Two Teams from Marion County still in it

Proseteye

On 11/24/2018 at 1:31 PM, Proseteye said:

Regional Finals

5A North Marion @ Trinity Christian

4A Dunnellon @ Raines

Do North Marion and Dunnellon have a viable chance? :unsure:

North Marion has the athletes to keep it close with TC for awhile. Winning the game is likely not going to happen but I think they can make this a better game than a lot of people think..... Dunnellon on the other hand is tough to say. But think Raines rolls pretty handily against them 

Yes, North Marion has matured over the season and I think the team is the best it can be right now. Everything rides on their Sr QB Corey Wilsher ;

Total Passing Yards

Passing TDs

Passing Yards/Game

Pass Completions

Pass Attempts

Their defense also has 22 interceptions.

Don't know whether they will be able to effectively compete with TCA. But, they'll give them a game.

Dunnellon is a hard team to figure. They lose to teams they are supposed to defeat and win against teams they are supposed to lose to. Right now they are playing the best football that they have played all year. Raines better not take them lightly.

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Key to slowing Trinity down is find a way to slow down Crowley and their stud receiver (forgot his name) 

Those 2 are the ones who touch ball the majority of the time (at least that's what they were doing when i saw them in 2 games earlier in the season)

Yeah, Crowley rushed for 261 yards and 3 TDs against you guys. And, Columbia may have a somewhat  better defense than North Marion. Ribault was the only team that slowed him down allowing only 54 yards rushing. Ribault still lost 47-0. You pretty well shut down WR Isaiah Washington with only 49 yards and 1 TD. He is their go to receiver. QB Jacory Jordan has pretty much the same stats as QB Corey Wilsher. The overall offensive output of TCA is pretty much the same as that of North Marion. TCA's defense gives up 12 ppg whereas North Marion gives up 14 ppg. I don't see this game, off of the stats, being that much of an advantage for TCA. However, TCA is like a precision machine and seems to make every game look easy. They are overall one of the best teams in the state. The Colts will have to limit penalties to practically none and play the best game of the year to get by TCA. If Wilsher, who is an excellent QB, has a good night and his OL can do its job, I can see a possible upset. Possible but maybe not probable.

10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Yeah, Crowley rushed for 261 yards and 3 TDs against you guys. And, Columbia may have a somewhat  better defense than North Marion. Ribault was the only team that slowed him down allowing only 54 yards rushing. Ribault still lost 47-0. You pretty well shut down WR Isaiah Washington with only 49 yards and 1 TD. He is their go to receiver. QB Jacory Jordan has pretty much the same stats as QB Corey Wilsher. The overall offensive output of TCA is pretty much the same as that of North Marion. TCA's defense gives up 12 ppg whereas North Marion gives up 14 ppg. I don't see this game, off of the stats, being that much of an advantage for TCA. However, TCA is like a precision machine and seems to make every game look easy. They are overall one of the best teams in the state. The Colts will have to limit penalties to practically none and play the best game of the year to get by TCA. If Wilsher, who is an excellent QB, has a good night and his OL can do its job, I can see a possible upset. Possible but maybe not probable.

PBL i believe also held Crowley to under 100 yards as well 

Trinity is somewhat like Bama, they just keep reloading. year after year. Last year they were just too young. Now they are grown men, but still have babies out I under the fold. only imagine if they had kept the keep transfers there ( Keyshawn King Oak leaf-  Virginia tech commit) and others they would of been like American Heritage for the past couple of years. "INTERESTING FACT- last week against Bolles, the kid ran the 98 yarder is ONLY and Eight Grader. and they have another eight grade cornerback with offers from FSU, Miami, and Florida already. Crazy

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

PBL i believe also held Crowley to under 100 yards as well 

Surprisingly Crowley had 216 yards and 3 TDs against Braden River but TCA only defeated them by 5 points. Also TCA only passed for 49 yards in that game. That tells me that if you can shut down their passing game you can possibly defeat them even though their ground game is excellent. My way of thinking is that the Colts contain Jordan and slow down Crowley, get a good game from Wilsher, and they may just do it.

