Upcoming reclassification

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

My understanding is that TCA has a whole lot of 8th graders that are eligible to compete on their Varsity. We at Trinity Catholic do not have any 8th graders in the high school. They are still in Blessed Trinity our Elementary/Middle School. If the FHSAA counts their 8th graders then possibly that is why they are in 5A instead of 3A where they used to be. I sometimes wonder whether 5A is as tough a classification as 3A.

TCA petitioned to move to 5A when all this change came about.  The reason they did that was to retain district games to help with scheduling.  If not, they would have had to do some major traveling just to find teams who will play them.  Same deal for Bolles, petitioned to move to 5A from 4A for the exact same reason.

4 minutes ago, shredstar said:

TCA petitioned to move to 5A when all this change came about.  The reason they did that was to retain district games to help with scheduling.  If not, they would have had to do some major traveling just to find teams who will play them.  Same deal for Bolles, petitioned to move to 5A from 4A for the exact same reason.

So is Bolles likely going to stay in 5a even though 4a will be a very easy region since it sounds like Raines will be 5a next year and they have been the only good team in 4a region 1 lately? 

4 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

This is actually rather controversial; however, the FHSAA I believe only looks at 9-12. For years teams that only have 9-12 have said teams that can have 8th graders on varsity creates an unfair advantage. I'm pretty sure schools can have as many 7th, 8th graders on varsity as they want and they do not count toward the population cap.

But thatz crazy cuz we got 6 7 amd 8th gradrrs thats in our band that have their own basketball squad and etc so that shohld count vs our population

The Bolles vs. Raines matchup was one everyone looked forward to each year.  Bolles moving up ended that.  Raines has no incentive to move up because they can schedule all the good Gateway schools every year (Lee, Mandarin, Sandalwood, Fletcher, etc.), so scheduling is a non-issue for them.  Raines could play their JV and advance out of their region every year.  Pitiful.

6 minutes ago, shredstar said:

The Bolles vs. Raines matchup was one everyone looked forward to each year.  Bolles moving up ended that.  Raines has no incentive to move up because they can schedule all the good Gateway schools every year (Lee, Mandarin, Sandalwood, Fletcher, etc.), so scheduling is a non-issue for them.  Raines could play their JV and advance out of their region every year.  Pitiful.

Well it wasn't that raines would be going up by choice i was hearing they have 5a enrollment atm

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So is Bolles likely going to stay in 5a even though 4a will be a very easy region since it sounds like Raines will be 5a next year and they have been the only good team in 4a region 1 lately? 

Not sure what they are going to do, but it seems they are having bigger problems there than just worrying about classification.  They are currently fighting just to stay relevant.  

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Why you trying to add numbers to dillard? Lol

It don't get any easier in 7a or 8a

To a degree kind of...we would atleast make it to round 2 or 3 u said that ya self matter fact u said in most classes other then 6a u would pick us to represent the class in Orlando

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

To a degree kind of...we would atleast make it to round 2 or 3 u said that ya self matter fact u said in most classes other then 6a u would pick us to represent the class in Orlando

I said any other region of 6a besides region 4 you all would win

If you go to 7a you all are stuck with STA and 8a while not exactly having a Miami Central or Carol City team in that class 8a is by far the deepest classification in Florida 

The biggest problem for Dillard is no matter which class they go in there is a significant hurdle waiting for them,  they gonna have to knock off a elite or 2 to get back to state no matter what class they in

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I said any other region of 6a besides region 4 you all would win

If you go to 7a you all are stuck with STA and 8a while not exactly having a Miami Central or Carol City team in that class 8a is by far the deepest classification in Florida 

The biggest problem for Dillard is no matter which class they go in there is a significant hurdle waiting for them,  they gonna have to knock off a elite or 2 to get back to state no matter what class they in

Thats not the problem i would love to see us against miramar and possibly deerfield in the first 2 rounds vs a carol City then mC or mnw our chances improve considerably with the first two if u ask me if dillard and deerfield played tomorrow it would b a toss up

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thats not the problem i would love to see us against miramar and possibly deerfield in the first 2 rounds vs a carol City then mC or mnw our chances improve considerably with the first two if u ask me if dillard and deerfield played tomorrow it would b a toss up

The first 2 rounds for Dillard is tough in 6a and while 8a doesn't have 2 top 5 teams in the entire state if you look from a 5 round perspective it's far tougher in 8a

According to the FHSAA website we will have preliminary classifications/districts by December 21st. The website below says the process has just begun.

The interesting part is that any school that fits the criteria to play in 1A (Rural) have been notified already. I'm curious how many schools that are currently in 2A and above elect to move to 1A.

https://www.fhsaa.org/news/2018/1128

19 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bc talent wise we should win our region every year 

There's no Miami Central or STA in our region 

No juggernaut in our way so we shouldn't be losing short of semifinals at minimum 

either you are a homer and over estimate your talent or your coaching sucks

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

either you are a homer and over estimate your talent or your coaching sucks

Idk if it's coaching but it sure as hell is mental 

Sometimes i think Columbia goes into these playoff games thinking we will just blow it (or at least in the fanbase because we always have people in Lake City picking us to blow it every single round) 

That negativity seems to bring a bad energy and whenever anything goes wrong in the playoff games it begins to be the thought "here we go again" 

All 3 years that i was out there (2014-2016 seasons)  by second half the look on faces of players looked like they were defeated 

2014 against St Augustine we were playing bad most of game but late in game we looked like we were going to make one last push then while trailing 2 scores with about 3 minutes we fumble ball on 5 yard line and instantly the sideline went dead silent

2015 that game with Viera was over when Viera recovered the first of 2 kickoffs while special teams just stood there and looked at the ball. At that moment Columbia had no energy on sideline the rest of the game

2016 against Lee we lost that on final play of 1st half when Lee hit a deep ball right before halftime. They all walked into halftime with heads down and i knew right then my senior year was going to end against Lee 

I can't speak to what happened the years i wasn't out there but that is what happened the 3 years i was out there, but if that happened in 3/3 years i was out there I would think it probably happened years i wasn't out there

Columbia is close to making that run

They just need to completely disregard all the noise and bull crap from the fair weather people in the fan base, use that Lee game as a fire under them for every single game next year and make the decision that they will do whatever it takes to break through the glass ceiling 

They are very much capable of doing so,  even though I'm not exactly on the best of terms with some people out there I know their potential 

The moment they live up to it they will be in Orlando