Host team

MC Rockets

I asked this question to the FHSAA Twitter page, but I  guess they were too busy to respond.  Was hoping someone could help clarify for me, if they can?

Should Miami Central and Naples win this weekend, where will the semifinal game be played? Both have the same point average, but Naples is a district champion. And Miami Central has more Cat.1 wins per the playoff system. Tiebreaker goes to MC right based on section "C" of the football manual? 

2 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

I asked this question to the FHSAA Twitter page, but I  guess they were too busy to respond.  Was hoping someone could help clarify for me, if they can?

Should Miami Central and Naples win this weekend, where will the semifinal game be played? Both have the same point average, but Naples is a district champion. And Miami Central has more Cat.1 wins per the playoff system. Tiebreaker goes to MC right based on section "C" of the football manual? 

Man that's harder than a Lagrangian problem. Einstein would have trouble figuring that one out!:D

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It's messed up, though.  I am happy for the Rockets if they host, but if two teams have identical points, maybe the best solution would be to just flip a coin!

I hear you. But guess this is where scheduling tough comes into play especially if you can get a win or two in the process.

13 minutes ago, FishBowl said:

Don't quote me, but I thought the district winner would have it over the points.  Like Dillard won district and Central had to travel. Even though Central had more points. 

That's because district champs are seeded higher than wild cards during regionals 

The higher point total hosts in semifinals but I'm not sure how they would manage a tie in points

24 minutes ago, FishBowl said:

Don't quote me, but I thought the district winner would have it over the points.  Like Dillard won district and Central had to travel. Even though Central had more points. 

District champion only comes into play for the first 3 rounds. Point averages come in with semi finals. Per the FHSAA football manual. 

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's because district champs are seeded higher than wild cards during regionals 

The higher point total hosts in semifinals but I'm not sure how they would manage a tie in points

Per section "C" if two teams have the same point total, team with most Cat. 1 wins gets the home game.

Screenshot_20181120-103009_Gmail.jpg

3 minutes ago, FishBowl said:

The point system causes more confusion in my opinion. It was nice to see Norland and Northwestern in, but neither should have been in the playoffs. 

They both deserve it a hell a lot more then Boyd Anderson 

Besides the flip every year was a embarrassment to the sport and made it look like FL wasn't capable of having something advanced (like the state was saying we were too stupid to have a real playoff system)

All they need to do is explain the potential scenarios at the beginning of the playoffs so the fans of the teams will know and not have to scramble now to find out

I think where you've had to play in previous weeks playoff games should matter. If you had to play on the road last week as a district champ, you should be able to host this week.There shouldn't be any set of circumstances where a district champ could end up stuck playing on the road three straight weeks, as could happen with Plant.