Let be real..every good team has their slip up game. They just happen to have it the 1st game of the season.....it they were to play again now, same result. Braden river is a good football team so we expected a good game.. They should of beat Venice couple of weeks ago... That's what championship football teams to.. Their battle will be in state title game vs cardinal Gibbon/Jesuit.. Gibbon lost their starter qb......

North Marion has a great chance in the game with TCA. These two teams, I believe match up pretty close to each other with athletes and I think they played in a spring or KOC classic game in the past year or two when both teams were younger with those players returning. TCA has an issue with penalties and that may hurt them in a close game against a team that matches them statistically. 

9 hours ago, joeycash2004 said:

Let be real..every good team has their slip up game. They just happen to have it the 1st game of the season.....it they were to play again now, same result. Braden river is a good football team so we expected a good game.. They should of beat Venice couple of weeks ago... That's what championship football teams to.. Their battle will be in state title game vs cardinal Gibbon/Jesuit.. Gibbon lost their starter qb......

CG did lose their starting qb but their first game without him they came 7 points from putting a running clock on the 2 time defending 5a state championships 

Stud Qb or not CG is dangerous 

6 hours ago, Fan 74 said:

North Marion has a great chance in the game with TCA. These two teams, I believe match up pretty close to each other with athletes and I think they played in a spring or KOC classic game in the past year or two when both teams were younger with those players returning. TCA has an issue with penalties and that may hurt them in a close game against a team that matches them statistically. 

Fan 74 stfu up bro u been doing this same shit for years .. How u a Trinity fan but never have anything good to say about them .. All u ever do is talk about how they can possibly lose... If I'm not mistaken ur son played with me

dude just being realistic...me honestly think the only chance north Marion has is really just showing up..TCA should win but any given friday.. I look forward to state game tbh with cardinal gibbon... They finally got American heritage out the path so we'll see

14 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Fan 74 stfu up bro u been doing this same shit for years .. How u a Trinity fan but never have anything good to say about them .. All u ever do is talk about how they can possibly lose... If I'm not mistaken ur son played with m

4 hours ago, joeycash2004 said:

dude just being realistic...me honestly think the only chance north Marion has is really just showing up..TCA should win but any given friday.. I look forward to state game tbh with cardinal gibbon... They finally got American heritage out the path so we'll see

Really? Just showing up? Pretty condescending attitude. You may be right. But, think how absurd you will look if the Colts do defeat TCA or even give them a good game.  :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Really? Just showing up? Pretty condescending attitude. You may be right. But, think how absurd you will look if the Colts do defeat TCA or even give them a good game.  :rolleyes:

It is pretty simple for North Marion.  Stop Crowley and you stop TC, because they do not have the type of QB who can take over a game if needed.  They have basically hitched their wagons to Crowley all year long.

I would look like a person who doesn't have a clue on what there talking about. A person who doesn't know football. Yeah anything can happen on any given Friday, BUT.... not this Friday...lol Trinity has too much talent. Been on mission ever since the lost to West Florida last year. I watch north marion /nature coast. impressed but not enough. Im sure it'll be close in the beginning but #3 Crowley is a different beast than that RB you faced last week. He gets over 150 easy.

15 minutes ago, shredstar said:

It is pretty simple for North Marion.  Stop Crowley and you stop TC, because they do not have the type of QB who can take over a game if needed.  They have basically hitched their wagons to Crowley all year long.

15 minutes ago, shredstar said:

I seriously hope they don't intend to load the box up. because qb may not be no all American but he has all American talent around him at receiver as well. so I hope that they stack the box and well see how good north Marion corners are where they're on an island with no help over top.

2 hours ago, shredstar said:

Think that all u want !!Trinity has plenty of weapons and the qb can take over and he only in 10th grade 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Trinity has weapons but I will say at least in the game against us they don't win without Crowley 

Stopping Crowley alone won't be enough to beat them for North Marion but it will be a huge thing for the checklist 

Y'all case was a Lil more different... If that game would had been on a dry Friday night instead of a wet sat night where ground game matters then y'all would win easily. But that game had lots of turnovers but played into Trinity's hands because they have a better rushing attack. But y'all qb did cross the line...