Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

Florida's Top 15 Senior RB's & WR's-Where Are They Going?

Recommended Posts

It appears the vast majority will likely be leaving the stateKenny McIntosh, one of the state's top RB's, just made a hard commit to Georgia.  He had offers from FSU, Miami and UF.  At this point, it appears the Big 3 may only land one of the top 15 senior rb's in Florida.  As a comparison, 8 of the top 10 rb's in Texas are committed to Texas universities(all except #2 and #6)

What's ironic is that a number of these players are committed to schools in the ACC and SEC outside Florida that could help their teams beat the FL universities in conference play.  

Opinions anyone?

 

Running Backs

Trey Sanders/IMG-likely Alabama

Noah Cain/IMG-Texas or LSU

Kenny McIntosh/University School-Georgia

Chez Mellusi/Naples-Clemson

Nayquan Wright/Carol City-Florida likely

Daniel Carter/St Thomas Aquinas-Kansas St

Keyshawn King/Oakleaf-Virginia Tech

Marcus Crowley/Trinity Christian-Ohio St

Seneca Milledge/Dunbar-Virginia

Glover Cook/Vanguard-Missouri

Jatarie Washington/Pahokee-multiple offers, none from FL schools

Jouvensly Bazile/Golden Gate-Washington St

Peter Hayes-Patrick/Timber Creek-FSU offer

Devin Ellison/Bartram Trail-Georgia Tech

Jalen Mitchell/Rockledge-USF and UCF offers

 

Wide Receivers

Frank Ladson/South Dade-Clemson

Jeremiah Payton/Fletcher-Miami

John Dunmore/Chaminade-Madonna-Penn St

Josh Delgado/IMG-Oregon

Maurice Goolsby/Vanguard-FSU

Shamar Nash/IMG-Arkansas

Brieon Fuller/Miami Jackson-Miami offer

TJ Jones/Columbia-multiple offers from FL schools

Rashean Lynn/Cocoa-Florida offer

Jamarkis Weston/Clewiston-Florida

Cameron Phillips/IMG-no FL offers

Ahmarean Brwon/Jefferson-Maryland

Kalani Norris/Columbus-Georgia Tech

Darrell Harding/West Orange-Duke

Dionte Marks/Deland-Florida


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious where you got your rankings from? Hard sell not to have Veros Demarcus Harris on the WR list, back to back 1,000 yard and double digit TD seasons. Committed before the season to KY, But had offers from UM, UF, UCF, TN, VT, BC and a ton others. Here’s his stats below:

Catches/yards/tds 

2017:43/1001/11    83.4ypg/23.3ypc

2018: 63/1463/16  133ypg/23.2ypc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trelle said:

Just curious where you got your rankings from? Hard sell not to have Veros Demarcus Harris on the WR list, back to back 1,000 yard and double digit TD seasons. Committed before the season to KY, But had offers from UM, UF, UCF, TN, VT, BC and a ton others. Here’s his stats below:

Catches/yards/tds 

2017:43/1001/11    83.4ypg/23.3ypc

2018: 63/1463/16  133ypg/23.2ypc

247...as you know, once you get past the top 5-10, you could toss probably coss a toin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It appears the vast majority will likely be leaving the stateKenny McIntosh, one of the state's top RB's, just made a hard commit to Georgia.  He had offers from FSU, Miami and UF.  At this point, it appears the Big 3 may only land one of the top 15 senior rb's in Florida.  As a comparison, 8 of the top 10 rb's in Texas are committed to Texas universities(all except #2 and #6)

What's ironic is that a number of these players are committed to schools in the ACC and SEC outside Florida that could help their teams beat the FL universities in conference play.  

Opinions anyone?

