Vero Beach vs Dr Phillips next week

Floridatech

42 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Well I knew Dr Phillips would pull it off, but Cen10 didn't go away without a fight, so now Dr Phillips comes to the Citrus Bowl next week.....

Vero beat Gateway 48-6 

Dr Phillips beat Centennial 34-28 OT

I’m telling you bro this is Vero Beach’s year to win states

DP (6-5) got itself a nice round 1 win after being down 17-6 at the half against Centennial. Final score was 34-28 in OT.

DP had two punts blocked and a third snap went over the punter’s head. Need to clean up the special teams to have a chance against Vero Beach.

The Panther offense is showing some sparks but needs consistency. They’ve found a nice wrinkle that worked against a good defense tonight in the second half.

DP will need to put pressure on Vero’s QB. DP didn’t get much push tonight defensively.

33 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

DP (6-5) got itself a nice round 1 win after being down 17-6 at the half against Centennial. Final score was 34-28 in OT.

DP had two punts blocked and a third snap went over the punter’s head. Need to clean up the special teams to have a chance against Vero Beach.

The Panther offense is showing some sparks but needs consistency. They’ve found a nice wrinkle that worked against a good defense tonight in the second half.

DP will need to put pressure on Vero’s QB. DP didn’t get much push tonight defensively.

Man we allow too much running up the gut on our defense, if a good back with decent coaching take advantage of that, it'll be a long night for Vero and mobile qbs give us big problems this year too our D aint like last year 

2 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Well I knew Dr Phillips would pull it off, but Cen10 didn't go away without a fight, so now Dr Phillips comes to the Citrus Bowl next week.....

Vero beat Gateway 48-6 

Dr Phillips beat Centennial 34-28 OT

This is Vero's chance to get their signature win in the playoffs on their way to a state title. 

2 hours ago, Floridatech said:

We shall see 

I am going to be flat out honest. If VB cannot take out DP, then they don't currently have what it takes to win a large class state title in Florida. DP is not a bad team. However, they are not their usual state caliber selves this year.

If they do get through VB and find a way to beat Manatee or Riverview in the Regional final, they will almost certainly fall to the Region 1 winner, which is looking more and more like Wekiva as I type this. 

The losses by Centennial and Treasure Coast in the first round, raise a lot of questions about this VB team, as it struggled against both these teams in district play. 

Osceola and treasure coast both had only a running game and it showed late in the season as coaches realized that also. If dr Phillips is going to have a chance against Vero it will need to hurry the QB and if they didn’t do that with centennial then they can forget it with Vero. Vero run defense may night stuff every play , but they can hold there own when they need to. Dr Phillips beat Vero last year because that quarterback was an amazing division 1 player. He is gone now just like there chance at a win in Vero Beach on Friday night. Let’s get it!!!!!!

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I am going to be flat out honest. If VB cannot take out DP, then they don't currently have what it takes to win a large class state title in Florida. DP is not a bad team. However, they are not their usual state caliber selves this year.

If they do get through VB and find a way to beat Manatee or Riverview in the Regional final, they will almost certainly fall to the Region 1 winner, which is looking more and more like Wekiva as I type this. 

The losses by Centennial and Treasure Coast in the first round, raise a lot of questions about this VB team, as it struggled against both these teams in district play. 

First off all were contenders second of all Vero won't be able to hide for long is the playoffs I tried to tell y'all that but everyone is still excited bout that 42-20 win over Venice Early in the season, very very similar to how Vero beat Oscar Smith early in the season last year and almost ended up on a running clock in the playoffs sooooo I'm not changing my argument because last year was THE team and this year is more of a waterdown version of that team, obviously Dr Phillips got a good coaching staff to pull out the W last night despite being down,  but it's playoffs and everything is out the window now

47 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

First off all were contenders second of all Vero won't be able to hide for long is the playoffs I tried to tell y'all that but everyone is still excited bout that 42-20 win over Venice Early in the season, very very similar to how Vero beat Oscar Smith early in the season last year and almost ended up on a running clock in the playoffs sooooo I'm not changing my argument because last year was THE team and this year is more of a waterdown version of that team, obviously Dr Phillips got a good coaching staff to pull out the W last night despite being down,  but it's playoffs and everything is out the window now

Think about it this way. Treasure Coast and Osceola both got knocked out in round 1, the two teams you were worried about. You already know that the Venice game was week 1 and that we were down when we played you guys but it still showed that Vero Beach is even better than they were last year. DR Phillips shouldn’t have even made the playoffs this year with 5 losses in the regular season. Vero Beach has this

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Think about it this way. Treasure Coast and Osceola both got knocked out in round 1, the two teams you were worried about. You already know that the Venice game was week 1 and that we were down when we played you guys but it still showed that Vero Beach is even better than they were last year. DR Phillips shouldn’t have even made the playoffs this year with 5 losses in the regular season. Vero Beach has this

