Two Teams from Marion County still in it

Proseteye

2 minutes ago, joeycash2004 said:

Y'all case was a Lil more different... If that game would had been on a dry Friday night instead of a wet sat night where ground game matters then y'all would win easily. But that game had lots of turnovers but played into Trinity's hands because they have a better rushing attack. But y'all qb did cross the line...

One thing that game did show is Trinity is beatable,  question though, is North Marion as good as Columbia? 

That question could go a long way,  they don't need to be as good as Columbia to win but they do have to be able to do what we were able to almost do

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Key to slowing Trinity down is find a way to slow down Crowley and their stud receiver (forgot his name) 

Those 2 are the ones who touch ball the majority of the time (at least that's what they were doing when i saw them in 2 games earlier in the season)

Isaiah washington

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

One thing that game did show is Trinity is beatable,  question though, is North Marion as good as Columbia? 

That question could go a long way,  they don't need to be as good as Columbia to win but they do have to be able to do what we were able to almost do

To tell you the truth I don't think that the Colts are as good as Columbia. This year, Columbia was an exceptional team and should have gone all the way. But, the Colts don't have to be as good as Columbia or any other team for that matter. They just have to play their game, execute, and limit penalties and mistakes. TCA is still only 11 players per play just like North Marion. I don't think that the Colts have any super achievers. They just have players that are well coached and that play well together. TCA has two or three super achievers. If they are marginalized then the teams are equal. I haven't a clue whether the colts can actually hang with TCA or not. It won't be for not giving everything they've got.

You know in 2006 my team Trinity Catholic went up to Jax to play TCA in the playoffs. TCA was undefeated at 11-0 and had a monster team with the best RB's I had ever seen on a HS team. The Celtics defeated them 45-0. But, nobody berated their team. We just congratulated the Conquerors even though they didn't win.  I would expect the same level of consideration in this game with a sister team of the Celtics.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:16 AM, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Fan 74 stfu up bro u been doing this same shit for years .. How u a Trinity fan but never have anything good to say about them .. All u ever do is talk about how they can possibly lose... If I'm not mistaken ur son played with me

Well you proved why I do not act like you. Sorry I have character and come on a North Marion or Ocala Thread and act like an adult.

I thought when Lee lost last week that duval was safe to go undefeated in semifinals week since Lee was only one who would have had no chance of winning their semifinal game (considering they got blasted by a team who just got running clocked)

Congratulations to North Marion on first state appearance 

I knew that the Colts had the athletes and an excellent QB. They did bring their A team tonight and defeated the best team in 5A and one of the best in the state. I don't know how good Cardinal Gibbons is but they better be ready for the Colts. Colts, let's not get too comfortable now. You still have a date in Orlando to deal with. B)

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I thought when Lee lost last week that duval was safe to go undefeated in semifinals week since Lee was only one who would have had no chance of winning their semifinal game (considering they got blasted by a team who just got running clocked)

Congratulations to North Marion on first state appearance 

Edgewater vs Lakeland was close for a half 21-14 with Edgewater showing some momentum at the end of the half and getting the ball to begin the third quarter. Then the second half started and Edgewater imploded. 

Second half mistakes and an inability to consistently and effectively run the ball against Lakeland were Edgewater's downfall. I get the impression that both the Edgewater vs Lee and versus Lakeland games misstated the extent to which each team were better than/worse than the other. So, believe it or not, Lee may have actually given Lakeland some difficulty. But we will never know. 

Despite the blowout, I am still glad I made the game, as the kid I know on the Edgewater team had a great game: he had a clutch reception for about 35 yards that set up their first score; a kickoff return for 47 yards that set up Edgewater's second score; and out jumped the Lakeland corner in the end zone to account for their final score.

When I saw him against Bishop Moore earlier in the season, my feelings were that he had talent, but seemed somewhat reluctant to engage in contact. What I saw last night tells me he can go as far as he wants in the game of football. 

8 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I knew that the Colts had the athletes and an excellent QB. They did bring their A team tonight and defeated the best team in 5A and one of the best in the state. I don't know how good Cardinal Gibbons is but they better be ready for the Colts. Colts, let's not get too comfortable now. You still have a date in Orlando to deal with. B)

You had it dialed in from the start.  Good call.  

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think this may be the first time ever two DCPS schools have advanced to the finals together.  Kind of ironic that out of the three left up here, the two Gateway schools advanced rather easily while TC was sent packing.  It throws a little water on the private vs public debate.  

13 minutes ago, shredstar said:

I think this may be the first time ever two DCPS schools have advanced to the finals together.  Kind of ironic that out of the three left up here, the two Gateway schools advanced rather easily while TC was sent packing.  It throws a little water on the private vs public debate.  

Mandarin is the first school to advance to state in northeast FL region in the largest classification since 1997 Columbia did

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Mandarin is the first school to advance to state in northeast FL region in the largest classification since 1997 Columbia did

I remember following that 1997 season. Bradenton Southeast seemed to light everyone up. Then Columbia beat them 24-0. A shocking result that stands out enough that I didn't have to google that score.