 

Running Backs

Trey Sanders/IMG-likely Alabama

Noah Cain/IMG-Texas or LSU

Kenny McIntosh/University School-Georgia

Chez Mellusi/Naples-Clemson

Nayquan Wright/Carol City-Florida likely

Daniel Carter/St Thomas Aquinas-Kansas St

Keyshawn King/Oakleaf-Virginia Tech

Marcus Crowley/Trinity Christian-Ohio St

Seneca Milledge/Dunbar-Virginia

Glover Cook/Vanguard-Missouri

Jatarie Washington/Pahokee-multiple offers, none from FL schools

Jouvensly Bazile/Golden Gate-Washington St

Peter Hayes-Patrick/Timber Creek-FSU offer

Devin Ellison/Bartram Trail-Georgia Tech

Jalen Mitchell/Rockledge-USF and UCF offers

 

Wide Receivers

Frank Ladson/South Dade-Clemson

Jeremiah Payton/Fletcher-Miami

John Dunmore/Chaminade-Madonna-Penn St

Josh Delgado/IMG-Oregon

Maurice Goolsby/Vanguard-FSU

Shamar Nash/IMG-Arkansas

Brieon Fuller/Miami Jackson-Miami offer

TJ Jones/Columbia-Texas A&M

Rashean Lynn/Cocoa-Florida offer

Jamarkis Weston/Clewiston-Florida

Cameron Phillips/IMG-no FL offers

Ahmarean Brwon/Jefferson-Maryland

Kalani Norris/Columbus-Georgia Tech

Darrell Harding/West Orange-Duke

Dionte Marks/Deland-Florida


 

That’s crazy that J. Washington (PK) doesn’t have any Florida (FSU, UM, UF, UCF, USF, FAU, FIU) offers...Just as crazy, that he was on (and got hurt) on kickoff COVERAGE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

That’s crazy that J. Washington (PK) doesn’t have any Florida (FSU, UM, UF, UCF, USF, FAU, FIU) offers...Just as crazy, that he was on (and got hurt) on kickoff COVERAGE!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/jatarie-washington-210332#school-interests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year, the Gators went after the #1rb in Georgia and FSU went after #2. 

Between 2000-2017, only 4 qb's who played their high school ball in Florida were the primary qb starter at one of the Big 3 FL universities during their senior years.

I believe that practices such as these are in some way contributing to their inability to keep some of the best talent here in FL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most schools (especially the Power 5 Fla schools) chase stars and rely on recruiting services, rather than evaluating and developing talent. There are alot of kids in this state that should be staying put, but since they didn't go to the right camp or maybe they're an inch to short, they get passed on...I see that a lot at PK. 

As an FSU fan, I really liked the Miami teams that they had when they were coming off probation. Not a lot of 4/5 star rated kids, but they identified talent that fit their scheme and developed them when they got on campus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

I think most schools (especially the Power 5 Fla schools) chase stars and rely on recruiting services, rather than evaluating and developing talent. There are alot of kids in this state that should be staying put, but since they didn't go to the right camp or maybe they're an inch to short, they get passed on...I see that a lot at PK. 

As an FSU fan, I really liked the Miami teams that they had when they were coming off probation. Not a lot of 4/5 star rated kids, but they identified talent that fit their scheme and developed them when they got on campus.

As a canes fan I agree with this! Like we was going hard for Kenny McIntosh but imo he’s ok RB.. I’ll take Nayquan Wright over him every day of the week n twice on Fridays but we ain’t getting him either smh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It appears the vast majority will likely be leaving the stateKenny McIntosh, one of the state's top RB's, just made a hard commit to Georgia.  He had offers from FSU, Miami and UF.  At this point, it appears the Big 3 may only land one of the top 15 senior rb's in Florida.  As a comparison, 8 of the top 10 rb's in Texas are committed to Texas universities(all except #2 and #6)

What's ironic is that a number of these players are committed to schools in the ACC and SEC outside Florida that could help their teams beat the FL universities in conference play.  

Opinions anyone?

 

Running Backs

Trey Sanders/IMG-likely Alabama

Noah Cain/IMG-Texas or LSU

Kenny McIntosh/University School-Georgia

Chez Mellusi/Naples-Clemson

Nayquan Wright/Carol City-Florida likely

Daniel Carter/St Thomas Aquinas-Kansas St

Keyshawn King/Oakleaf-Virginia Tech

Marcus Crowley/Trinity Christian-Ohio St

Seneca Milledge/Dunbar-Virginia

Glover Cook/Vanguard-Missouri

Jatarie Washington/Pahokee-multiple offers, none from FL schools

Jouvensly Bazile/Golden Gate-Washington St

Peter Hayes-Patrick/Timber Creek-FSU offer

Devin Ellison/Bartram Trail-Georgia Tech

Jalen Mitchell/Rockledge-USF and UCF offers

 