Bruh I'm not listening to u no more cuz I saw you being two faced on the scoreboard stream and Dr Phillips won last night how the hell they not a playoff team lol

Just now, Floridatech said:

Bruh I'm not listening to u no more cuz I saw you being two faced on the scoreboard stream and Dr Phillips won last night how the hell they not a playoff team lol

Ok don’t believe me I’m not going to preach to the choir but I’m going to call you out for being a bad fan when Vero And Venice both win states this year

2 hours ago, No nonsense said:

Osceola and treasure coast both had only a running game and it showed late in the season as coaches realized that also. If dr Phillips is going to have a chance against Vero it will need to hurry the QB and if they didn’t do that with centennial then they can forget it with Vero. Vero run defense may night stuff every play , but they can hold there own when they need to. Dr Phillips beat Vero last year because that quarterback was an amazing division 1 player. He is gone now just like there chance at a win in Vero Beach on Friday night. Let’s get it!!!!!!

DP beat Vero last year?  They had an amazing D1 QB?

3 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Think about it this way when Cocoa was supposed to have THE team when Booker T was "down" they lost. But the following year they got over that hump and won state. Could be the same story for Vero.

Darter I think you’re focusing on one data point (the DP-Apopka game) a little too much. 

DP’s performance has been highly variable. While I could see Vero Beach winning handily, and that may very well happen, it depends on which DP shows up. They’re volatile. The DP you saw has shown up 4 times this year (36.4%).

I don’t “pick” winners in games anymore, I focus more on probability. I’d give Vero Beach a 4/5 chance of winning. The only way DP wins is if they move the chains (control possession) and pressure the quarterback. DB’s will need to keep tight coverage and not allow space. I’ll be in Atlanta but Vero Beach has an excellent online stream with commentary for fans to watch. Looking forward to it.

13 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Darter I think you’re focusing on one data point (the DP-Apopka game) a little too much

DP’s performance has been highly variable. While I could see Vero Beach winning handily, and that may very well happen, it depends on which DP shows up. They’re volatile. The DP you saw has shown up 4 times this year (36.4%).

I don’t “pick” winners in games anymore, I focus more on probability. I’d give Vero Beach a 4/5 chance of winning. The only way DP wins is if they move the chains (control possession) and pressure the quarterback. DB’s will need to keep tight coverage and not allow space. I’ll be in Atlanta but Vero Beach has an excellent online stream with commentary for fans to watch. Looking forward to it.

I am sure that is part of it. The last time I saw a good DP team fold that much against Apopka was the 2001 team that had the best WR in the country. All the other games between the two when both had solid teams were super competitive affairs with neither team giving an inch. 

The other time I saw DP was in the spring game. But that was played in very poor weather conditions and it was a spring game, so I did not want to read too much into it. It is just that I am not used to seeing a quality DP team lose that many games, including a few that were lost by wider margins than I would have expected given the kind of season their opponent has had. 

I will grant you that DP finished the season strongly, but they did not play against very good competition then, so it is hard to tell  how much they have come along. 

From the Spring and Apopka games, my take was that they had a young team that was a year away. What bothered me in the Apopka game was the lack of fight on the part of the kids.  

13 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Darter I think you’re focusing on one data point (the DP-Apopka game) a little too much. 

I too saw a 36.4 (4L÷11g) DP. Badbird and a few other Central Fl guys were correct in claiming Orlando area 8A teams are as strong any teams in the state, with the possible exception of STA and the perennial 3 headed monster coming out of 6A Miami. DP has athletes and good coaching. That always gives them a knockout puncher's chance. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I am sure that is part of it. The last time I saw a good DP team fold that much against Apopka was the 2001 team that had the best WR in the country. All the other games between the two when both had solid teams were super competitive affairs with neither team giving an inch. 

The other time I saw DP was in the spring game. But that was played in very poor weather conditions and it was a spring game, so I did not want to read too much into it. It is just that I am not used to seeing a quality DP team lose that many games, including a few that were lost by wider margins than I would have expected given the kind of season their opponent has had. 

I will grant you that DP finished the season strongly, but they did not play against very good competition then, so it is hard to tell  how much they have come along. 

From the Spring and Apopka games, my take was that they had a young team that was a year away. What bothered me in the Apopka game was the lack of fight on the part of the kids.  

I've witnessed the lack of fight (will) a couple times against Mainland. Don't know why because DP had as many or more athletes on the field. 

19 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Man we allow too much running up the gut on our defense, if a good back with decent coaching take advantage of that, it'll be a long night for Vero and mobile qbs give us big problems this year too our D aint like last year 

Dude, Im telling you that maybe you should go up to Vero's coaches and tell them how to win this game!  I am sure some of the coaches remember you from 2013.  

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Dude, Im telling you that maybe you should go up to Vero's coaches and tell them how to win this game!  I am sure some of the coaches remember you from 2013.  

Give me Two Claps and a Ric Flair.....WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO