ITS FINALLY HERE! VENICE VS STA!

VeniceIndianFan

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice and STA both won blowout games in round 3 tonight! They battle next week at STA! So my question to all fans is, who do you guys have winning this game, and what are your predictions? Should Venice be favored to win next week? I’ve got Venice winning by 7.

Venice gave up way too many points against a game Bloomingdale. Playing STA at their house with them bent on revenge, this game is going to get ugly quickly. 

St. Thomas by 25 or more. 

STA defense is stacked, so good luck with that. At the least ,6 D-1 prospects on D. Venice defense gives up way to many points. I watched #3 Wr Terrell Ferrell abuse Venice D. Over 100yds recieving not including his Td drop on their first possession. That was a 50 plus yarder.  

This game will not be close. 45 - 17 STA.

Some points to think about. Im sure I have said this before. STA cant be pleased about last year so they will bring it. STA at home doesn't lose much and when they do its not usually from Florida. To add to that its not usually a team from outside the local south Florida area. Im sure most realize this. 

Venice DB will have trouble once again. I think Carr is the only one with experience on that field from 2016. Vero Beach torched the DB and last night Bloomindale showed they had watched the film. Or at least they did from the first half. 

Venice will need to get pressure on the QB and control the run game with the front 8. Take their chances with the WR I suppose. 

Kicking game should about even.

Offense has what probably is the toughest task. Keep the chains moving and go for broke. I know coach Mac will come up with some new plays for this game. Can not turnover the ball with sloppy play like last night. Score first and try to stay in front. 

Here is where things get interesting. Half time adjustments is what Venice has done well. They need to make those adjustments more on the fly in this game. 

We all hear Venice doesn't have athletes and everyone should run through them easily. So this week will be no different from that standpoint. 

I know the coaches have a much different game plan this time as apposed to 2016. Will it work Im not sure. 

3 minutes ago, 941football said:

Some points to think about. Im sure I have said this before. STA cant be pleased about last year so they will bring it. STA at home doesn't lose much and when they do its not usually from Florida. To add to that its not usually a team from outside the local south Florida area. Im sure most realize this. 

Venice DB will have trouble once again. I think Carr is the only one with experience on that field from 2016. Vero Beach torched the DB and last night Bloomindale showed they had watched the film. Or at least they did from the first half. 

Venice will need to get pressure on the QB and control the run game with the front 8. Take their chances with the WR I suppose. 

Kicking game should about even.

Offense has what probably is the toughest task. Keep the chains moving and go for broke. I know coach Mac will come up with some new plays for this game. Can not turnover the ball with sloppy play like last night. Score first and try to stay in front. 

Here is where things get interesting. Half time adjustments is what Venice has done well. They need to make those adjustments more on the fly in this game. 

We all hear Venice doesn't have athletes and everyone should run through them easily. So this week will be no different from that standpoint. 

I know the coaches have a much different game plan this time as apposed to 2016. Will it work Im not sure. 

I’m going to talk to Coach Burton about a few different plays and tricks they can use to beat STA next week. It should be a good game, I think Venice will win by 7-10 points

Just now, 941football said:

Im sure they are talking about it at the school as we speak.

I’m not sure about that. I’ve seen STA’s film, they aren’t as tough as they were in 2016. If you go back to when you and I were talking about STA in one of my old threads,  that’s what I want to talk to the Venice coaches about. Pitch plays. Catch and runs. Beating STA’s offense.

Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m not sure about that. I’ve seen STA’s film, they aren’t as tough as they were in 2016. If you go back to when you and I were talking about STA in one of my old threads,  that’s what I want to talk to the Venice coaches about. Pitch plays. Catch and runs. Beating STA’s offense.

As in the past they should meet at the school to view film. Im guessing they are there now discussing it. I know of a few different things they had already set up in advance. 

1 minute ago, 941football said:

As in the past they should meet at the school to view film. Im guessing they are there now discussing it. I know of a few different things they had already set up in advance. 

I never knew they met at the school to watch it, I just figured they would watch it at practice with the players. That’s pretty cool. I think the coaches will see what I see as well- short passes and catch and runs. Sideline running. Incorporate running backs into the passing scheme to go for 6-7 yards at a time.

33 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m going to talk to Coach Burton about a few different plays and tricks they can use to beat STA next week. It should be a good game, I think Venice will win by 7-10 points

You need to take off the green and white glasses. Venice can try all the tricks they want. Why not just get David Blaine.  Your Homerism is at an all time high from that ish you are smoking.  Trust me when i tell you. STA will be relentless until they run Venice off the field. 

5 minutes ago, Khenti said:

You need to take off the green and white glasses. Venice can try all the tricks they want. Why not just get David Blaine.  Your Homerism is at an all time high from that ish you are smoking.  Trust me when i tell you. STA will be relentless until they run Venice off the field. 

Come on I’m just trying to root for my team, you have to be optimistic.

On 11/24/2018 at 9:51 AM, Khenti said:

Trust me when I tell you that Venice will roll STA in their own house.

3 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

STA will have this game settled by halftime.................Long Bus ride home for Venice Friday night. Hopefully the Venice coaching staff will be better prepared to keep angry mommy's off the field after the game.

It’s gonna be a long night when STA realizes what they’re in for lol. They’re gonna be furious after losing to the same opponent twice. 

I would love to hear someone's spin on how to exploit STA.  Am not implying they are unbeatable.  I simply see them as a very well-rounded team that can beat you different ways.  If STA loses this game, fine, but how? 

A team that blasts Dwyer, Deerfield Beach, Miramar and Dematha is a team on a mission.  They have taken care of business all year except for one half versus Central.

9 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I would love to hear someone's spin on how to exploit STA.  Am not implying they are unbeatable.  I simply see them as a very well-rounded team that can beat you different ways.  If STA loses this game, fine, but how? 

A team that blasts Dwyer, Deerfield Beach, Miramar and Dematha is a team on a mission.  They have taken care of business all year except for one half versus Central.

The biggest strength on STA that I've seen is the front 4 pass rush,  anyone that can beat STA has to have a OL that can hold for about 3-4 seconds at least against that line which is asking a lot or find a way to slow the pressure long enough to get quick passes

Something using a zone read could cause one of the pass rushers to freeze and that may make enough time for a quick pass,  the STA secondary is talented but not exactly a shutdown across the board,  they will give up yards against a good passing team

STA is very good at running the ball so that team has to also be good at stop the run and forcing STA to have to get into a shootout,  STA is not good enough at qb position to have to win a shootout against a good defense

Also whoever plays STA better protect the ball and have no turnovers and has to make every possession count

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Go back to my Venice 28 Braden River 21 thread, I explain in detail how Venice can beat Saint Thomas!

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

The best argument for Venice having a shot is that they are so precise, and exploit every inch and every questionable aspect of the rule book, that they are just going to score a bunch of points no matter what. And they're used to giving up points, so they won't be shocked when STA scores. They hope to come up with a couple of timely turnovers, hold them to a couple of field goals and win something like 38-35.

I'm afraid it won't happen like that, though. I think this will look a lot like the 2016 game.