probably aint even as good as SJB was

The rest of the schedule is nothing impressive, a first round loser in Miramar, a Fort Lauderdale team who lost bad to the only 2 elite teams on their schedule and will get blasted again this week 

So again what is so special about this schedule

Lakeland doesn't yet have any true super marquee wins; they've just beaten everyone decisively. But, what they do have that other 7A finalists who've played STA in Orlando lacked is a roster stacked with FBS recruits. Not as many as STA has, but far more than Plant, Viera etc had when they met STA. 

Lakeland deserves to be an underdog vs. Plant based solely off the last couple of seasons' losses. But, for what it's worth, this team is considerably better than those teams. I'm confident in saying that. And, I lean towards saying this is the most talented and deepest team Lakeland has ever had. It's easily the most dominant team they've had through 11 games, though SOS has to be considered as well on that. They didn't quite force running clocks on Manatee and Apopka, but the QB was limited in those games and a couple other key parts were missing as well. 

If Plant, Viera, or Columbia beat Lakeland-and they absolutely may-it will be considered a choke job and will be a major disappointment. Despite what a couple people have said here, those teams don't have near the manpower of this Lakeland team. 

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I never said they weren’t but I’m thinking someone will upset STA this year

I don't think STA will suffer a true upset. Venice, as defending state champs having beaten STA last year, wouldn't really qualify as a major upset. Seems like you guys are really picking it up again. If Columbia beats Lakeland, with that big-play passing attack and having lit up IMG, I don't think that would be a major upset. And then with history and a loaded roster, I can't see Lakeland beating STA as some huge upset. 

19 minutes ago, skyway said:

Lakeland doesn't yet have any true super marquee wins; they've just beaten everyone decisively. But, what they do have that other 7A finalists who've played STA in Orlando lacked is a roster stacked with FBS recruits. Not as many as STA has, but far more than Plant, Viera etc had when they met STA. 

Lakeland deserves to be an underdog vs. Plant based solely off the last couple of seasons' losses. But, for what it's worth, this team is considerably better than those teams. I'm confident in saying that. And, I lean towards saying this is the most talented and deepest team Lakeland has ever had. It's easily the most dominant team they've had through 11 games, though SOS has to be considered as well on that. They didn't quite force running clocks on Manatee and Apopka, but the QB was limited in those games and a couple other key parts were missing as well. 

If Plant, Viera, or Columbia beat Lakeland-and they absolutely may-it will be considered a choke job and will be a major disappointment. Despite what a couple people have said here, those teams don't have near the manpower of this Lakeland team. 

If Columbia beats Lakeland i wouldn't consider it a choke job on Lakeland part 

Ask @nolebull813 or @DarterBlue2

They have both seen Columbia up close and while Columbia doesn't have a ton of big name FBS guys they have a ton of players who play like it

If all our top quality players were 6'3 or 6'4 we would have about 15-20 guys who would get d1 consideration

Some our best players get overlooked because they don't have d1 size but if you go and look deeper into the roster I'm sure you will see players who play harder and better than plenty of one's who do have those offers

11 minutes ago, skyway said:

I don't think STA will suffer a true upset. Venice, as defending state champs having beaten STA last year, wouldn't really qualify as a major upset. Seems like you guys are really picking it up again. If Columbia beats Lakeland, with that big-play passing attack and having lit up IMG, I don't think that would be a major upset. And then with history and a loaded roster, I can't see Lakeland beating STA as some huge upset. 

If Columbia beat STA and/or Lakeland it would be a upset mainly because on paper it would be considered a huge mismatch but considering IMG was also a huge mismatch on paper it can't be ruled out but we still a ways out before we can start worrying about 7a finals

Viera vs Plant and Columbia vs Lee could have huge implications on who plays in final 4

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If Columbia beats Lakeland i wouldn't consider it a choke job on Lakeland part 

Ask @nolebull813 or @DarterBlue2

They have both seen Columbia up close and while Columbia doesn't have a ton of big name FBS guys they have a ton of players who play like it

If all our top quality players were 6'3 or 6'4 we would have about 15-20 guys who would get d1 consideration

Some our best players get overlooked because they don't have d1 size but if you go and look deeper into the roster I'm sure you will see players who play harder and better than plenty of one's who do have those offers

I suppose going on the road and losing a close game wouldn't be much a choak, I agree.

I read what DarterBlue has said about Lakeland. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, I'm pretty sure he thought last year's Lakeland team was better than this one. Once I read that, I started to question his judgement a good bit. There's simply no question this team is better. So, I'm not sure exactly what he's basing his opinion on. I have a couple of guesses, but I'm not sure.

Having watched Lakeland football for 30+ years, the ‘05 team is probably the closest team I would put to it. ‘04 & ‘06 were great teams, but ‘05 was just loaded, IMO. Now, having said that, I think the upper tier competition is better now that it was then as well. Recent STA teams would blow the ‘04 & ‘05 STA teams out of the water. 

Only one weakness concerns me about this year’s Lakeland team......we’ll see if it gets exposed in the coming weeks or not. ;)