North Marion defeated Zephyrhills in 5A 2nd Round

Proseteye

I am kind of dumbfounded at the success of the North Marion Colts. A tremendous turn around from the last season disaster when they went 3-7. Drove over to the Tampa area and took on a team that was undefeated and picked to defeat the Colts. Zephyrhills (11-0) then lost to the Colts 40-21 when the Bulldogs were leading 21-20 in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Don't know how they will do next Friday when they have to travel again to play Nature Coast Tech although I am not so sure, by their record, that NCT is as difficult as some of the teams the Colts have played during the regular season.

I Think North Marion Can Very Well Win That Game As Well. Nature Coast isn't That Great Either. They Got Very Lucky in beating a Down Baker County Team. If The Colts can go in their with the right gameplan and play like they did last week than I like their chances. North Marion has a really solid Football team

It doesn't seem, from just a cursory review, that NCT has played a difficult schedule. Maybe Eastside was their toughest opponent and that isn't saying much. I watched the replay of their game against Crystal River and they just barely won that one and didn't look that good in doing it.  And Crystal River is far from a powerhouse. The Colts two losses were 6 points to Vanguard and a 3 point OT loss to Gainesville. The colts schedule, IMO, was heads above that of NCT. NCT seems to depend on their ground game with their big RB Mike Weston. Not much passing. So, the Colts pretty much know they have to stop or slow him down and then they should win. Pretty straight forward.