Wide Receivers

Frank Ladson/South Dade-Clemson

Jeremiah Payton/Fletcher-Miami

John Dunmore/Chaminade-Madonna-Penn St

Josh Delgado/IMG-Oregon

Maurice Goolsby/Vanguard-FSU

Shamar Nash/IMG-Arkansas

Brieon Fuller/Miami Jackson-Miami offer

TJ Jones/Columbia-Texas A&M

Rashean Lynn/Cocoa-Florida offer

Jamarkis Weston/Clewiston-Florida

Cameron Phillips/IMG-no FL offers

Ahmarean Brwon/Jefferson-Maryland

Kalani Norris/Columbus-Georgia Tech

Darrell Harding/West Orange-Duke

Dionte Marks/Deland-Florida


 

When did Tj  jones commit to Texas A&m?

 

I know he considering them but i don't remember him ever committing yet unless I missed something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

When did Tj  jones commit to Texas A&m?

 

I know he considering them but i don't remember him ever committing yet unless I missed something 

I mainly asking because if he did then i need to go out and get a Lake City Reporter to read about it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It appears the vast majority will likely be leaving the stateKenny McIntosh, one of the state's top RB's, just made a hard commit to Georgia.  He had offers from FSU, Miami and UF.  At this point, it appears the Big 3 may only land one of the top 15 senior rb's in Florida.  As a comparison, 8 of the top 10 rb's in Texas are committed to Texas universities(all except #2 and #6)

What's ironic is that a number of these players are committed to schools in the ACC and SEC outside Florida that could help their teams beat the FL universities in conference play.  

Opinions anyone?

 

Running Backs

Trey Sanders/IMG-likely Alabama

Noah Cain/IMG-Texas or LSU

Kenny McIntosh/University School-Georgia

Chez Mellusi/Naples-Clemson

Nayquan Wright/Carol City-Florida likely

Daniel Carter/St Thomas Aquinas-Kansas St

Keyshawn King/Oakleaf-Virginia Tech

Marcus Crowley/Trinity Christian-Ohio St

Seneca Milledge/Dunbar-Virginia

Glover Cook/Vanguard-Missouri

Jatarie Washington/Pahokee-multiple offers, none from FL schools

Jouvensly Bazile/Golden Gate-Washington St

Peter Hayes-Patrick/Timber Creek-FSU offer

Devin Ellison/Bartram Trail-Georgia Tech

Jalen Mitchell/Rockledge-USF and UCF offers

 

Wide Receivers

Frank Ladson/South Dade-Clemson

Jeremiah Payton/Fletcher-Miami

John Dunmore/Chaminade-Madonna-Penn St

Josh Delgado/IMG-Oregon

Maurice Goolsby/Vanguard-FSU

Shamar Nash/IMG-Arkansas

Brieon Fuller/Miami Jackson-Miami offer

TJ Jones/Columbia-multiple offers from FL schools

Rashean Lynn/Cocoa-Florida offer

Jamarkis Weston/Clewiston-Florida

Cameron Phillips/IMG-no FL offers

Ahmarean Brwon/Jefferson-Maryland

Kalani Norris/Columbus-Georgia Tech

Darrell Harding/West Orange-Duke

Dionte Marks/Deland-Florida


 

I can see Jalen Mitchell at UCF and Rashean Lynn at UF. But I could honestly see them going out of state as well. They both have multiple offers including Power 5 schools out of the state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

As a canes fan I agree with this! Like we was going hard for Kenny McIntosh but imo he’s ok RB.. I’ll take Nayquan Wright over him every day of the week n twice on Fridays but we ain’t getting him either smh....

I know the Canes have been pushing hard for Cocoa ATH Caziah Holmes. He's a junior and just pulled in an offer from Ohio State. He's pretty solid on the U tho. Especially since they started look at him more on the offensive side instead of defense now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

I know the Canes have been pushing hard for Cocoa ATH Caziah Holmes. He's a junior and just pulled in an offer from Ohio State. He's pretty solid on the U tho. Especially since they started look at him more on the offensive side instead of defense now.

Oh I know who your talking about .. I seen some film on him.. he’s legit!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Oh I know who your talking about .. I seen some film on him.. he’s legit!!

The only team to bottle him up for the most part this season was Rockledge. But you could see flashes of what he can do in that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×